Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Dustin says he ‘put Conor in airplane mode’ which rules.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nothing But Hate posted:

Here’s a bad prediction: Dustin beats Conor, Conor takes the Nate fight so he can “have an easy win before he rides off into the sunset” but he loses

That's not a bad prediction at all. Honestly, the Dustin winning part is the bit I'd think is hardest. Dustin's got Conor figured, but that first round is still far more dangerous for him than it is for Nate.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

If Conor walked out to Return of the Mack and ko'd Dustin I'd be right back on the hype train tbh

Keep that train rolling for the net five years of him not fighting then, lol.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Flaskraven posted:

Dustin vs Oliviera
McGregor vs Dariush
This is my dream

Old Man Dariush would bury McGregor.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

If I remember correctly, Conor and Artem both ended up with six month medical suspensions due to the leg kicks they threw against Nate and Avila at 202.

That camp's just dogshit.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Kavanaugh, himself, seems like a very solid coach,

Does he? Based on what?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

connor finally getting legit knocked out will be great,

He got legit knocked out in the second fight.

CarlCX posted:

When he's not attached to Conor's bullshit antics his breakdowns of fights are very clear and levelheaded, to the point that he's already done an interview breaking down where and how Conor hosed up and injured his leg by screwing up his own techniques, and before these godforsaken days Kavanagh was mostly known for being Gunnar Nelson's head coach and he did a bang-up job with him.

As part of that interview he said the fight was going well and he expected Conor to finish Dustin in the next round, he also said that Conor was defending well while on the floor, that's the furthest thing from an honest interpretation of that round you can get.

People bring this up a lot, but I can't name a single fighter Kavanagh's coached who has got better under his leadership, and outside of Conor, who seems to mostly be a product of himself and a few others, I can't think of a single SBG fighter who actually has a clear, coherent game that sets up their talents.

Nelson is the closest thing to a success story SBG has had outside of Conor and he doesn't train exclusively at SBG Ireland.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

i mean lights out knocked out.

So did I. He got sparked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

We have no idea if Conor would have held the belt for a long time and never will, but I think he probably wouldn't have.