Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Major pro tip: Always start in a region that doesn't ban mushroom farms and build a bunch of mushroom farms, mushrooms export for a ton compared to the manpower needed to produce them and this will facilitate trade for basically anything else you need. I think it's the second most efficient Worker:Credits generation method in the game - an 8x12 mushroom farm can be easily worked by a single worker and will provide ~90-100 mushrooms per year, which sell for ~70-120 gold each (the most effective method would be a pasture with the lizards that provide eggs but I've never found a region that has them)
(Secondary pro tip: Mushroom farms need to be built indoors and you can't irrigate through a wall, but you can still irrigate them by knocking down one of the walls and replacing it with a canal)

DurosKlav posted:

I just cant figure out how to keep a positive population number. It will dip to like negative 100-200 for awhile then suddenly everyone wants to join me again. I have plenty of food, again I think its the population menu being a pain to read.

Like this.

It says my wells, canteen, and hearth spots are low, but where are they low? Where do they want me to build them to increase their happiness?

I think its just the game doing it on purpose which is kind of annoying

Also randomly clicked on this guy to look at what needs were fulfilled, and that is quite the name

EDIT: A good tip for beginners. When you start your village look around the map. I'd say that for natural resource extraction the order of importance is Coal - Ore - Clay - Stone, gems and Sithilon ore are nice to have but not important. If you are missing a large extraction patch of more than 1 of those 4 resources I'd say quit the map and try again. You will never be able to trade enough to keep in supply. I'm missing a good coal, ore, and clay deposit on my map and its hell. I cant get enough trees to keep my coal production up to a level where I'm not constantly out of it.

Also its expensive but try kick starting your livestock early by importing. They make a pretty good source of trade revenue once you get a few large pastures up and running.
I've never seen population go negative - are you looking at the number of workers? That goes negative if you have more jobs than your population can fill.

Generally the answer to all population issues in this game for me has been to play slower and stop inviting new immigrants as soon as they're available - it's best to fill out your existing infrastructure to support them before inviting them. I also focus on only having one race in my city because Humans or Cretonians (the ones I use) can do everything just fine and it's much easier to keep just a single type of pop happy. On a new save I will stay at 15 pop for several years, because I can just build a carpentry for 3 of them to work at and leisurely use the other 12 to lay the groundwork for what will become my entire city, and everyone's completely happy about it and they're indefinitely fed just from foraging, and you can stockpile gold all day long because bandits don't start attacking until... I think 250+ pop? Also if you're favoring a specific race make sure to exalt them with your admin points. On my all-Human save with exalted humans and some sanitation/happiness infrastructure my population shot up from 800 to 3200 in like 6 game days, because I built all the infrastructure I needed and filled out a few extra food warehouses before the leap from 800 -> 1200. Now I'm having a hard time finding enough jobs for them all so I have an army of over 1500 unemployed odd-job builders.

When your city has housing, torches, monuments, roads, taverns, canteens, latrines etc to support the population influx it's pretty common to have another 200-500+ applicants immediately after accepting all current applicants.

I aim for keeping around 25-30% of my population unemployed (but not more than ~300 if I can help it) usually so that they can build/harvest on demand and fill out any new job sites.

Also IMO trading for resources like ore and clay is usually better than extracting them until you have a 2k+ population and can just throw 300 workers at an ore mine. They barely trickle resources in if you don't have a gigantic workforce for them. Coal is the only one I go out of my way to extract myself before then, but then I also import it anyway because you need so fuckin' much coal all the time.

Oh, re: the Access percentages shown on that menu - this confused me for the longest time but I finally understand it. 23% Wells means that in the past [period of time (one day I think)], 23% of your population has used a well - not 23% of your population has access to them. The reason they're not using Wells is because they're using Bathhouses when possible. 61% baths + 23% wells = 84% of your population has used a sanitation facility recently. The remaining 16% might be because they do not have access, or it might be because they haven't needed/wanted a bath - the easiest way to tell is to check the Load % on the bathhouses. If they're all at 100% load, build more. The green bar shows how much happiness you are earning from this, as well as the total potential of happiness you can earn from increasing access to that service.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I feel like this will be a good game in a year, but right now it's kind of a mess that technically works

I'd say this game is far from a mess and is easily one of the best city builders available already :shrug: It does have a steep and poorly documented learning curve and a clunky interface but it all comes together hella well.

Random tips for new players I wish I had noticed earlier:
1)Cretonians are vegetarians and do not eat meat or fish. If you are starting as Cretonians, don't bother building fisheries unless you start inviting lots of other races. Do still build a hunter though because the pelts make clothes, some animals give eggs, and you can sell all of the meat for a little extra cash.

2)When choosing a starting location from the world map:
A) It's totally okay to pick a place that has no sithilon/green ore or gems. You cannot even extract these until late game anyway and, though they are expensive, they can be traded for.
B) Pay attention to the percentage listed next to each race - this shows how appropriate the climate/terrain is for them. You want 100%+ for your starting race if it's anything that isn't Humans. Humans only reach 100% from being in flat open land, which means no mountains or forests, which means very little resources - so I always settle for 90%+ with them
C) Find a place that doesn't ban mushroom farms. Really!!! You'll thank me... almost immediately. This seems to be easier if you choose a northern latitude for map generation and check the north side of it.
(Edit from the future re: Mushrooms - their price eventually tanked in my save so you probably want to diversify. You can farm egg-laying lizards in Warm climates and eggs are worth a ton, but I haven't experimented with this yet)

3) Food production... sucks. But foraging loving rules. You can forage a plant generally twice per year - start your forage at the beginning of summer, then check again right before fall and it will probably be ripe again. Build near harvestable mushrooms/veggies/fruit, harvest everything every year, keep a large odd-job unemployed population to do this for you. Don't worry about farms or pastures until you have a huge population and can dedicate massive amounts of land to them (the one exception: Mushroom farms as export goods). You can survive purely off of foraged food until around ~300-500 population as long as you make sure to build up a reserve stockpile around ~250 pop.
Fisheries and Hunters are good and bring in solid amounts of food (which Cretonians don't eat).
Keep in mind with Hunters that you want to build them in your city's outskirts in a direction you do not plan to expand in because once you start expanding in that direction you're going to scare away all of the animals. Even though distance isn't a big deal (see the next point) it's still best to reduce it when it's easy to do so, and also since hunters have such few employees, one of them not working while traveling is a relatively much bigger deal than other industries.

4) Distance - don't feel bad about making people walk a hella long way to their job. You don't have to be compact in this game. Your eventual goal should be job sites wherever you need them, then centralized neighborhoods filled with services so that wherever your people work they can go get their services in the nearby neighborhood, but there's no actual negative impact from distance other than reduced production time during travel, and people move quick enough that it's not a huge deal. It's totally okay if your clay pit is halfway across the map from the rest of your city.

5) Build tons of warehouses. Just loving warehouses everywhere. All of them. All the warehouses. You can never have enough. If you ever look at your resources and think "Wow my storage is brimming, I have so much!" then you need to build more warehouses. Why? The amount of food you need to store ramps up exponentially with your population (you can additionally get a big happiness boost by providing with double daily rations). Even with hundreds of thousands of storage capacity dedicated to food my bigger cities have sub-30-day food supplies that constantly give me anxiety. And then with big pops and a huge builder force you're going to want to build gigantic buildings like a 50x50 library and then copy/paste that library several times and you need a whole lot of wood and stone and clay and furniture and fabric, etc. saved up to do that. My two giant libraries I just completed took 2,000 furniture each :cry:

6) Cretonians like wooden and non-Square buildings. Dondorians like stone, square buildings. Humans are okay with either one. I don't use the other races much. TBH the room shape doesn't seem to matter or is easy to compensate for, I just makes square-ish buildings all the time anyway.

7) Army management tip: You can set a detachment's training level to 1, 2, or 3 pips. Pretend 1 doesn't exist and don't use it unless you need to muster a weak but large army quickly (it's just an inferior version of 2) - think of 2 as the reserve; they train up to that desired training level then go back to their jobs. 3 are your professional soldiers and they will make training their full-time job. 2 is very useful since they don't permanently leave your workforce, but once you get to 2500+ population in a city you can start getting raided by some well-trained and well-equipped armies that you'll need real soldiers to deal with.

8) !!! Huge deal here: Don't wait too long to build an administrator! Admin points are used to buy some enormous bonuses to your city. You can spend them by clicking the button in the top left corner of the world map. You can exalt a race to gain a 50%!!! population growth rate and loyalty for that race (it costs a lot of admin points, so it's best to do it early). You can get permanent, huge pop growth, knowledge gain/capacity, happiness boosts, etc for extremely cheap at the beginning. (Admin buffs all go up in cost every time one is upgraded)

9) Don't wait too long to build more administrators! They're not an infinite source of admin points. Each employee provides approx. 5 admin points. Total. When those are spent, that employee's admin point gain goes entirely to maintaining your existing admin policies instead of generating new points for you to use. In effect, you always need to be building more admins. The same is true of libraries.

10) Don't "un-spend" or de-level your admin policies! If you accidentally click the wrong one and level up sanitation instead of entertainment, you can reduce the level of sanitation but your admin points are lost and all of your admin policies are weaker for a while. Research is similar - un-learning a research will 'freeze' all of the knowledge spent on it and it takes a loooong time for it to un-freeze and become available for use again - during which time it's still counting toward your library's total capacity. Unless you really know what you're doing and why, it's best to just live with any mistakes and build an additional library/administrator.

11) You can recruit armies from the local region directly on the world map. This bypasses needing a training building for them and also draws from a different population pool - you can recruit races that don't exist in your city and it doesn't take them away from your city's population. You'll still want a training building and some local soldiers though because sometimes armies will raid your city map directly instead of sieging, so you can miss the opportunity to attack them on the world map. I haven't started any offensive campaigns yet but I'm guessing that's where these armies will be most useful.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, it's definitely less restrictive about that kind of stuff than it feels at first. As far as I can tell, the only potential negative impact from people traveling long distances is that there's more potential time for them to be outside of the radius of monuments/trees/torches, which is easily solved by placing those things along the road.

I haven't bothered to spend time following a specific citizen through their day to see if, for example, they get significantly less work done if they have to walk further to get to a bed/restaurant, or if they're impacted by getting less sleep. Based purely on possibly-wrong intuition I think that their need for sleeping quarters is essentially "I need to interact with a bed once a day", and the need is fulfilled whether they get to the bed 5 minutes or 5 hours before it's time to start their work shift. You can also over-hire for industry buildings so that there are extra workers that step in when one of the main workers is away. But ultimately I haven't seen any noticeable problems caused by distance.

I've looked through some of the race stats files for modding and I didn't see any stats related to like, 'energy' or a need to sleep or anything.

I do like, dig out small rooms for a dorm/lavatory/baths/canteen deep in the mountain where my mines are and then I have a few haulers set to bring food to the canteen and all that. But there's definitely no need for a full, livable neighborhood immediately next to all of your industry zones.

e: In other news the price of mushrooms in my kingdom has crashed to 30 gold so maybe diversifying trade goods is a better idea than relying on all mushrooms :v: I oversupplied everyone.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 12, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

At 3 pips your soldiers will train indefinitely (it's essentially professional full-time soldiers). When you look at your list of detachments, the blue part of the bar represents soldiers that are not fully trained up to the detachment's training level. If the bar is all green then everyone's fully trained (and therefore working their usual day jobs again, unless they're at 3 training pips). But I'm not sure about more granular info about level 1 vs level 2 or progress through a specific level

e: This game is easy to mod if anyone's interested in making it a little easier or harder on themself or whatever. Everything is stored in plain text files in \Steam\steamapps\common\Songs of Syx\res\data\assets\init\

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 12, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Okay finding the egg-laying lizards was way easier than I expected - they literally just need Warm climates. The northern hemisphere has more cold climates and the southern one has more warm climates - so starting in the south for lizards might be better than starting in the north for mushrooms. Eggs are usually worth 300-400 gold a piece at the start of a new save compared to 70-120 for mushrooms (I haven't tested it out though, they may have a very low rate of providing eggs). Warm climates also allow opium farming and the only thing you really lose in a warm climate is the sheep-ish livestock that give cotton. But also most races hate warm climates and as a resident of Arizona I understand where they're coming from :shrug:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 12, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Alright starting in the southern warm climates is pretty nice, I'm only at 33 population and already made over 200k selling foraged opium :2bong:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Progress Report:
Opium farms are very inefficient - an 8x12 farm predicts that it will produce about 16/year for one worker. They're forageable en masse though and the sell price has been hovering around 485 thus far.

Globdien Pastures produce around 1-2 eggs per animal per day which is nothing alarming, but seeing as eggs cost 300-400 gold each and everyone likes eating them, it's solid money and/or better than importing them.

Qubee posted:

Cheesing the economy seems like a fast track to making the grind up to a glorious city state rather boring, since you can just import everything you need.

That's totally fair, but it's also nice to just be able to buy a warehouse full of metal and tools right off the bat, which lets you temporarily skip the whole metal smelting thing and get a bakery, weaver, etc. up and running early on!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't know of any videos, but one big tip is that until you hit 200 population (I think), nothing bad can happen to you. Feel free to just stockpile foraged food in warehouses and take your time until then.

A tip I just noticed: You can fish in the irrigation canals you dig for farms.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 14, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here are several things you can do to raise happiness which is probably the most unintuitive part for new players. Every one of these will lead to more immigrants wanting to join, but also people get pickier and more demanding the more you have so heads up. If you're not getting immigrant applications, you can work on these to fix that.

Note: These can differ a bit from race to race, this list is primarily for Humans but should cover Dondorians as well, and Cretonians are pretty much the same except for a couple noted differences.

Increasing Law
(Unlocked at 200 population)
Mouseover the button shown here to see the exact formula for calculating Law. Click the button to open the panel shown which breaks everything down in more detail.

The percentage on the icon is sort of like the percentage of lawlessness - 0% means you do not have a crime problem

Increasing Mercy
(Tied to Law - you can increase law by executing criminals. You can increase mercy by not executing criminals. See the formula for calculating Law in the screenshot above and it will make more sense)

Grant Nobility
Once you hit 1000+ population you can grant noble titles to people, which will raise that race's happiness (I have no idea where/how to do this lmao, probably by building a Chamber or something but I've never bothered)
(Edit from the future: You can make them the Master of a certain thing - industry, mines, battle, etc. which makes your city do those things better)

Let people retire
Click the "Citizens" button in the top menu (Third button from the left) - then click the "Work" tab. The "Retirement Age" slider essentially lets you set what percentage of your population will be retired after living half of their life expectancy. Raising this boosts job fulfillment which boosts happiness.

Assign tools to industries
Click the work tab (2nd from the left on the city screen's top left menu), then click the button at the top center. This lets you set how many tools to be used by various industries - by default everything is set to 0. Raising tools for a specific building type will make workers in that building grab tools from storage which increases productivity and job fulfillment/

Food Preference
Make sure you have all of the food types your race(s) like to eat. Make sure you have canteens/eateries for them to eat in.

Double Food/Drink rations
If you have a surplus of either one, click the Citizens button in the top menu, then the Food button. You can set the number of food/drink rations here. Pro tip: You can raise everyone to double rations for a happiness boost, get an influx of new immigrants because of all the happiness, then set everyone back to 1x rations. I pretend I'm hosting a festival or something so it doesn't feel like cheating :colbert:

Services
Make sure everyone has access to:
Eating services (Canteen > Eatery)
Sleeping services (Chambers > Flathouses > Dorms)
Hygiene Services (Bathhouses > Wells)
Drinking Services (Taverns + drinks)
Other Services (Lavatories + Hearths)

You don't need both Flathouses and Dorms for example - Flathouses are better dorms. You want each category of services to be as close to 100% filled as possible but you don't need to worry about each individual service.
ONE EXCEPTION - I noticed recently that you need both Canteens AND eateries. If you assign multiple rations to pops, they will only grab their extra rations from Eateries, not from Canteens.

Access
Citizens gain happiness boosts from:
Walking on roads
Walking in the radius of torches
Walking in the radius of monuments
Walking in the radius of Monument Trees (Cretonians only - and this is only the trees found in the menu while building a monument, not natural trees)

Have Graveyards/Crypts
Burying corpses in a mass grave does not have a happiness malus but it doesn't have a bonus either. Crypts provide a bigger bonus than graveyards... this may not be true for Cretonians but I'm not sure (Cretonians like wood, crypts use Cut Stone for the graves, idk)

Avoid noise
Industries and crowds produce noise. Walls block noise, but some noise gets through. Service buildings want to be away from noise.

Make sure you have clothes
In the Citizens -> Equipment tab you can tell everyone to grab multiple pairs of clothes to boost happiness. You can also assign jewelry here, but jewelry is expensive. For a frame of reference, my Humans get +5 happiness from having 5 sets of clothes each and +3 happiness from having 3 jewelry each.

Have soldiers and make them fight things
Soldiers boost happiness, and the more enemies they've killed the more they boost happiness.

Store gems (for Humans) or Sithilon Ore (for Dondorians)
Humans get a happiness boost from stored gems and dondorians get a happiness boost from stored sithilon. Garthimis get a happiness boost from stored meat but since meat is all they'll eat, that one's pretty obvious.

Admin policies
"Elevate" a race to give them a +50% population growth bonus
Level up the Infrastructure policy to gain a +10% citywide pop growth bonus each level
Level up the Sanitation policy for +14% citywide pop growth each level

Other:
Not having enough stored food seems to prevent immigrants from applying, but it's not directly tied to happiness other than the Garthimis thing.

