Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
Amazing recommendations and posts here, especially 23.exe. They definitely flew under a lot of radars and LIME is a fantastic album worth seeking out (and the music videos are all super fun).

One of my more recent favs is Hachiya Nanashi who I came across after Jitterbug got added to Project Diva:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rAblF_p704

and then Soap got me completely hooked on his style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHRlXm_tV8o

Mitchie M's been mentioned, so I'll bring up one of my other favs, Camellia. He doesn't really do Vocaloid anymore as he's largely moved on to rhythm games and his own works but if you're at all into his rhythm game stuff you should give Stance on Wave a look, it's an incredible album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvKUOKAgWuc

Fly to night, tonight by Camellia remains my favorite Miku song to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

That GIGA remix of Cinderalla is incredible, I don't know how he manages to be so amazing all the time.

Oh, and for those who were waiting for the overseas release of mobile rhythm game Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku, the official release, Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! comes out on the 7th of December. They've set up an official Twitter for it as well.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

BTW, I dunno if anyone else is playing Colorful Stage on mobile, but I recommend it.
It's a pretty great free rhythm game and they give you a ton of stuff for free (in fact, the in-app prices are so exorbitantly expensive that I can't ever imagine buying anything anyway).
What's also cool is the gimmick of the anime characters in-game singing these vocaloid cover songs alongside the vocaloids themselves.

I'm really liking it so far, it plays a lot like Chunithm, which is a very cool and fun arcade game you should absolutely try if you ever see one out in the wild. I've gotta find a better way to hold my phone or hit the notes though, I struggle really bad with anything over 22~ or so difficulty. Oh and they released "Miku" by Anamanaguchi as a gift song today, which is super neat of them.

On a side note, according to his Twitter, Giga is dropping a new song for Christmas tomorrow!!

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Ohhhh, cool. Yeah, after the marionette event storyline I just watched, it seemed like it'd be a shame if Mafuyu doesn't advance a little bit. Nice to know.

EDIT: BTW, is it just because everyone just started that our scores never go above B? Are the scores really tied to you having leveled up 4* characters? Seems like a silly carrot to have the players chase after, but I guess they had to have some kind of goal equivalent in a gacha game. I'm also almost exclusively playing co-op because it says that the drops are better. Is that right to do?

EDIT 2: From looking around the ProjectSekai reddit, it seems like people say upgraded 3* characters are more cost-effective most of the time. Good to know so I don't blow all my resources.

I suppose if you play long enough you're bound to get a few lucky 4* pulls, but it's nice to know that the 3* are just as well since I don't really wanna blow a ton on gacha bucks.

And yeah, the haptic vibration is super nice. Playing it makes me wanna bust out the arcade pad and start practicing Project Diva again.