Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
A crosswalk button signed by the 2010 lineup of Fear Factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
my dog

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Steam Controller

Don't know what i was thinking. Touch screens suck as is, touch pads suck even more. Go to hell Newell.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I bought an East German army belt because I thought it would be mildly amusing to go around surveying with a belt buckle that looks a superficially like a sextant. Unfortunately (or probably fortunately, really) the hooks are such lovely metal that they immediately unbend and it comes apart a minute after you put it on.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Genesplicer posted:

I have three of these in different colors. They are called the "Fuckofftopus". Great fun, but dumb. Mrs. Genesplicer got them for me, she agrees they are quite dumb. I also have Heisenberg's pork pie hat from "Breaking Bad". Not the original, but an exact copy of Heisenberg's, made by the same company that made the original. However, when wearing my hat, I do not look cool and threatening like Heisenberg. No. Not even close. I look like a doughy nerd trying to look cool and threatening, but failing in every way imaginable.

Post your turds. Maybe in a different thread because they're not dumb, but maybe in this one because there's been heaps of awesome things posted here.

Play posted:

I don't know exactly where it came from, I was so young. But I might be able to find out so that's not a bad idea.

Reparations, one poop at a time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

What happens if you hold the switch in the on position?

you burn out the motor and ruin it

I also have one of those boxes and it is dumb and also great

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the dumb things you own end up dumbing you

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Look you never know when you're gonna need a tactical hiking balldo.

One day you're lounging around doing whatever, the next you're pushing a 18 mile back country slog with nothing but mre's and a rubber vice on your balls. Who's laughing then?

I got my balldo in blaze orange. To be safe hiking during hunting season.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Yep this thing is loving dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrt8-P-AbV0

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
i got this spoon with a bunch of holes in it? IDK where it even came from, has always been in my kitchen drawer. maybe it's a prototype spoon or something? like before they figured it out?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
i think its for noodles or something, i got a few of them, i have no idea who the gently caress broke into my house and put them in my kitchen

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I've literally never bought a spoon with holes in them but i have like four of them. Why and how. They just will themselves into kitchens i guess.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The dumbest thing I own is a merlin enhanced vision electronic magnifier. It is supposed to be for old people to read the newspaper, but I use it to make miniature dollhouses, removing splinters, and trying to find my wiener.

Here it is zoomed in 14 on the tip of a pencil.

The second dumbest thing I own is a $5000.00 massage chair my wife wanted for her fibromyalgia but never gets used except by the cat as a bed.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My mother sent me a $200 dookie gold chain thats as thick as my thumb and hollow so it rattles and looks dumb as gently caress.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

The second dumbest thing I own is a $5000.00 massage chair my wife wanted for her fibromyalgia
lol incredible

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

wane tendo posted:

i got this spoon with a bunch of holes in it? IDK where it even came from, has always been in my kitchen drawer. maybe it's a prototype spoon or something? like before they figured it out?

Is it by any chance an absinthe spoon like this?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

The second dumbest thing I own is a $5000.00 massage chair my wife wanted for her fibromyalgia but never gets used except by the cat as a bed.

I always wanted one of these and have a perfect spot for one but i need to be able to stretch my legs and feel air conditioning on my balls, i think they call it manspreading (christ). If theres a version of these that let you open up and expose your balls to the wind someone let me know.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Mormon Nailer posted:

I have a fully functional Louet Megado demo-sized computerized loom that I have woven exactly one thing on in the seven years I've owned it. It cost twice what my car cost, and it is one of maybe 100, if that. It is worth that plus some.

Can I ask how you ended up with that and if you ever plan to use it again? Do you have a picture of what you made? For some reason I am super intrigued by this.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Atticus_1354 posted:

Can I ask how you ended up with that and if you ever plan to use it again? Do you have a picture of what you made? For some reason I am super intrigued by this.

I'm a fiber artist and used to manage a yarn store and teach classes. When the owners retired,I bought the loom from them at their cost. Then I ended up moving twice after that, so it's sitting in my office next to me.

I plan on firing it up next week and making some videos about weaving on it. The thing I made is long gone--just an intricate scarf in handspun by me 240/2 silk handspun thread, it's a Phoenix scarf, but no idea where it is in the boxes from my last move that I still haven't unpacked. Like, I moved here in December 2017. The last boxes of my stuff just got sent to me last February. If I can find it I'll post it. I might have a photo of it from the last HGA/Complex Weavers thing I went to, but I'll have to dig through physical photos.

My main loom is also stupidly expensive, it's a Louet Spring 110 and it was 8 grand new. Worth it. Twelve shafts.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Someone gave me this Storm Glass thing that is suppose to be like a barometer or weather compainion.

