Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Knormal posted:

Just arrived today.

I am so glad I checked this thread, I needed some follow up after you said you bought a Peepy in the tweet thread. I'm kind of obsessed with all of the dumb poo poo that company sells now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
My Grandmother's ceramic Christmas village set. Correction, one of her ceramic Christmas village sets. I think she has at least four different sets and insisted that I inherit one, despite her not being dead yet. My mother also has at least three different sets, so eventually I am going to inherit seven or eight of these drat things. I did put my foot down and refused to take her Easter egg-shaped jello molds.

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine
Right now its music on cassettes, because I don't own a player I would trust.

Not random or new stuff, just completing discography stuff.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
a sword.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Buttchocks posted:

My Grandmother's ceramic Christmas village set. Correction, one of her ceramic Christmas village sets. I think she has at least four different sets and insisted that I inherit one, despite her not being dead yet. My mother also has at least three different sets, so eventually I am going to inherit seven or eight of these drat things. I did put my foot down and refused to take her Easter egg-shaped jello molds.

Before my grandmother passed (she raised me) she gave me all of her holiday decorations, chrismass, new years independence day etc... Even though she knows the only holiday I decorate for is Halloween. Got a few hess trucks and a giant bag of hot wheels that were mine as a child.

My basement is filled with tubs of the stuff she gave me. But the favorite of mine that she gave me is the ninja blender thingy.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

~Coxy posted:

Please post this. It sounds awesome.

By request, my ‘Guy who paints the “Off-World Colonies” airships for the Shimago-Dominguez Corporation’ costume.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Torquemada posted:

By request, my ‘Guy who paints the “Off-World Colonies” airships for the Shimago-Dominguez Corporation’ costume.

unironically badass

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ror posted:

I am so glad I checked this thread, I needed some follow up after you said you bought a Peepy in the tweet thread. I'm kind of obsessed with all of the dumb poo poo that company sells now.
Was that the Twitter thread? Thanks, I'll have to crosspost, I couldn't remember which PYF thread it was since they all kind of blend together.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

this shirt

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Torquemada posted:

this is awesome

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As a nerdy collector, I own a lot of stupid poo poo. The most useless thing in my collections that I paid way too much for is a "game" that gives you your fortunes in love, work, health and so on for the next year. The next year being 1989.

The worst part is it's actually kind of rare so I paid $20 for a cartridge that I'll put into my system once to document it and then shove it into a box forever. Even the label is ugly, it's a lump of plastic whose only value is checking off a box on a list.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Soviet October revolution medal is probably up there. I also have like 10-20 pounds of antler sheds and a random horse jaw bone I found while working.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I realized that even just here at work I have a few of the calculators. I have 4 of these Tandy 100/101's as well.
Here's a picture of them on my messy desk/bench.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Tomorrow I have a reprodution of an IBM Model F keyboard arriving that I've waited five years for. It weighs around five or six pounds. This will be by far the dumbest thing I own

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Knot My President! posted:

Tomorrow I have a reprodution of an IBM Model F keyboard arriving that I've waited five years for. It weighs around five or six pounds. This will be by far the dumbest thing I own

IIRC correctly, they felt wonderful. I had one with my IBM XT when I was a young teen, felt like a serious keyboard.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

why

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Decent working CRT monitors sell for a bunch online. Just force them to come pick it up.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Because it's loud enough to break SF noise ordinances. It also cost $500

Tarkus posted:

IIRC correctly, they felt wonderful. I had one with my IBM XT when I was a young teen, felt like a serious keyboard.

Hell yeah :hfive:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It also cost $500

I'm crying, Cloud.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Because it's loud enough to break SF noise ordinances. It also cost $500

So you waited 5 years and paid 500 dollars for a keyboard from the 80's.

That's not a "dumb thing you own", per se.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

The halo 3 collectors edition helmet. Haven't played a halo game after that one.

I should sell it, looks I could make back what I paid for it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Icochet posted:

What is it?

1:1 BB Pod from Death Stranding, a video game by Hideo Kojima

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish it was my posting station

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Big Beef City posted:

So you waited 5 years and paid 500 dollars for a keyboard from the 80's.

That's not a "dumb thing you own", per se.

a dumb thing that owned him

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Play posted:

It's actually pretty small, must've been a pretty mini dino, and must've also been pretty watery since it made kind of a domed hamburger patty shape instead of a healthy log. Or maybe that just happened over time who knows.

But no I'm ashamed because stealing from an Indian reservation seems kind of poo poo and I must've been a really poo poo little kid. I definitely liked poo poo, that much is obvious

You could, you know, give it back.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
A Morgan silver dollar dated 100 years before my birth year given to me by the lead composer from Trans Siberian Orchestra, Paul O'Neil.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Weka posted:

You could, you know, give it back.

I don't know exactly where it came from, I was so young. But I might be able to find out so that's not a bad idea.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Anything I've 3D printed counts. I made a grocery bag holder hook thingy so I don't hurt my fingers whenever I try to carry everything in one trip. Dumb and functional but nothing anyone should drop money on.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Good lord I own a lot of really dumb poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I buy a ton of backpacking poo poo that I've never used. Like, a whole lot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I buy a ton of backpacking poo poo that I've never used. Like, a whole lot.

Look you never know when you're gonna need a tactical hiking balldo.

One day you're lounging around doing whatever, the next you're pushing a 18 mile back country slog with nothing but mre's and a rubber vice on your balls. Who's laughing then?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to have a lot of sponsored hair products. Like a lot. It's down to, idk, 20 or so since I no longer get them and they've been running out as I've been using but at peak I had 40-something assorted conditioners masks oils etc.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i have a Star Wars Episode 1 fruit roll up with jar jar on the packaging

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009
I have a 1.5 inch cube of tungsten. Cost way more than I'm willing to admit. It's tiny, and weighs a whole kilogram. It's my version of a fidget spinner. It's so heavy.

And also this Nic Cage in a banana pillow (featured on Last Week Tonight)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

One Nut Wonder posted:

And also this Nic Cage in a banana pillow (featured on Last Week Tonight)

Thank you for reminding me that I
1. own this, and
2. still haven’t bought a loving cushion to put in it

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Two things are competing for the title:

I have a nonfunctional Apple Lisa in my office closet. It is probably worthless to everyone but turbonerds or maybe the Computer History Museum.

I have a fully functional Louet Megado demo-sized computerized loom that I have woven exactly one thing on in the seven years I've owned it. It cost twice what my car cost, and it is one of maybe 100, if that. It is worth that plus some.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have three of these in different colors. They are called the "Fuckofftopus". Great fun, but dumb. Mrs. Genesplicer got them for me, she agrees they are quite dumb. I also have Heisenberg's pork pie hat from "Breaking Bad". Not the original, but an exact copy of Heisenberg's, made by the same company that made the original. However, when wearing my hat, I do not look cool and threatening like Heisenberg. No. Not even close. I look like a doughy nerd trying to look cool and threatening, but failing in every way imaginable.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Probably some really cheap cut rate whisky stones I got in a package of nerd goods that suck, are probably made of toxic materials, and 100 percent a choking hazard to even a full grown suburban dad.

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009
I also have the useless box. It's very dumb, but endlessly amusing. You flip the switch, the box opens, and a little finger turns off the switch. And the box closes. I love this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What happens if you hold the switch in the on position?