Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
In the 1930s, paranormal investigators are recruited to a clandestine government agency devoted to acquiring supernatural and eldritch artifacts in a world-spanning arms race between Nazi Germany, the USSR, and the USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Books on City Bylaws are basically the Necronomicon in terms of the human lives they destroy on a daily basis

Intriguing!... Tell me more.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

In my setting Cities are basically dark hellish nexuses, each governed by a powerful entity known as The City Fathers(think Prince in vampire, its not gendered) that feed off the general ennui, frustration from bureaucrats, irritation at your neighbors and horror that comes from living in a city. It comes to them not unlike Garmanbozia from Twin Peaks. Most of the city fathers are quite insane by any standard, but they were humans once. By-Law officers are given rulebooks which people claim is 'like a spellbook' but really they are the key to changing reality within certain limits. - think a HOA leader with the teeniest tiniest penis and near dictatorial power over their cul-de-sac. These cities are massive for the 'normal' tech level, which is a myriad of generic medieval civilizations dotted around the world map, each awed and wondering about the massive walled megacities nobody goes into or leaves.

This started as a satire of lolbert hyperbole about oppressive bylaws and I had players getting thrown into stocks for not having adventuring licenses etc and its turned into people being flayed alive for not having their shed painted green like it says in the bylaws I just changed. All laws are enforced by obsidian orbs replacing your eyes monsters that turn into cropws when not needed. Just a seemingly endless sprawl of cobblestones, houses, shops, neighborhoods. bodies stacked in every corner. the city burns from riots one night and everyone just picks up their poo poo morning and goes "at least i dont have to lick a king's boots" and rebuilds. People in Great Cities are so alien to people on thr outside they may as well be from a different galaxy.

Then theres the great city thats just a dreamworld. And the one made of trees that only grow from living humans. or the ant hive one. etc etc etc.

This is like Terry Gilliam's Brazil but as fantasy. I love it!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In an isolated valley in the Forgotten Realms, there is a mysterious petrified giant, taller than the tallest mountains, whose vast stone corpse has become a thriving forested habitat for magical creatures, and is rumored to bestow riches and glory beyond all measure to adventuring parties that manage to summit the peak.