Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
If there are any other folks out there like me who really enjoyed "Inside the Octagon" back when it had Dan Hardy and don't really enjoy it now that it's a buncha other weirdos and the British play-by-play guy (Gooden), you may be glad to know that Hardy seems to have gotten a deal with BT Sport where he is basically doing the same show but solo. It might be geoblocked some places but it works here in Canada.

Here's the vid for Mack/Poirier 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTETuEQJh6k

No mind melting insights, but I think he does a good job of talking about range management and how both guys move around differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Esquire Magazine posted:

McGregor dreams of possessing the ultimate trapdoor, of mastering the decisive submission that would finish any opponent: the rear naked choke. He has never managed to apply it during a UFC fight. He talks about it the way any of us talks about an object of desire that eludes us.

"It's the most dominant submission," he says almost wistfully. It isn't an arm or a knee bar or an ankle lock, each of which leaves its victim the opportunity to survive, however slight. And it isn't a punch that can be slipped or countered. The rear naked choke is almost a metaphor for the consequences of our most calamitous mistakes. "You can do nothing to me, but I can do whatever the gently caress I want to you," McGregor says. "I have complete control."

He's not sure he's making himself plain enough. He wants you to understand the feeling of true hopelessness, the sensation of every last door closing to you. He wants you to hate that feeling, which will make you appreciate more deeply the moments you are free.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

TheKingslayer posted:

At this point I'm fine saying Conor wasn't as good as his push and Aldo probably would smoke him in a rematch. But you only get a second chance if you're a golden draw.

Considering all the leg attack troubles Conor has been having, it's crazy to think how different things could have gone with Aldo.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Orange Carlisle posted:

The only post fight interviews that should be allowed are the Diaz brothers, win or loss

And Derrick Lewis. And Uriah Hall.