Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm all in on short stories and this poo poo is great. Just got done reading Halpin Frayser. What's the policies on spoilers? Id assume they're fine but I'll spoiler for now to be safe.

What do we think killed Mr. Fraser? Do we take him at his 'words and accept its the lich of his mother? Do we assume the other named killer is the one who did it and Frayser just imagined it?

Two more out there interpretations I read on Wikipedia was that it was he who killed his own mother? Thus, he was the killer that we being hunted. Perhaps the wildest take I saw was that Jaralson is the killer and the father? I guess this can be supported by him knowing the poet and also having supposedly already encountered the killer previously?

I'm always a fan of taking monsters literally when possible, but a lot of people don't dig that.

Have we ever done a Bradbury short story collection? We might want to hold it up to a further future month, but they're always good fun. Though I don't know if his stuff can be gotten for free, really.

Bierce gets in at a nice ground level for horror. In truth, a number of his spooky stories don't really hold a candle to the horror stories to come. Even a lot of his predecessors outdo him on actual tension, scariness. Something like "The Damned Thing" feels so quaint now, but I could imagine it was a bit more exciting of the time.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU