Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

finally decided to start respecting myself more and uninstall failfox

wish you would uninstall your other browsers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

finally decided to start respecting myself more and uninstall failfox

:worship:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i don't even own a web browser

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

firefox is good actually

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

firefox is good actually

and yet i posted itt 🤔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
firefox

SUCKS!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
kinda getting fed up with firefox (again). it just feels... a bit janky. like a linux
refuse to go back to chome tho, maybe it's time for.... edge

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I heard that's bad for your sexual performance

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

firefox

SUCKS!

let it go echi. firefox is good.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m not interested in facts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
firefox might loving suck but right now chrome is destroying my laptop

is there any browser that doesnt dominate my battery

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
safari

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

firefox is good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at what? being poo poo thatas what

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

give edge a try. of course mostly the same technology base as chrome, but the defaults are more aggressive on stuff like tab freezing and such, which might matter.

e: actually reading some tests the difference is apparently pretty big, which is weird, but good.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

They changed some of the firefox UI elements last update and it bothers me.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
the UI changes are just weird. Hopefully it goes the way of new coke and they revert back to the normal, actually usable interface

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i hate how they keep removing useful features and customisation options because they might confuse the computer-illiterate grandmas that make up 0.01% of their userbase

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

give edge a try. of course mostly the same technology base as chrome, but the defaults are more aggressive on stuff like tab freezing and such, which might matter.

e: actually reading some tests the difference is apparently pretty big, which is weird, but good.

is it on apple_os? i’ll have to look

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

at what? being poo poo thatas what

lol got’im

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

is it on apple_os? i’ll have to look

thought you were on windows, no idea how it does on mac no (but presumably no worse than chrome)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have a cool windows pc with cold heart of ryzen, and a retina mbp from 2015 which is starting to show its age :cry:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my six year old computer isn’t as fast as it used to be

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i still use my 2012 mbp every day and it's really only annoying when i have like a million browser windows open

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s quite annoying to us when you use it to post

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

it’s quite annoying to us when you use it to post

your disgust gives me power

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage posted:

i still use my 2012 mbp every day and it's really only annoying when i have like a million browser windows open

close your tabs

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

close your tabs

who the gently caress is scraeming "CLOSE UR TABS" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never close my tabs

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mediaphage posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "CLOSE UR TABS" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never close my tabs

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my tabs are where i keep my stuff.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

my browser has 'bookmarks' where I can keep things for later

it would be cool if the browser took a snapshot of the website when you bookmarked it though in case the site goes away or the author decides to redo the entire thing

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

my stepdads beer posted:

my browser has 'bookmarks' where I can keep things for later

it would be cool if the browser took a snapshot of the website when you bookmarked it though in case the site goes away or the author decides to redo the entire thing

I think I remember seeing an ext that would save the page source and external resources so you could open the page again from your local fs

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

you're right, looks like this ext does it
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/single-file/

siiick

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i used to download websites like that back in the day, usually limiting it to one or two links past because it got pretty ridiculous otherwise

i dont even loving know why

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

now that theres essentially a browser monopoly they should all collude to limit maximum open tabs to something like 15-20 so that it covers every normal use case but would absolutely wreck the crazies

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i just keep the information or how to find it on demand in my brain

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

LastInLine posted:

now that theres essentially a browser monopoly they should all collude to limit maximum open tabs to something like 15-20 so that it covers every normal use case but would absolutely wreck the crazies

agreed

if I get to 20 tabs it's because I'm googling for an answer to some stupid problem I don't want to be solving and I don't like the answer in the first 18 or so tabs

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

firefox was the cause of my gpu drivers crashing all the time, had to disable hardware acceleration but at least now it works fine, looks like firefox does suck sometimes, still prefer it to any alternatives

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i really like container tabs. it’s nice to keep google in its own little prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
v sad to say that i'm back on chrome. firefox started crashing on me (no idea why) and i just Can't Stand the Jank anymore.