It does nothing.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

That needs a flared base.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

moving again for the second time in a few months and uhh its everything. i dont want to own anything anymore

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Reading about that guy who bought Undertaker red wines post. I've bought plenty of dumb things in my life but Aviation Gin was probably the the dumbest.

But look at that. It's Deadpool, Green Lantern and Detective Pikachu and he owns a distillery! How can I not buy the last bottle in Oslo?
It was literally the last bottle in Oslo. The stores here are run by the government so it's easy to check online.

So I get home with this fucker that cost me over 70 bucks and I remember all the times as a stupid teenager when we would get get wasted on his neighbors home made gin and there's so many bad memories.

I can't drink gin. Just smelling the bottle makes me gag. Older friend of mine has tasted it bare and has mixed it with tonic and says it's some of the best he's tasted. I can't loving drink it!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
These ads were all over the place in Okinawa like 15 years ago and now it's proudly displayed in my kitchen.

I also have a Weekend at Bernie's framed movie poster in which the aluminum frame cost 4x as much as the poster...

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Talkc posted:

Steam Controller

Don't know what i was thinking. Touch screens suck as is, touch pads suck even more. Go to hell Newell.

Yeah I got a Steam Link a while ago, it was on clearance for $5 and came with a $10 Steam gift certificate so it didn't feel very dumb to buy, but it is still a very dumb thing to continue to own.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

Yeah I got a Steam Link a while ago, it was on clearance for $5 and came with a $10 Steam gift certificate so it didn't feel very dumb to buy, but it is still a very dumb thing to continue to own.

:hfive: I have a Steam Controller and a Steam Link I got for similar reasons and have never actually used. I totally will some day, though!

It's pretty dumb, but at least they don't take up much space.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

:hfive: I have a Steam Controller and a Steam Link I got for similar reasons and have never actually used. I totally will some day, though!

It's pretty dumb, but at least they don't take up much space.

:hfive: last week I got one of the least dumb things, ethernet over power adaptors, specifically to do steam link style streaming but to my Apple TV since that's a box that is already on the TV. After some experimenting though it looks like Moonlight is way better than steam link? IDK.

I think the dumbest thing I own is an moderately insane amount of LEGO. it's totally unmanagable. I don't even like LEGO any more because sorting it is so horrible. I've probably paid at least quarter as much in storage boxes as i have paid for LEGO. The idea was supposed to be a rad creative inspirational sculpture material that's perfect for my tiny apartment since there's no sawdust or fumes or nothing. Even selling it at this point would be a chore so enormous, both physically and emotionally that I can't even contemplate it.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Goddamn I wish I could afford a model f repro from them

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

AEMINAL posted:

Goddamn I wish I could afford a model f repro from them

Dude it’s so good. And it’s six loving pounds, you need both hands to move it

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
easily the sweet bro and hella jeff book

i love it tho

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
A 1987 Buick Grand National, bane of my existence. =(

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I have a lamp socket screwed into a piece of wood, on an angle, that I paid $50 for.

I *had* a car that I think I got cheap cause the guy I bought it from was trying to hook me up with his daughter.

At least I have the warmth of the bulb to comfort me.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Bone_Enterprise posted:

A 1987 Buick Grand National, bane of my existence. =(

I had one. I still miss it. I don't miss throwing money at a 30 year old muscle car with unique brake systems.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Knot My President! posted:

Dude it’s so good. And it’s six loving pounds, you need both hands to move it

i saw the chyrosan22 vid on it and i got a str8 up boner lol. very jealous.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A book that teaches valets who open doors for a living all day that when they come home, their own door knobs should be nothing but the finest hard wood, and hand tooled to their own personalized resistance preferences, preferably either sourced from or replicated to look like old fashioned door knobs.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

A book that teaches valets who open doors for a living all day that when they come home, their own door knobs should be nothing but the finest hard wood, and hand tooled to their own personalized resistance preferences, preferably either sourced from or replicated to look like old fashioned door knobs.

i miss you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Inzombiac posted:

I bought a Sunlight Medallion because I love Dark Souls and adore having to explain what the gently caress this gold coin on my desk is to everyone that passes by.

Same except it’s a crystal lizard and also a little bonfire with an led candle in it so it lights up

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

The dumbest thing I own is a merlin enhanced vision electronic magnifier. It is supposed to be for old people to read the newspaper, but I use it to make miniature dollhouses, removing splinters, and trying to find my wiener.

Here it is zoomed in 14 on the tip of a pencil.

I'm sorry but there is nothing dumb about this and it loving owns, also giving it practical application makes it useful so gently caress it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

wane tendo posted:

How big is it? Like a slotted spoon for fishing solids out of liquid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

How big is it? Like a slotted spoon for fishing solids out of liquid?

A slotted spoon and a poop knife are great alternatives for those not as fortunate and cannot afford to import a German toilet.