Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Brut posted:

The Monster deal is the same way, right?

More or less. I think the fighters who get a Monster logo get a pay out, but only them. And I haven’t seen any transparency on how someone gets the logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

cisneros posted:

He’s just green Artem Lobov.

I would say more green Leonard Garcia.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

beep by grandpa posted:

I think I know why I don't like Ciryl Gane

Everything about him reminds me of a silent protagonist create-a-character from a mid 2000s era crime game but all the sliders are set to default

Plus some randomly selected tattoos from the top row of generic options/placements.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it is bizarre like how do you inflate your head

HGH! My ex had to go on a round of growth hormone for an injury, and said around six months he could feel the spaces between his teeth starting to grow wider as his skull got larger.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Hollandia posted:

I missed Riggs' entire UFC run, but he seems like a fairly reasonable dude? His interview about fighting Nick Diaz in hospital after their UFC match was very funny.

Apparently he fell in love with Montana after hanging out with Tim Welch at the MMA Lab and started a gym in Great Falls :allears:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Brut posted:

Yeah maybe if he doesn't get kneed there Aljo eats a punch on the way up, stands up, the round ends, but then what?

I dunno, obviously it's MMA and anything can happen, but it seemed pretty clear what was going to happen this time.

My personal take is that Aljo didn't win, but Yan chose to lose. I don't care what Yan's corner may or may not have said, if he didn't internalize the rule that an opponent with a knee down is considered a grounded opponent (this isn't something that changes in the altered rule sets, so one can't use that excuse), that's on him. This isn't some obscure rule from an edge case in the Semaphore days, this is a fundamental part of the UFC's unified rules.

I also don't think the belt should change hands on a DQ. It should go into escrow until they create a new matchup, ideally involving the person who "won" due to DQ (if they weren't too wrecked to continue competing) and someone else. If the DQ committer wants another shot, they gotta get back in line.