Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Das Boo posted:

Custom made, yet.

that thread was epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Probably this nonsense. This isn't actually mine, just a picture I found online

I mean, I use them. And I enjoy them. But it was still like 800 dollars total and I probably use it about 20 times per year maybe.

I also have a piece of fossilized dino poo poo that I stole from an Indian reservation when I was like 8 years old and always makes me feel deeply ashamed whenever I see it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Play posted:

I also have a piece of fossilized dino poo poo that I stole from an Indian reservation when I was like 8 years old and always makes me feel deeply ashamed whenever I see it.

why cuz you cant push poo poo like that dino did smdh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

20 Blunts posted:

why cuz you cant push poo poo like that dino did smdh

It's actually pretty small, must've been a pretty mini dino, and must've also been pretty watery since it made kind of a domed hamburger patty shape instead of a healthy log. Or maybe that just happened over time who knows.

But no I'm ashamed because stealing from an Indian reservation seems kind of poo poo and I must've been a really poo poo little kid. I definitely liked poo poo, that much is obvious

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
ur mom

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Roughly 25 years ago I bought a "flat screen" 19" CRT monitor for $1000. Not a thin screen like today, but the actual glass on the front was a flat surface rather than have a slight curve to it. It was cutting edge and it was the envy of nerds at LAN parties. It weighs about 50 lbs and has been sitting in the garage storage in a garbage bag for the last 20 years. I can't bring myself to chuck it, donate it, or recycle it, so there it sits.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Workaday Wizard posted:

that thread was epic

I will forever be VERY fond of that thread. Everytime I wear the shirt, I get to look down and snort.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Internetjack posted:

Roughly 25 years ago I bought a "flat screen" 19" CRT monitor for $1000. Not a thin screen like today, but the actual glass on the front was a flat surface rather than have a slight curve to it. It was cutting edge and it was the envy of nerds at LAN parties. It weighs about 50 lbs and has been sitting in the garage storage in a garbage bag for the last 20 years. I can't bring myself to chuck it, donate it, or recycle it, so there it sits.

blow it up

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Internetjack posted:

i have a big fat dell trinitron CRT been sitting in my basement for about 15 years, it may still work. It was state of the art back when and I think it may be desirable for people that like old video games. I dont want to gently caress around with it, spiders might be in it :o:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Play posted:

It's actually pretty small, must've been a pretty mini dino, and must've also been pretty watery since it made kind of a domed hamburger patty shape instead of a healthy log. Or maybe that just happened over time who knows.

But no I'm ashamed because stealing from an Indian reservation seems kind of poo poo and I must've been a really poo poo little kid. I definitely liked poo poo, that much is obvious

Hmmm... you’re in a real pickle here. I was going to suggest just putting it up tour own rear end and then poo poo it out. Pretty sure that makes it YOUR poop at that point. Not sure about the hamburger shape. Unless you have a particularly loose, gaping rear end in a top hat you might be poo poo out of luck.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
a copy of fallout 76 on ps4, made worse by the fact that my ps+ subscription expired

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Idiot Kicker posted:

a copy of fallout 76 on ps4, made worse by the fact that my ps+ subscription expired

I traded in like half a dozen games to get Brink on release day

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I traded in like half a dozen games to get Brink on release day

God drat Brink is still the biggest video game burn. It had such potential

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I own a box of rocks. No bag of hammers, so far.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Internetjack posted:

Supreme Allah posted:

i have a big fat dell trinitron CRT been sitting in my basement for about 15 years, it may still work. It was state of the art back when and I think it may be desirable for people that like old video games. I dont want to gently caress around with it, spiders might be in it :o:

I have a massive apple CRT for i think the G4? and the last [thankfully a little smaller] CRT apple sold, despite having no storage space.
I need to sell a bunch of crap.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I was at the park and my friend bought me this pin from a dude covered in dog treats tied all over his clothes and wearing underwear over his pants

So probably this for at least the next several days

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I own a fax machine with it's like own phone line and everything. I sent a fax today.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Three Olives posted:

I own a fax machine with it's like own phone line and everything. I sent a fax today.
is your fax for business or pleasure?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

(beeeepp brRRRRrrrnnnn)

Dear mom & dad,

still really diggin on dudes. please stop asking.

(hes gay in real life but also kind of a fancy lad jerk so we razz him about it)

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I have a battery powered Godzilla pencil sharpener that roars when you stick a pencil in its mouth

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

beepo posted:

I have a battery powered Godzilla pencil sharpener that roars when you stick a pencil in its mouth

Hmmm I do believe this is an impressively awesome thing to own

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I reckon this shirt is pretty dumb

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ralph Hurley posted:

where did you buy this, I need some of this dumb in my life

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Torquemada posted:

Probably also a costume my wife made for me for the Blade Runner Secret Cinema a few years ago that I have no intention of ever wearing again.

Please post this. It sounds awesome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a Sunlight Medallion because I love Dark Souls and adore having to explain what the gently caress this gold coin on my desk is to everyone that passes by.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ralph Hurley posted:

Amazing.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Toss up between my Klingon pizza cutter that I bought off of Amazon because I was sick of cleaning out the normal kind...

Or this. Dammit, CDProjekt.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

beepo posted:

this reminds me that i used to own this bad boy

not sure what happened to it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ninurta posted:

Or this. Dammit, CDProjekt.

lol I got this whole mess:

What the gently caress do you even do with this. thanks cdpr.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

numberoneposter posted:

this reminds me that i used to own this bad boy

not sure what happened to it

That D-pad looks annoying as poo poo

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Thats actually just the normal Xbox dpad.

E: and it sucks poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Icochet posted:

What is it?

It's from the Death Stranding collector's edition.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

not surprisingly it wasnt a very good controller lol

actually i seem to remember the dpad was so bad we couldnt play mame MK2 with it properly and do the fatalities or special moves so it kinda got relegated to a display piece shortly after i bought it

im going to be clear here i bought it ironically but hoped it was actually somewhat usable for the 2nd player guest or something.

like hey man can i play? yah here ya go use this loving insane dragon controller!!!!

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 7, 2021

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

My first modem, a UDS 9600 Baud dial up from like 1996 and it was old then. I used it to connect to idiot teenager BBSs and met the first people to take me to a real rave with it.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

CRTs are becoming valuable again due to emulator, retro and speedrunner gamers since they have virtually no input lag. Also it just feels more authentic.

The dumbest thing I own is my collection of graphing calculators and pocket computers. I've probably got 60 or 70 of them. I've got the entire TI line except for the modern ones. I'd take a picture but they're all downstairs and I'm lazy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Just arrived today.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Knormal posted:

Just arrived today.

They aren't accessible right now, but for a few years I used to stop by Goodwill on my birthday and get some weird dumb thing as a memento. One year I got this little porcelain duck/pelican figuring (looking at it you could make an argument it was either one), another year I got this stuffed felt sloth that is the derpiest, most gormless looking thing imaginable. I'll try to remember to get pictures when I locate them.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I collect records

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Knormal posted:

Just arrived today.

That is not dumb, that is loving awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I guess we own Tack-A-Lantern too that we got out of someones trash - Why the gently caress would anyone throw away this amazing thing?!?!?!