Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Zam Wesell posted:

v sad to say that i'm back on chrome. firefox started crashing on me (no idea why) and i just Can't Stand the Jank anymore.

use edge or chromium my friend

don’t let the terrorists win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

edge is just internet explorer 12

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Gentle Autist posted:

use edge or chromium my friend

don’t let the terrorists win

maybe...

for now: back on firefox lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Anytime I open firefox on my phone it opens up an extra new tab for no reason.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the new little hourglass icon for loading pages, its no good. too busy for such a small icon.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
https://blog.mozilla.org/en/products/firefox/introducing-new-colorways-for-firefox-94/

quote:

we chose “Colorways” rather than “themes” to show we are branching out from our language of “browser” to speak the language of everyday life and everyday users

lmbo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/sponsor-privacy?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

Noticed these this morning. Lmao

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

the new little hourglass icon for loading pages, its no good. too busy for such a small icon.

i have gigabit fiber so i never see it, op

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

these have been there for a long time I think. at least you can turn them off.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

quote:

a new feature that allows our users to express their most authentic selves and to bring them joy while browsing the web.

love 2 have joy while expressing me most authentic self, i am a real person that talks like this

e: these themes are only here for 3 months lmao, don't get too attached to your authentic self bithc

quote:

In this release, there are 18 themes based on six Colorways with three experiences of each color — soft, balanced and bold. These Colorways are here for the next two product releases (they won’t go away if you’ve selected it). This is a limited-time release which is intended to embrace the “now moment.” We know colors trends are always changing to offer delight and excitement seasonally. So these will be spotlighted for two cycles of release in Firefox onboarding as limited time play to enjoy to spark more engagement and interest.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

bring back skypilot :corsair:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/mozilla/status/1479143340159422468

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
impossible, op. the forums would crash if i posted here every time failfox sucked. it and chome exist in a state of perpetual suckitude

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

that fire fox

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

all web browsers are poo poo hth

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

firefox? the bears already got rid of him years ago

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my lappy battery was getting dry hosed three ways from sunday by chrome recently, enthusiastic consent of course, but something changed recently and all of a sudden it’s doesn’t drain my laptops battery in two hours. honestly night and day

hence chrome supremacy

olorum
Apr 24, 2021

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1749908

suddenly I can't open any pages on Firefox anymore and it looks like they might not even be able to fix this themselves since auto-update is also broken

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
whoopsie

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

failfox changed something to make embedded tweets load much much slower

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
works fine for me :shrug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

that's because you're a loser

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
:mad:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

you’re a winner to me

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

firefox changed something so that the downloads panel pops up briefly every time i download something through it. had to fiddle with about:config to turn it off

got boolied to

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i've stopped upgrading firefox because every single time they manage to gently caress up the UI in ways that piss me off, and i have to go digging into obscure forums for the magic css to paste into user-chrome to undo it.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

A terrible thread from a terrible poster

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

nvrgrls posted:

toym

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

you’re a winner to me

A winner at being a loser.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

AnimeIsTrash posted:

A winner at being a loser.

now that i remember, firefox also loaded tweets slowly for me a while back. i think the gray forum firefox thread mentioned there was some config you could fiddle to fix that, something to do with js security. either that or you could try upgrading hth.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nvrgrls posted:

I had suspicions about who this was and then I confirmed them

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Sweevo posted:

i've stopped upgrading firefox because every single time they manage to gently caress up the UI in ways that piss me off, and i have to go digging into obscure forums for the magic css to paste into user-chrome to undo it.

the weird floating active tab was a huge mistake--that's ok, still going to keep using this garbage.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
consider this an unpost - cancelling out another post. ff finally decided to begin honoring my directive to open pdfs with firefox. It took 6 months but hey it works and if i dont like it how about i go make my own browser since it’s so easy!?!?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
why is every browser poo poo

but firefox extra poo poo

open sores

larper
Apr 9, 2019
I think firefox has crashed one time for me in the past 5 years... in conclusion, you people are all fail

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

it would be nice if mozilla had a design plan that wasn't a single sheet of paper with "COPY CHROME!" screwed on it in crayon

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
at least back in the day they had Opera to swipe design cues from

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qsvui posted:

now that i remember, firefox also loaded tweets slowly for me a while back. i think the gray forum firefox thread mentioned there was some config you could fiddle to fix that, something to do with js security. either that or you could try upgrading hth.

I found it in the grey forums thread, I keep on forgetting there is a firefox thread. Apparently it was some change with javascript security or something?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

YOSPOS obviously has the best failfox threads (firefox is good, and post itt every time firefox sucks).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Firefox is definitely the best browser to use