Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i adore songs of syx; but i gotta say, based on how much pride and effort the dev has put into its’ slavery and racism mechanics, that he might not consider that sort of attention unwelcome

just pulling from his most recent update…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wouldn’t really have the same trashy barbarian genre vibe without all that stuff

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

CuddleCryptid posted:

Game good but I can't quite grasp the speed of the game. The focus on the seasons makes it seem like they should be around for a while but every season is like four days so it's gone before you know it. You seen to frequently have too much or too little labor, and I have no idea how large I need to build all the work huts. It feels like you're working on city scale when your "city" is three guys in a jack shack chasing after wild animals.

It's just new game clunk until I start to understand the scale but it's a bit much.

you’re probably trying to build too big, too quickly. it’s really tempting to start plopping down a whole city with giant, monolithic production centers right out the gate—but, that can get you in a bad spot real quick

instead, start off treating it more like a survival game. make things really good for just a few people, then build up on that to make it good for just a few more people. trickle in new citizens one by one instead of using autopop until you’re really good at the game

stick with individual rooms for production. they can be part of bigger planned factories, but don’t make your entire factory one giant room. plan all of your layouts around happiness and keep your people’s commutes as short as possible

don’t overlook logistics. think about how long it takes items to go to and from warehouses. design your city on a logistics first basis right off the bat or that’s going to turn into a huge problem to solve all at once later

stay away from trade until you’re able to build a smallish-medium sized self sufficient city that’s not constantly on the verge of collapse. it can be helpful for accelerating your city’s development, but it can be just as much of a trap if you don’t have a handle on all of the mechanics

also, don’t be afraid to bulldoze stuff. small populations and big populations have very different needs. develop your city accordingly and listen to your citizens

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

all humans are criminals