Be slower about accepting immigrants
If you're accepting every applicant as soon as they apply, they immediately start using your resources/services and overall lower your happiness. Instead, bank up a large group of them then invite them all at once.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 16, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm diving in to marching armies around the world map and capturing regions now so here's a breakdown of how it works:

Step 1: Preparation
Make sure you have at least four Army Supply Depots built, one for each of an army's needs (battlegear, clothes, rations, drink). Get them filled up because your army will need a lot of each one. If they run out of one, soldiers will desert.

Step 2: Recruit an army
You can do this from the world map screen (Click the sword icon in the top left to open the army management panel, I don't have this screen in front of me to provide more detailed instructions but first you need to create an 'army' on the world map, then select the army and look for the recruit/muster button). Depending on how much training/battlegear you give them and how many soldiers you recruit this will take a few days. I recruited 1000 with level 2 training and level 1 battlegear which was way more than I needed to get started - look at your neighboring regions to see how many soldiers are in their garrisons and just make sure you beat that by a ??? margin.

Step 3: March them toward a neighboring settlement
Simple enough. Make sure they are fully mustered, trained, replenished and stocked, they don't do those things while moving.

Step 4:
When you reach an enemy city you besiege it. It seems like right now you can only autoresolve sieges. You'll notice that you have like 0% chance of winning. You just need to keep the siege going and wait. Check back in a day or two and you'll have a much higher chance of winning, wait even longer and it scales even more in your favor. It doesn't seem like this part gets any more complicated currently

After defeating a neutral city you can choose to show them Mercy (take nothing and kill no one, but it makes them like you), sack them (Loot them and they hate you), or annihilate them (loot everything and kill everyone)

Sacking or Annihilating will let you take on literally thousands upon thousands of slaves, and loot gigantic like 5k+ (sacking) or 25k+ (annihilating) piles of resources. This is from a smaller city with only 200 defenders.

You also choose whether you want to occupy the city or liberate the city. Liberating it turns them into "rebels", not exactly sure what that does but you can probably pick apart enemy nations by forcing lots of rebellions?

If you occupy them they become part of your empire - you don't get to manually build a city there, but you can spend admin points on the region to increase its productivity/happiness/etc just like your capital region, and you can tax their goods. Doing this uses admin points generated in your capital but the costs are thankfully reset for each region.

I think that's about it right now, unless fighting other factions instead of neutral cities changes something. Taxing goods gives you a lot of that good. Capturing a region that grows apples and spending just one admin point on taxing fruit brings in 1100 fruit/year for me which is ~10 farms' worth.

It's pretty neat but clearly not fully implemented yet, right now it's another (very strong) way to generate resources and to pour your attention into late-game.

edit: Tip from the future: Once you start taking over regions, raiders will target any one of them, not just your capital city. The more you expand, the more armies you need since you only have time to move an army about 1-2 regions before the enemies reach a city.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 15, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Today I'm messing with appointing nobles for the first time. You need 1k+ population, then select a citizen and look for the "Elevate to position of power" button (it's the same icon used to elevate a race on the admin screen - right above the "mark as favorite" button). I think they require a Chamber to sleep in. You can choose to make them a master of farming, industry, mines, or livestock which boosts the production of the associated building type, or a master of battle that boosts training speed and battle effectiveness of soldiers.

I'm not sure how these bonuses work exactly. It's not just an all-at-once thing. The Master of Industry spends his day wearing flashy purple clothes and inspecting all of my industry buildings and over time the bonus listed on the throne to Craftsmanship is slowly going up (currently 0.4% after having the noble for just one season)

If you assign someone as a noble it can be hard to track them down to see what they're up to, you need to click the Population tab (top left) then filter by noble. I wasn't able to find anything else indicating who my nobles were or letting me select them

As an aside I realized that you need to go into the Work screen (hammer button in the top left menu which shows how many unemployed you have) and then click on this button at the top center in order to tell your industries to actually use tools, which increases productivity and job satisfaction.
(Edit: I tried to take a screenshot of this but imgur and SA attachments both refuse to upload it even after re-taking it and re-saving it :confused:)

vvv Happy to help! I am not good at writing organized guides but I am good at info dumping after looking into a system, hopefully someone else can write it into a nice succinct guide at some point :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 15, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Remember not to accidentally build your torch in front of a building's only door :smith: these poor carpenters

Something I noticed with this carpenter in particular - my other industry buildings nearby all use the same interior layout but they are 12x16 and do not have this weird embedded monument statue. The carpenter is slightly larger and has the monument and isn't perfectly rectangular - it had 156% efficiency while all of my other industry buildings were at 112%. I'm not sure if that little extra came from the monument, the non-Square building, or the different size with more open floorspace. Either way there are a lot of subtle mechanics that I'm still not fully grasping

Edit: I totally misread, the "Rate" is what was listed as 156% and 112% - that's the decay rate. Non-square building decays faster.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 16, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I took over every neutral region! I think this made bandit raids stop, I haven't had any in a few years (Edit: I spoke too soon, just got one and it spawned directly inside one of my regions)

The largest neutral city garrison I fought was 1.7k soldiers. I was getting bandit raids bigger than that (one actually wiped out one of my armies :( ) so it absolutely seems worth it to capture them, but bandits will keep spawning in any neutral regions and attacking your nearest region. By the end I needed 3 armies marching around to cover all my bases and make sure I had an army near where the bandits would come from. (You can also turn population into garrisons with admin points, but I had better uses for admin points)

There seems to be something going on with other empires, when I first started there were only a small handful of empires that controlled everything, but now there are lots of smaller ones that have 1-3 regions each. I'm guessing these were bandit raids that stole cities from other empires and became new empires themselves. None of them seem openly hostile toward me yet, which is good because my largest army is abut 7k soldiers and mostly mercenaries, while the big empires have a, like 15k soldier stack wandering around.

