Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

There's also enough stories about TJ being a complete dick in sparring that it's safe to assume he's just a straight up rear end in a top hat.

Chris Holdsworth posted:

I was always up for the fight, but there was multiple occasions where T.J. got a little bit too aggressive, he went overboard in training. He’s kneeing you while we’re boxing. He’s throwing elbows while we’re doing jiu-jitsu. And I remember that instance that’s out in the public — yeah, it’s definitely true.
The instance he's referring to is when TJ illegally kneed him in sparring, concussing him and ending his career.
Sure a lot of the stories are coming from TAM and they have bad blood with TJ but Cody was 100% correct when he called TJ out on his PED use so I'm inclined to believe them.

Also here's him cheap shotting somebody after the bell in sparring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RhlVOyXpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

The fight was one sided enough that I don't really have much interest in a rematch and I'd much rather have Yan vs TJ instead.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Yea it's surprising how bad he's been about this considering how well he handled it immediately post-fight. He really didn't look like he wanted the belt when Buffer announced him as the winner and in the incredibly medically irresponsible post-fight interview he kept on saying that wasn't the way he wanted to win. Recently brain-damaged Aljo has more self-awareness than regular Aljo :shrug:. Yan going full Ivan Drago for the rematch is a fun angle at least.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

CarlCX posted:

I mean, the entire MMA world decided Aljo was a stupid lovely faking loser who sucks the literal moment he decided he couldn't continue, including Yan, so at a certain point why would you try to play it off nicely when everyone including the dude whose fault it is that you have the belt has already made up their mind

This is a good point and I think the reasonableness of this community has warped my perspective a bit. I appreciate that the only issue people here had was that the ref didn't stop the fight immediately and kept asking Aljo how he was doing even though he physically couldn't stand up without stumbling.