Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I tend to keep dorms in place near my farmland and fisheries and for little far flung mini-mining towns depending on map generation, as well as for my professional military. Otherwise my urban core of flat houses powers my main industry and services to keep everything afloat. Really ought to get back into it now there's a new update, love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm still impressed by the scale of this game too, I'm nearing 4k pop and literally just dug up and moved an entire river because I wanted to build where it was :wth: It seems like the further you go on, the more you'll start disassembling all of your industry/agriculture in your capital city to focus the land on administrators, making weapons/battlegear, supplying armies, etc. while relying on food and building materials from all of your satellite regions. It's not a particularly "meaty" system yet but it's new and interesting for sure.

It really does a great job of creating organic growth and total restructuring of your city, this is the best early Rome sim. There are a lot of traps at the moments that make trade kinda far too essential even though the systems for that are way too basic at the moment, but yeah, the way the game changes as you hit ridiculous pop numbers is great.