This has been a good way to get resources at the end of the day - you can tax whatever resources you want from any region you capture at the cost of some admin points and a little loyalty (you can also just improve their admin buffs for more loyalty). Right now I have a steady trickle of taxed coal/iron/gems and food coming in every year. Taxing for food in heavy-producing regions brings in quite a lot, like 1k/year off of a single pip of taxation.

However you need a mega buttload of administrators at this point. I have 5 admins with 60 employees each and I'm still spread extremely thin for admin points to use on the world map (I also have over 1000 unemployed so it's not a huge deal to just build more, but... drat)

I'm still impressed by the scale of this game too, I'm nearing 4k pop and literally just dug up and moved an entire river because I wanted to build where it was :wth: It seems like the further you go on, the more you'll start disassembling all of your industry/agriculture in your capital city to focus the land on administrators, making weapons/battlegear, supplying armies, etc. while relying on food and building materials from all of your satellite regions. It's not a particularly "meaty" system yet but it's new and interesting for sure.

Edit: It turns out you need both Canteens and Eateries! Don't skip Eateries! Your citizens will only take extra assigned food rations from Eateries, NOT from canteens. I was stuck at ~10% food preference score and ~10% happiness from food rations for years, I finally added in some eateries and now it's finally going up.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 16, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've kept access around 80% using only canteens (but of course I'm realizing now that probably means 80% of people could visit one, not that 80% of people got all the rations they need, which is what you're getting at :mindblown: ), and they still weren't gathering extra rations. One of the tooltips mentions that pops will only pick up extra rations from "kitchens" which used to be the name of eateries in earlier versions (it's not clear to me whether "kitchens" now refers to both canteens and eateries, or just eateries... I'm starting to suspect it's just eateries). Canteens do seem pretty inefficient since they cook a live hot meal for everyone that comes in.

I think you're spot on about the inefficiency of canteens for the Food Preference part for sure, they're only cooking just one meal for each visitor, so the visitors don't get variety. Having an Eatery next door lets them grab the extra rations of whatever type of food they want (I assume?), so it both raised the "extra rations" happiness since they were finally getting them, and the food preference happiness since they were getting to choose their meals.

But now I'm curious if just having a buttload of extra canteens would solve the extra rations part - if anyone tests it out please let us know! (This is the only city where I've ever skipped eateries and went straight to 100% canteens)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 17, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Okay I could have sworn it said "Kitchen" but now it says "Eating Service" in the tooltip, I think you're right on the money about why it's happening zedprime.

This... gets pretty drat overwhelming after a while! Here's a post about the problems my city is having now in case it helps someone plan ahead

My city is kind of starting to fall apart now because I relied too much on trade (opiate/eggs/furniture), which is a lot harder to scale up to huge pop numbers than production. My armies are going through over 20k rations/season and I didn't even start producing them until I was suddenly having a hard time importing enough. I'm at I think ~4500 pop now (with another 1000 waiting to join). I slapped down a bunch of big admin buildings so I could tax my regions more and upgrade their infrastructure so traders can carry more goods and now I'm working on scaling up all of my production/extraction.

Later on when you own all of the neutral regions and bandits start spawning inside your empire's borders, they can sometimes spawn immediately next to a city. This makes it impossible to navigate an army to them and stop them before they can capture it, so I lost a few regions by not having any garrisons (garrisons cost a lot of admin points). They're easy to re-capture since you can wipe out the enemy army then take the un-garrisoned city, and I think you get at least most of your admin points spent on the region back, if not all. So it's not a major loss, but it's a major drain trying to support all of the armies I have running around (4 armies of ~6-8k soldiers). Virtually everything is hard to keep up with now - services, armies, trade, even plopping down all the buildings I need is a neverending task - but I say that in a good way, ramping up from a little city to this has been great and it actually feels like the problems I as a player am facing have scaled appropriately with the problems my city itself has faced.

There are things I should clearly be doing here like extracting the ore and just having more farming/industry in general, etc. - I keep getting distracted by other things to do!

Storage is also becoming an issue at this stage - it's hard to keep scaling up at an appropriate speed. I'm copy/pasting a big ~40x30 warehouse several times just to store food and having a hard time keeping up. Part of that problem is that assigning goods to boxes in a new warehouse takes so many individual clicks though

As an aside: I've been experimenting with digging fishing ponds, 12x12 seems to be a sweet spot which allows 9 fishers and 0 non-fishable tiles. You can build farms on the sides of the pond to give them an irrigation bonus, it seems to be okay if your fishers stand on farm tiles while fishing.

I'm appreciating the scope and scale more and more - it's starting to feel like playing a grand strategy game where I solve grand strategy problems by actions taken on the city level and vice versa - playing the city and the city state in tandem and constantly balancing them between each other. It's really incredible how well this all comes together even though the individual systems aren't as nuanced as they are in other grand strategy games or citybuilders. The grand strategy stuff is still pretty barebones, it's engaging but there's not really a compelling reason to do it yet (diplomacy, victory conditions, etc), but it sounds like it has a lot of development yet to come. I've been auto-resolving all of the battles, the combat system that's in place is cool and will be fun one day but since there aren't different unit types and it's mostly just a numbers game it's not particularly fun to play.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 17, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not sure if there's a way to see your world gen settings (maybe in the save file itself if you open it in notepad? most of this game's files are plain text) - but raids default to "Few" which is the lowest they can go without turning them off and it's not rare to go long times without seeing any. It seems to be a factor of something but I'm not sure what - overall army strength seems to be related (anecdotal, but I've got far fewer raids since really ramping up my world map army sizes) but there might be other things too, like loyalty or happiness.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Qubee posted:

Are raids the annoying noble event, where they ask for money and if you don't pay up, they attack after 4 days? I set mine to medium or whatever the next rung up from 'few' is, and I wish I never did. It's just annoying.

