Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Iirc, it gives you the combat warning but even if you do get attacked, they try to take supplies and its not particularly punishing if you can't fight them off. It takes a bit of planning to put together the resources needed to make a military.

If its your first game that you are getting off the ground, I would just keep playing normally and developing your town without worrying about it that much. You will most likely hit a point where your town blows up for some other reason anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Yeah that was my experience as well, farming is not the baseline solution. It is in a lot of games like this. My last and most successful colony. My primary concern was getting a site with lots of metal, so ended up doing something on the edge of the mountains. You can make do with a lot of other stuff, but not having a decent source of metal is pretty crippling

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
He makes YouTube videos