Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Another useful but not very well documented feature: there's a button by the minimap that toggles different data overlays. The one for deposits is nice when tunneling out mountains for mines/quarries, and the traffic one is good for figuring out where to place facilities and torches to maximize bang-for-buck in terms of access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

They seem to serve about the same number of citizens regardless of size but larger ones let you stuff more workers in to keep them stocked; I've managed to get 60% access with two large ones (19x19, I think about 40 workers each) in a 1200 pop game. I also have them directly adjacent to large warehouses that just hold the items the eatery has enabled.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

Do canals actually work? I'm not seeing any change in the overall fertility rating of a farm I dug one next to, nor seeing anything happen on the fertility overlay as I dig one.

Farms have an "irrigation" factor which supposedly adds to the productivity. For an 8x8 farm, four tiles of canal (or any fresh water access) is enough to get it to 100%.