Yeah, those are the ones. They're not actually nobles :ssh: I will probably turn them off next time I restart because right now they're just a "do you have an army" check, there's still plenty of battling to do via invading on the world map.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 17, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Double posting because the last post was getting long and messy and was full of edits, so I'm separating this stuff into a new post. I spent some time digging through the game files to get some exact stats on things - this is just a ton of text so it's hard to present neatly, I'll break different sections into quotes:

1) Racial stats/preferences
2) Daily worker yields from extraction buildings
3) Random facts I felt worth noting about all other room types (this includes what I think is the daily production input/output per worker for industry buildings)
4) What work types are fulfilling
5) Then down at the bottom of the post a couple unimportant things that I thought were interesting

If anyone wants to compile this info or anything from any of my posts into a google doc or a comprehensive guide, please do! I'm just word vomiting my observations in all these posts

quote:

Races

Cretonian
Lifespan: 75 years
Hate cold climates
Citizen rank Cretonians enjoy having slaves, other ranks don't care

Food Preference
Fruit, Vegetable, Bread, Egg

Structures
Like round (non-square) buildings
100% preference for wood buildings
50% preference for stone/grand stone buildings
0% preference for rooms dug into mountains

Work
Preferred: Farming (any), canteen, eatery, tavern
Production Bonuses:
Farms (40%)
Pastures (20%)
Fishing (20%)

Dondorians
Lifespan: 200 years
Likes cold climates
Hate hot climates
Tolerant temperate climates
10% offense/defense bonus
Citizen and Slave rank Dondorians hate slavery (citizens in particular, slaves are resistant to it). Nobles like having slaves.

Food Preference
Meat, fish, mushroom

Structures
Like square buildings
100% preference for rooms dug into mountains
70% preference for grand stone
50% preference for stone
Wood is unlisted (not sure if this is the same as 0% or not)

Work
Preferred: Masonry, Papermaker, Carpenter, Toolmaker, Weaponsmith, Tavern, Jeweller
Production Bonuses:
Mining (80%)
Refining (50%)
Workshop (the tab with masonry/papermaker/carpenter/etc) (40%)
Farming (-10%)
Toolmaker (20% - in addition to the Workshop bonus)
Weaponmaker (20%)
Jeweller (20%)
Mushroom Farm (20% - I'm guessing this equates to +10% overall for mushroom farms)

Human
Lifespan: 85 years
Tolerant of hot/cold climates
Prefers temperate climate
Don't seem to care about slavery one way or another

They're roughly twice as "intelligent" as other races, which I think affects libraries and admins in some way (increased capacity maybe?), not sure

Food Preference
Bread, fish, mushroom, egg

Structures
70% preference for grand stone
50% preference for wood, stone
30% preference for mountains
No preferences about round/square

Work:
Preferred: Library, Admin
Production Bonuses:
Farm (20%)
Library (50% - separate from any effect Intelligence has)
Admin (50% - separate from Intelligence)

Cantor
Lifespan: 800 years
Prefers cold climate
Slightly tolerant of temperate climate
Hates hot climate
have 50% natural armor and the same intelligence bonus as Humans
Cantor of all ranks looooove having slaves.

There's a section titled "Stats" that lists Cantor having bonuses to "ACCESS_AWE" and "SOLDIERS" - I think this means they have increased happiness demand for awe and soldiers, but it might be that they make good soldiers and generate awe?

Food Preference
Meat, Fish, Eggs

Structures
100% preference for grand stone
50% preference for stone
20% preference for mountain
Wood is unlisted (not sure if different from 0%)
No round/square preference

Work
Prefers: Weapon Smith
Production Bonuses:
Weapon Smith (+200%)

Garthimi
Lifespan: 100
Like hot climates
Tolerant of temperate climates
Don't like cold climates
20% of their damage pierces armor
30% natural armor

They have particularly low intelligence (10% of a human's) and seem to not care about being enslaved.

Food Preferences:
Meat, Fish

Structures
100% preference for mountain
100% preference for stone
20% preference for grand stone
20% preference for wood
Don't care about round/square

Work
Prefers: None

Production Bonuses: None :v: But they do have -10% to workshops and farms!

TLDR: No matter what you do, some races are just going to be unhappy if they live in your city.

in a perfect world you want all the races:

Humans for admin/library work
Cretonians for farms and food buildings
Dondorians for workshop buildings and soldiers
A few cantors for weapon smithies
(Enslaved or not) garthimi as soldiers

Other work types not listed here (e.g. Refining) don't have any races that favor or dislike them or get any bonuses from them.

Ideally you want all of your Dondorian-staffed workshops to be dug into the side of mountains

If you're focusing on only one or a few races, check out their preferred foods because you do not at all need all food types, and eating non-preferred foods doesn't give food preference happiness - this is a big part of what went wrong with my city I think, I was keeping a lot of EVERY kind of food, but I only had Humans so I should have limited it to bread, fish, mushrooms, and eggs

quote:

daily worker yields (before any bonuses) for extraction buildings:

Claypit: 3/day
Coal Mine: 2/day
Gem mine: 0.2/day
Ore mine: 1/day
Sithilon Mine: 0.1/day
Stone Pit: 0.5/day

quote:

Various Room facts (including daily yields for industry buildings and relative farm growth rates)
Admin - 8 admin points per worker
Library - 100 knowledge per worker

(I think these are the per-worker daily use and yield, just a guess though)
Carpenter - 3 wood = 1 furniture
Mason - 3 stone = 1.5 cut stone
Papermaker - 1 wood = 1 paper
Potter - 4 clay = 2 pottery
Tailor - 2 fabric = 2 clothes
Leatherworker - 1 leather = 1.5 clothes
Toolmaker - 1 coal + 1 metal = 1 tool
Weaponmaker - 0.5 metal + 0.5 coal = 0.5 battlegear
Rationmaker - 2 rations = 4 meat OR 5 bread OR 5 egg OR 6 fruit OR 6 vegetable
Bakery - 10 grain + 2 coal = 10 bread
Fruit Brewery - 5 fruit + 1.5 pottery + 1.5 coal = 5 drink (I don't think I've ever actually seen this building?)
Grain Brewery - 4 grain + 1.5 pottery + 1.5 coal = 4 drink
Coalmaker - 8 wood = 4 coal
Smelter - 3 coal + 3 ore = 3 metal
Weaver - 4 cotton = 4 fabric

Chambers - nobles only, 4x bonus
Dorms - 1.5x bonus for citizens, 2.5x bonus for slaves, no nobles
Flats - 2.5x bonus for citizens, 1x bonus for nobles, no slaves

Graveyard vs Tomb - the graveyard is only slightly worse as far as happiness goes (1.5x vs 2x for citizens, 2.5x vs 3x for nobles)

Woodcutter - 4x wood

Canteen - 2.5x bonus for citizens, 2x bonus for nobles, uses 0.2 coal (per day per worker I imagine). No bonus for slaves.
Eatery - 1.5x bonus for citizens, 2.5x bonus for slaves, -50% penalty for nobles
Tavern - 2x bonus for citizens, 1x bonus for nobles. No bonus for slaves.

Bathhouse vs Well - bathhouse is slightly preferred over well by citizens but not by a ton. Nobles will not use wells. Slaves will not use bathhouses.

Relative growth speeds for farms:
Grain - 1
Fruit - 0.5
Vegetable - 0.45
Cotton - 0.35
Mushroom - 0.3
Opiates - 0.1

quote:

What work types are fulfilling (before taking racial preferences into account) - anything not listed has a baseline 0% fulfillment
100% fulfillment:
Court
Guardpost
Hunter
Admin
Library
Carpenter
Jewelry
Mason
Papermaker
Potter
Tailor
Leather Tailor
Toolmaker
Weaponmaker
Rationmaker

50% fulfillment:
Prison

20% fulfillment:
Bakery
Brewery
Coalmaker
Pasture
Chamber

Misc. other things
I think this means trade costs scale with distance from trade partner: TRADE_COST_PER_TILE: 0.05,

This is in the settings file that controls how time operates which maybe hints at future development (or maybe it's already a thing, I haven't gone past 250 years as far as I know)
YEARS_PER_AGE: 250,
AGES: 5,

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 17, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've never used slaves either but do you have guardposts and stuff? I'd imagine that even if slaves are complacent they don't want to be slaves, but running away is against the law.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Click the Citizens tab in the top left menu on the city screen (the one that shows population + happiness), then click the "Equipment" tab on that screen and you can set how many clothes they'll grab (up to 5)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Great post. There are two ways that you can increase carrying capacity - There's a research (costing 200/400/600/800/1000) that increases the carry count of "deliverymen" and "out warehouse workers" by +1 each time you research it, and there's an Admin Policy (Infrastructure) that increases it for the entire region by 10% each rank. I'm guessing that the admin policy is more geared toward increasing it for import/exports, where the research is for increasing it for your in-city deliverypeople.

Does anyone know what the base carrying capacity is? I feel like I saw the number 3 somewhere for it, but I know that warehouse workers/haulers can regularly carry ~15 of an item at a time.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, that doesn't sound worth going out of your way for. I've been prioritizing that as my first research but something like furniture production is probably better (for more exports).

I'm experimenting with some different layouts and pathing ideas and I don't have any "best practices" to share yet but some observations:

To min/max your happiness gain from things like Access, you'll need to really think about your pathways through your city. Any time spent outside of road tiles, for example, is a loss of Road Access, but if you just pave everything with road tiles you need an absurd amount of janitors to keep up with the maintenance. At the end of the day it's probably better to either build your buildings very precisely to take up all non-road space, or use fences to corral your pop onto the roads so they don't take shortcuts through random little grass alleyway tiles.

There are a lot of ways you can lay a city like this out but I'm going to try creating a central services/housing area surrounded by a sizable plaza (~7 tiles wide on each side maybe). That plaza would then be surrounded by industries, fences, lavatories, etc - to keep everyone mostly walled into the plaza (unless they're leaving for a far away farming/extracting job). 7 tiles is enough space that I can build several monuments/torches around to not only cover the plaza in awe but to leak into the buildings a little as well.

I tried something similar out for my import area - it's a large plaza that has several import depots, and it's ringed with small warehouses that each only store one specific item:

This actually works really well, since all of the imports get dropped right next to the warehouses I can get by with 1-2 employees in each warehouse, and each warehouse is set to ~10% radius to make sure that its employees are only going out to pick up imports. Then any other warehouse can be built and set to fetch to have them restock from these central warehouses, or I could just drop a few haulers to bring an industry whatever resources it needs.

(Bigger warehouses with multiple goods is probably more efficient but I like being able to glance at them as a visual indicator of my level of imports)

At the end of the day though I very much appreciate the way that min/maxing to such a granular level is not necessary in this game because the sheer volume of producers of a resource or pops or whatever means it's pretty much impossible to worry about them, and it's not necessary anyway.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 18, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Alright here's my latest attempt:

Central storage/services, extraction to the south and east, industry to the southwest and northwest, and then agriculture up top, I'm at 5k population right now and am almost completely free of imports.

The major roadblock I was facing was Jewelry, which is absurdly slow to produce. There are no Jewelry-specific production researches so the most you can do for it is get the Workshop research bonus which caps at +55% (Compared to e.g. Tool Forging which caps at 430% to Tool Forging and gets the +55% workshop bonus (It might even stack multiplicatively?), on top of Jewelry crafting slowly this means my Jewelers produce less than 10% of what other industry buildings produce, and that requires importing a large amount of gems since it's just not feasible to tax or mine enough to produce all the Jewelry you need.

I have a 50% happiness bonus from my King rank right now plus however much from research so I tried dropping everyone down to just 1x Jewelry (as opposed to 3x before) and even that was not nearly enough to keep up, I'd still need dozens of jewelers just to break even on jewelry.

So gently caress it, I dropped everyone down to 0 jewelry and saw no noticeable hit to overall happiness. Turns out you don't need everything maxed out to hit 100% happiness.

Now I just need enough rationmakers to keep up with my armies (or I could just disband my armies since I have raids turned off... but I kind of want to capture enemy empires).

I could probably even get rid of my mines with how much I'm taxing from all of my regions now.

