Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I am enjoying this strange game so far, but it seems many guides or beginner tips I found are somewhat outdated.

I'm still in the early stages at the moment and have started gaining knowledge - are some technologies recommended more than others? Recommendations published in the past seem to mention technologies that no longer seem to be in the tech-tree (bartering?) or are already unlocked early on.

What is the ideal ratio of food production relative to population? As one would expect, food production seems to vary throughout the year, and so far I haven't had a problem with hunger, but I'm a bit worried because I'm often in the red and people complain that I'm running low on supplies.

Edit: another question - is woodcutter worth it in early game?

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 31, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

I cannot get this thing to do borderless full-screen for the life of me. What is the magic incantation? Waiting for my monitor to switch modes when I tab out is very annoying.

there is a borderless (and also windowed) option in the launcher and you have to set the scale to 100% (of monitor resolution)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

V66 sneak peek

oh and also -20% sale on Steam and GOG (GOG is somehow cheaper)

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 17, 2024

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Kris xK posted:

Sseth just did a video on it too so hopefully the dev gets a nice cash influx

game is also among steam top sellers

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

v66 beta released

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 22, 2024