Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I’m gonna necro the gently caress out of this thread because Clutch rules. They were the first band I became a rabid fan over, and to this day, probably are still the only one.

Got into them between Pure Rock Fury and Blast Tyrant, back then I still bought CDs lol, had listened to Elephant Riders even after Tyrant came out. Riders was def the weirdest way to get to know that band. Didn’t like it at first, Blast Tyrant eventually came to my attention, blew me away, then I went digging through the whole back catalog, dug up and pirated every live set I could find, so on and so forth. Not bootleg as such, but Flint Michigan is the best one, even though Neil’s voice sounds like poo poo. The spoken word bit in Oregon gives me the goddamn chills on that recording.

Robot Hive/Exodus will always be the peak for me. Neil’s most free-flowing vocal patterns and rhythms, Mick nailing the hammond, just perfect album front to back. But you can’t go wrong with any of their poo poo all the way back from Transnational up to Hive.

Hated Beale Street at first, came around on it later, didn’t mind Earth Rocker, though it was trying real hard to retread the Blast Tyrant days, right down to them snagging the same producer.

Just waxing a little nostalgic in a thread nobody’s probs gonna read, but I’m glad y’all are around and that people still remember/love this fuckin band.

Think I’ve only seen ‘em four times, but every time, from Louisville, KY to Collumbus, OH, they got the crowd moving no matter where they were on the bill, sometimes moreso than the legit metal dudes they played alongside. They used to tour with fuckin anyone man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU