Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I really like Robot Hive/Exodus.

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Earth Rocker was good. Had some filler but the good songs are pretty good. Psychic Warfare I think I’ve listened to once all the way through. Just kind of boring. Maybe I’ll listen to it again today.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Clutch was the first band I ever saw live, at a tiny club in Providence, RI when they were touring on the self-titled.

Which club? Smaller than the living room? Met Cafe?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Club Babyhead. I’m pretty sure it’s something else now.

E: GOOD LORD that was 27 years ago :corsair:

Yeah I don’t think that exists anymore. Not sure what’s there now.

Yeah it’s just a disco now. Looking back at the shows there are crazy. Nirvana/melvins split bill in 91. Pearl Jam played there lol. Providence had good rooms back in the day. Living room was always great and the old Lupos was good.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 9, 2021

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I lost my glasses in the mosh pit at a clutch show when I was a kid and some big dude told everyone to hold up, and I found my glasses, and everyone started moshing again. Good vibes.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

H13 posted:

When it came out, it seemed to be the album that "broke" Clutch for a lot of people. I'd been raving about them for years, then Psychic Warfare comes out and everybody around me was like: "Dude have you heard Clutch?!"

I think it’s just kinda boring, and I like the newer Clutch that sounds like they’re morphing into ZZ Top

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Earth rocker’s a much better album imo

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Clutch rules

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

IUG posted:

So I’ve been catching up with Clutch and have up to Elephant Riders currently. Should I stop there?

No way

I mean unless you don’t like them so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Listen to all Clutch, but the stuff between Jam Room and Pure Rock Fury inclusive is best. Blast Tyrant and Beale St to Oblivion are pretty good but not the same.

Robot hive/exodus is a good one too