Also prices got really weird in this save. Sithilon ore is around 500g each, Opiates have tanked to 30. Cotton is worth 70 and meat is around 400 :confused: I'm getting rich off of cotton/cloth/meat this time.

Side note: Is anyone else having a really hard time keeping Canteens below 100% load? I spam them everywhere and it still happens. Putting Eateries near them seems to help but the canteens still hover at like 98%+

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 21, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That's probably the best way to do it. Citizens get a 2.5x happiness boost from Canteens and 1.5x from Eateries, in the grand context of all of the things that contribute to happiness that's basically nothing. You could reserve canteens for just nobles (who get a happiness penalty from eateries) but you also never have more than ~12 nobles so :shrug:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If anyone wants to be a dirty cheater, you can easily mod the amount of resources per map:

It has some unintended cheaty effects/downsides though:
1) This tanks the trade prices for all extractable materials - the AI empires also get way more and so there's an oversupply

and 2) It also increases the amount that all regions get of these materials which means you can tax an absurd amount that you'll never actually use.

But if you want to be completely self-sufficient with no taxing/trading, this may be kind of necessary.

The files to edit are in:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Songs of Syx\res\data\assets\init\resource\minable

There's a plain text file for each individual resource and in each one you can set the terrain ratios to make that resource more common in certain terrains.

e.g. for clay in that screenshot I have:

TERRAIN: {
WET: 0.8,
NONE: 0.5,
MOUNTAIN: 0.8,
},

You can also set city map terrain generation rules in:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Songs of Syx\res\data\assets\init\config\GenerationSettlement.txt

To raise the "MINERALS_AMOUNT" (I have it set to 0.7 in the screenshot above) as well as things like controlling what percentage of the map is mountain, or how many forageables there are

e: vvv If you meant the Dev Tools interface, you can place resources on your map using it but I don't think you can affect the generation rate of them. If there's some other tool I'm not aware of I wanna see it!!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 23, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The game won't let you completely block your throne off from the edges of the map, and that's what sieges are going for. You can buy mercenaries or raise a regional army on the world map, or pay the raiders off, or train a local garrison. I just turn them off though, they're not a very interesting adversary currently. Use that regional army to conquer your neighbors instead!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Pro tip that I just learned:

In order to receive taxed goods, you need an import depot set to receive that type of item. Just set the Import level to "Below 0%" if you don't want to buy any

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

When I first started taxing things I was importing basically everything anyway so the taxes still showed up on my production amounts. It wasn't until after I stopped trying to rely on trade that I suddenly was getting nothing :doh: edit: Lmao you were right about gem imports

zedprime posted:

A campaign map only army is probably the way to go especially once you have a good supply chain going and especially because you can levy any races in your provinces so you can get dondorian and bug troops. But I really like the ebb and flow of drafting your army from the capital and returning when you're done. The only thing I can't tell if I love to hate or hate to love is everyone comes back as an immigrant when it comes to service satisfaction, tanking your happiness with all the associated crime and immigrant reluctance. I can't tell if this is thematically on point because they are just coming home and tearing poo poo up in a victory party or just really annoying.

I'm eager to see what happens with the entire army/battle system as the game develops because yeah, even though things like manually playing battles or raising a local garrison are sort of pointless currently, they're still somehow fun. Aggressive AI empires (and diplomacy), map movement speed based on army size (so small bands of raiders could evade your big world map armies and make you need garrisons), raiders being independent entities instead of a thing that spawns solely to walk at your city and attack, multiple unit types and non-army-scale threats appearing on the city map to encourage a garrison would all go a long way

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 30, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here's a Canteen that has been able to provide service to 50% of a 523-person city by itself

I separated the cooking and eating areas into different rooms in the same structure which let me cram way more cooking areas in. This also sits right at the entrance to my mountain base and the roads/paths going north out of it are the main entrance my civs use to get into the base, so everyone's regularly passing through it when they go out to farm, haul imports, etc.

I think just having the 2 giant separate areas for cooking and eating made the difference though, and it takes a ton of employees to run.

It's nice digging a base into a mountain because it's super easy to control the roads/paths and layout. I'm just digging a bunch of mostly 10x16 rooms for easy copy/pasting. Just remember to dig little alcoves for your janitors/guards!

I've seen everything the game has to offer in its current state at this point, it's still pretty fun to just slap cities together and watch them grow but there's not much left. I can't wait for all the future development, the roadmap shows a lot of plans for adding new services types (like schools, health/sanitation, diseases, riots and riot control...) which is what this game needs most. The city builder part is fun enough to stand on its own it just needs more to do and some challenges (like diseases and riots)

edit: It really needs either a food warehouse right next to it or some food haulers. I'm up to 671 pop, I dug 2 6x2 pantries in the side of the cooking room and added haulers for meat, fish, mushrooms and coal like shown here. Now this canteen is covering 66% of my 671 population and never actually runs out of services

I have a feeling the little hauler pantries will be a big boost to taverns as well

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Looking forward to trying out the new update. The last two were fairly meaty additions to "things to do in your city" including giant temples to 3 different gods, nurseries/hatcheries to organically grow population, colosseums, arenas and slave gladiators, and pops rioting if they're unhappy.

From an earlier post by the dev, here's what's new in the beta branch:

quote:

What is on offer?

You guys primarily wanted ranged combat, and I added that, and cracked opened the fundamentals of the battle mechanics and re-did them.

Now we have catapults and archers and troops on walls, gatehouses.
We have an AI that's semi-smart.
We have complex and true to life morale and combat mechanics. Configure your own troops in almost infinite ways.
We have increased modding support for battle-related stuff. Someone wants to add javelins, slings, scorpions, WW1 machine guns, no problem.
Big performance gains. New pathfinder that's better and smoother and faster.

If it works out well it sounds like this could be a big step toward it feeling like a more "complete" game outside of the city building parts, there may finally be a reason to play battles manually!

He also said he's unhappy that it took him 3 months between updates this time but he just had a kid irl

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 7, 2022