Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Some of the production feels as though it could use a bit of a tweak. I have like 30+ grain and fruit distilleries going, along with all but 1 of the drinks research unlocked, and yet my stockpile is nearly always completely empty. It would be nice their base production speed was a bit faster or they made a bit more of a thing with also a slight increase in resources needed.

I also think some of the service/food buildings could hold more people. All the beds/tables/toliets and what not only hold 1 person at a time. Now thats fine when you're at like rimworld levels of population but you quickly and massively blow way past that.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Popete posted:

Yeah agreed, it's difficult to really dial bread/drink production. Farms don't seem to keep up with my needs for fruit/vegetables as well so I'm often importing them.

That's one tip I have for new players, get some production going for furniture/pottery and export that so you have some money to import food if you're finding your production isn't keeping up.

I've just been having to build massive farms everywhere just to keep my people with a couple days of food while hoping thats enough for the next harvest.

Big old screenshot

Its hard to see because imgur wont let me upload the one I took during the day time because its somehow 3mb bigger. But there at my main base along the river I have a bunch of massive grain, fruit, and vegetable farms, and in the SE corner even more fruit, and vegetable farms and I'm still only running at 2-3 day surplus. My 2 massive grain farms bring in about 4.5k grain a harvest. Despite that though my bakeries(30 of them) barely manage to make enough bread, and you cant eat the grain.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 8, 2021

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Some of the menus and tool tips could use a little work, especially in regards to getting the races happiness levels up.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I just cant figure out how to keep a positive population number. It will dip to like negative 100-200 for awhile then suddenly everyone wants to join me again. I have plenty of food, again I think its the population menu being a pain to read.

Like this.

It says my wells, canteen, and hearth spots are low, but where are they low? Where do they want me to build them to increase their happiness?

I think its just the game doing it on purpose which is kind of annoying

Also randomly clicked on this guy to look at what needs were fulfilled, and that is quite the name

EDIT: A good tip for beginners. When you start your village look around the map. I'd say that for natural resource extraction the order of importance is Coal - Ore - Clay - Stone, gems and Sithilon ore are nice to have but not important. If you are missing a large extraction patch of more than 1 of those 4 resources I'd say quit the map and try again. You will never be able to trade enough to keep in supply. I'm missing a good coal, ore, and clay deposit on my map and its hell. I cant get enough trees to keep my coal production up to a level where I'm not constantly out of it.

Also its expensive but try kick starting your livestock early by importing. They make a pretty good source of trade revenue once you get a few large pastures up and running.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 9, 2021

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Popete posted:

It only just occured to me that you can dig irrigation canals to improve farm yield, not sure why I didn't think of that before.

You can even make fish ponds that way.