Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

This might be Conor's retirement fight if he loses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

GTO posted:

Surely if he loses they'll immediately book the Nate trilogy fight?

Nate fight would be contingent on them actually paying Nate - far from a given

mewse
May 2, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

The guy off camera interjecting "he is undefeated though" is a chef's kiss moment.

:lol:

mewse
May 2, 2006

devilmonk posted:

Conor was probably in shock I guess, and reverted to a primal rage/crazy person.

The Conor MacGregor you know is gone. Only cocaine remains.

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

This guy really belabors the point, but not much hard contact on the very last teep Conor threw:

Another theory has it as the round kick at 13s:

Bas Rutten posted an anecdote about fracturing someone's shin early in a round and it fully breaking later in the round, seems to support Dustin's claim that the fracture happened early in the 1st

Bas Rutten posted:

OK, so they asked me what I thought about the fight between Conor and Dustin and if a “check” caused the whole problem.
Poirier said that he checked a kick, and that he felt that something happened, that he even was pointing at McGregor to let him know he hurt himself.
Well, these pics are from the beginning of the fight, the second pic shows Poirier pointing at Conor's leg, like: "You hurt yourself".
Conor kicks, Dustin lifts his leg a little bit, just enough for Conor to connect to the side of his knee (in stat of the meaty part just above the knee), which, if you feel yourself on the outside of you knee, there is a thick bone.
Now, on the pic where he kicks you can see his calf muscle hanging down, meaning, it was relaxed, this means, he didn’t flex his leg when he kicked, that means the ankle is completely relaxed and with that power, (because he was kicking hard), a relaxed ankle hitting a thick bone? That could have started the whole thing, it probably got fractured there, then some more kicks, and the fracture gets a little bigger every time.
And at a certain time, the ankle goes: “screw it, I am out”.
Now, NOTHING else happened to the ankle during this fight, so I believe this could have been the only reason, then again, I am not a doctor. I just speak from an experience I had, this one….
One time I was fighting in Japan and the day before the fight I saw a video of a fight where a guy was sitting in half guard, grabbing his opponent’s ankle, fell back and applied an inverted heel hook.
I am looking at Jon Bluming who was with me (the highest Black belt degree holder, 10th degree, in Kyokushin Karate next to Mas Oyama, the founder), and I told him, (since I had not a lot of grappling experience yet), “That’s a cool move, I should remember this”.
Next day I am in the fight and what do you know? I am in that position, so I figured to try it out?
Now because I never did it before, I had no clue what amount of pressure I was putting on this fighters’ knee, I fell back, heard a pop, let go immediately.
The ref heard the pop as well, but the fighter gets up, feels his knee (because 90% of the time it’s the knee that pops), tells the ref: “I am OK”? The ref and myself are looking like “What the heck? We heard it pop”?
Well, what we didn’t know was that it was his shinbone that we heard crack, it was cracked now, but not completely broken yet
So the ref restarts the fight, my opponent moves around, he kicks me, I let him miss, I give him hard inside low kick, he counters with left inside low kick (the same leg I put the inverted heel hook on), I just take the kick, well, this is where his shin completely breaks, after the kick he puts his foot down and you see the lower leg bend outside. Not a fun thing to watch.
What I am saying is that, after we heard the crack, he was moving around, I kicked him and he kicked me back and at that moment it broke.
So this could have been easily the same deal, again, when you don’t flex your leg when kicking and you hit a hard/solid object with a relaxed muscle, (ankle in this case), this can very easily happen.
It’s like hitting somebody while not squeezing your hand into a fist, when you hit a skull with a relaxed hand, you can easily break your hand.
Those are my two cents, and, since I didn’t see anything else happen to the ankle, I assume it was this what started the whole ordeal. But I have been wrong many times before….
If you want to see the fight with the shinbone that broke, here goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdKB9RA8mU

mewse
May 2, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Yes conor deserved everything that happened to him on Saturday and I hope his career burns in Hell!

:agreed:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fight didn't count due to my existing fragility

mewse
May 2, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

Makhachev is good but I don't think he's khabib 2.0

Yeah he seemed like a slow starter, like he can technically do the things khabib could do but wasn't an utterly dominating performance like khabib

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

So what happened between Meisha Tate and Bryan Caraway? Last I remember they were engaged, but didn't really hear much since they were both in the UFC. I remember from watching the TUF season with her and Ronda that Tate seemed like a fairly nice, sane person, and remembered that Caraway seemed like a huge douche, so I wondered what the deal was there.

She didn't really comment on it publicly but Caraway blamed the breakup for losing a fight. Meisha started dating one of his teammates and got pregnant. Meisha now talks about overcoming her toxic relationship in interviews (they were together 10 years so doesn't seem like much of a leap to know who she's talking about)

Then Caraway forged some paperwork saying he owned an ATV that he stole from meisha and ended up getting 4 charges including a felony

mewse
May 2, 2006

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6985561710140591365

mewse
May 2, 2006

There were seasons like Rampage/Rashad where both coaches come out looking like douchebags. I think the drama is just the magic of editing

e: the guy who created the show, Craig Piligian, also created dirty jobs and american chopper - his production company is well versed in reality tv

mewse
May 2, 2006

From the GDT:

TastyAvocado posted:

I think the really negative perception of TJ is really interesting because it's only because he was honest and fessed up to it. If he pretended it was a tainted supplement and then just shut up about it like everyone else does no one would give a poo poo. Like who cares that Andre Ewell on this card tested positive for a PED recently? Who cares that Yair Rodriguez has repeatedly avoided being tested? Who cares, or even knows, that Sean O'Malley recently tested positive for PEDs? Amanda Ribas? Marvin Vettori? Walt Harris? Neil Magny? Mairbek Taisumov? Some of it is that TJ is a very high profile fighter obviously, but I think it's mostly because he admitted to it.

TJ has never been likeable. I've followed him since he beat my home town boy on TUF, and his performance when he took the belt from Barao was stunning, one of the most dominant championship fights I've seen. That was TAM's first belt but immediately afterwards the whole "TJ is a snake" thing started with him leaving the gym and having all that bad blood with TAM/Garbrandt. Then the EPO thing showed he'd been cheating the whole time anyway.

Like I don't think the negative perception has anything to do with him admitting fault, I think it was his meteoric ascent + unlikeable personality + popped after losing to Cejudo

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I hope Amanda at least got vaccinated this time around, given last July:

How's vaccine availability in Brazil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Doesn’t she live in FL?

Oh no