Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

*drumroll*
we're gonna play football! (soccer)
football! (soccer)
football! (soccer)
all around the world!
football! (soccer)
football! (soccer)
football! (soccer)
greatest game of all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

No curry will be consumed. Maybe a pizza.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Lol @ my av now

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I had my second covid shot today so I'm going to sit around and drink tea while watching like an old person.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Switzerland's gonna really struggle without their Granit core. lovely puns aside, he makes such a huge difference when he plays I don't know who's going to step into that role for us and do it for 90 or more minutes.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

blegum

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

greazeball posted:

Switzerland's gonna really struggle without their Granit core. lovely puns aside, he makes such a huge difference when he plays I don't know who's going to step into that role for us and do it for 90 or more minutes.

I thought they normally reset the cards after the group stages or at the latest in the quarter finals. The semis seem really dumb, that's like 5 games to get to there

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
eventually the entire jizz hornkamp will have squires avs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Alctel posted:

I thought they normally reset the cards after the group stages or at the latest in the quarter finals. The semis seem really dumb, that's like 5 games to get to there

its because they want there to be consequences for accumulating yellows, but they don't want those consequences to affect the final itself. anything before that is fair game

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Has anyone worked out which set of teams going through would make the funniest four letter word with their first letter? I guess Spain - Switzerland is neutral for that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

Has anyone worked out which set of teams going through would make the funniest four letter word with their first letter? I guess Spain - Switzerland is neutral for that

im here for the great subs vs.

Denmark
Ukraine
Belgium
Spaitzerland

debate

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CzEBS

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
as someone who knows more than 3 words of spanish and can sometimes get the genders of the words correct I hope spain win

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s a day of foot

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I hope Spain gets slaughtered.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Finally got a rainy day on vacation so picking up some sandwiches and beers and sitting the f down for these tasty games today

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
And carved up into a number of smaller independent territories?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Randarkman posted:

I hope Spain gets slaughtered.
same, but they will probably bore switz to 1-0 death unlike the good french lads who were either fun and amazing or fun and terrible

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

If Spain scores enough, I might forgive them for their part in the anesthetic of a game against the Swedes during the group stage.

That said, hoping against hope for :mcrappe:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Splorange posted:

Mhoping against hope for :mcrappe:

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
Yellow card accumulators are stupid. Who care if you get multiple yellow cards? Isn’t that by definition within the rules of the gams? If they don’t like it give a red idgi

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

same, but they will probably bore switz to 1-0 death unlike the good french lads who were either fun and amazing or fun and terrible

Well if not, I'm fairly confident either Italy or Belgium will have their way with them in the next game.

My money is on Italy to win this whole thing to be honest. Today's match against Belgium is probably gonna be tougher than anything that can come up in the final.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the chief v2 posted:

Yellow card accumulators are stupid. Who care if you get multiple yellow cards? Isn’t that by definition within the rules of the gams? If they don’t like it give a red idgi

The American has logged on

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

hello

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Sparsely crowded stadium, yet filled with one very special tiny guest.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

the chief v2 posted:

you get yellow cards for violating the rules of the game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
:greencube::mcrappe::greencube::mcrappe::greencube::mcrappe::greencube::mcrappe::greencube::mcrappe::greencube::mcrappe:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
phwoar, Chica-Cam is operational

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

Still stupid tho

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

greazeball posted:

The lack of Xhaka will hurt, but hopefully the Cube will triumph over the triangles.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
Me, a nitwit:

Hey, Switzerland is holding the ball really well at the start, good.

TV announcer: And now the swiss have a good counterattack!

Me: Oh, they are red and spain is white.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Porrima posted:

Me, a nitwit:

Hey, Switzerland is holding the ball really well at the start, good.

TV announcer: And now the swiss have a good counterattack!

Me: Oh, they are red and spain is white.

You can’t hold the ball that’s against the rules

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

You can’t hold the ball that’s against the rules

The american logs on*

*You can if you're a goalkeeper.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh gently caress off

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
well at least there's a goal

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

vyelkin posted:

oh gently caress off
Is that Owen Goal again?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Basically an OG