Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

That was my reaction too. I can't remember why she's terrible but I do remember enjoying a couple of her losses, particularly the one to Shevchenko

As a person has been covered but as a fighter she kind of poses some mild question for Nunes, she's dumb and tough which is always a good combination when fighting a poo poo wrecking striker and she does to her credit have an excellent gas tank and no quit. She might be able to make it a fight if she can avoid getting her head punched into the 2nd tier on her clinch entries but if I was a betting man I'd bet everything I have on Nunes punching her stupid into an early finish.

GTO posted:

Surely if he loses they'll immediately book the Nate trilogy fight?

You would think so, it would break all kinds of records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cisneros posted:

Yeah, every now and then someone misses the Joe Silva days, when it has been revealed he was shittier on the fighters than Dana, he just kept out of the public eye.

Dana willing acts as the lightning rod for everything good and bad. Apparently fans are dumb enough to send death threats to people who fill in for him every now and then at weigh ins and stuff.

Not defending him but he's not 100% responsible for everything good or bad with the ufc he's just happy for everyone to think he is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Herb copped a lot of criticism for late stoppages, probably shouldn't have stopped the paint can fight when he did now.

The conor grabbing the gloves thing I can kind of forgive a little because he probably would give him a warning between rounds.

If you're watching to see if hes staying concious while being blasted with elbows you're probably not paying 100% attention to glove grab.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Conor is still and has always been a world class fighter, it's just that Khabib is legitimately a once in a generation talent and Porier is probably the best 155 lb fighter in the world right now.

His losses of note are to Nate Diaz, Dustin Porier and Khabib. That's not always bad territory, not even close.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I also found this still which I feel contains a Conor joke, with the "Gorilla Chest" and "Irish Setter," but I can't locate it.

Some men fight for sport
Others fight for food

The only thing I'm fighting for
Is to pay my lawyers good

See my chest, see my chest
tatts of crowned gorillas are the best

Hear this trash talk, there's no better
Than authentic Irish banter

See my leg, it was shattered
Now my career is in tatters

Cry against the cage
opponents wife will hear my rage

MMA fans they all titter
while my agent locks my twitter

See my chest, see my chest
tatts of crowned gorillas are the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aljo being tired and stalling is definitely true. Yan being a really dumb man is also true. I don't think it needs a rule over haul to figure out a solution to it.

IIRC someone posted - somewhere that Yan's corner yelled "hit him, hit him" or "you can hit" and Yan threw the knee but obviously they meant punches.