Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ILL SEE YOU IN MIAMI MUCHAHOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kunabomber posted:

Is there a reason why Penta has one eye covered?

its bad rear end

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's been an honor coping through the pandemic with this wacky proto wrestling slurry gentlemen

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

i didnt for a real long time, i stopped watching around 2002 in my teens and then got back into it in 2018 through njpw and late stage nxt, and its my favorite sport in the whole dang world now, i love wrestling so much

Literally same

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

smarxist posted:

it's been an honor coping through the pandemic with this wacky proto wrestling slurry gentlemen

Aye. Darkposting has been some of the most fun I've had in these forums in a long time.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

smarxist posted:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

magiccarpet posted:

Literally same

yeah 100% me too

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

smarxist posted:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Penguin Patrol posted:

yeah 100% me too

Same except I didn't watch wrestling from 2002 until watching DoN 2020 on YouTube

This year has been wild

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Goodnight, Darkposting, and sweet gimme the yodas.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Alan_V_Angels/status/1412565238646444037

bring them on the road Tony

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Need an oral history of Pancemic Dark immediately.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I had been erring towards giving up wrestling all together until I randomly caught an episode of pandemic dark. It was one where Veda Scott was commentating, and tbh I still miss her. AEW Dark is what made me interested in the main show, but because of how I've been watching, I have way more opinions about Max Caster and each individual member of The Dark Order than I do about The Young Bucks or Kenny Omega

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1412596644453961728

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Catching up on Dark, can't loving believe how badly Marvez has screwed up Joey and Sonny's relationship. What an rear end in a top hat :mad:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Catching up on Dark, can't loving believe how badly Marvez has screwed up Joey and Sonny's relationship. What an rear end in a top hat :mad:

dragging joey away from his best friend to go stare at melons, bazongas, milkers, and so forth, smdh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
and like that, it's over :(

pandemic dark will always be very special to me. i'm going to miss it very, very much

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FUEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

1) Lance Archer vs Ryan Mantell. Mantell would be a big guy by most people's standards but Archer chucks him around like a baby. God, I want Archer to have more to do. wouldn't mind seeing Mantell do more than sell one of these times.

2) Terence and Terrell Hughes vs QT Marshall and Aaron Solow. T&T have impressed me before now, so I'm hoping for good things here. Couple of spicy double team moves from the Hughes boys. I'd really like to see Solow have more to do than be a weaselly heel. He's very skilled and doesn't get the chance to show it. Twin magic! We get twin magic in this match! Decent match, good bullying from the Factory. Kind of hoping the South Beach Strap Match is the last we see of QT for a bit.

The Waiting Room. Joey and Sonny as guests. Wow, Joey is really trending heel now. Joey just fustrated. Sonny has had too much. Sonny is so much better than him. Joey always stands like he's holding in a poop. I love Joey losing the crowd. Sad boy summer. Britt encouraging Joey to beat up Sonny was awesome. And we end with heart eyes motherfucker. Oh, but Joey looks at the camera. You weird weasel.

3) Abadon vs Natalia Markova. Abadon does her thing. Not much to say about it but it was fine.

4) Matt Sydal vs Carlie Bravo. Bravo has been a standout of the newest Nightmare Factory kids. He's got a lot of decent ground game and he and Sydal match pretty well. Short match but a good one.

5) The Blade vs Tre Lamar. Tre is a real shining light of an opponent. Seen him doing some insane stuff on the indies and looking forward to what he might do here. Lamar gets some fun offense here and has a hell of a lot of heart. That backwards somersault kick was beautiful. Mark of him as an opponent that Blade has to use brass knuckles to bring him down. Fun match.

6) Bear Bronson vs Big Trouble Bishop. Big Trouble Bishop, everyone. Sizeable lad here. He's clearly working heel here. Bishop has the build and some of the skills, but he doesn't know what to do with his size. Bronson knows what to do with Bishop's size, though. Lots of fun power spots here. Looking forward for Bear to be back in ring shape, but Bronson has been a pretty good lower card bruiser in the meantime. One of the things I like about AEW is that if you're half of a tag team and your partner gets injured you don't get sidelined.

7) Baron Black and Ryzin vs the Sammy Vlog Crew. Black and Ryzin get Already In The Ringed. This is a fun match for a bunch of guys towards the bottom of the list. All of them can work, most of them are funny, so we get some really nice spots. Some super fun tag spots. And then. THEN. MOTHERFUCKING THEN. FUEGO GETS THE PIN! God, this was so much fun. And I love the curtain call post match. Dustin is out with the rest of them to celebrate.

8) Kris Statlander vs Viva Van. Cartwheelathon goes on here. Viva Van seems competent but doesn't have the chance to do very much against Kris Stat, who uses this as an opportunity to showcase her power moves, as well she should.

9) Chad Lennex and Zachariah vs Varsity Blonds. OK, so these are the Rhodes Academy kids again. Zachariah is pretty good, Lennex is a bit bland. They pair with the Blonds well.

10) Angelico vs Prince Kai. Nice to see someone try and match Angelico with holds. Kai has some skills. Ultimately this comes together into a nice little match. And then AFTER the match...

11) Hollywood Honk vs Wheeler YUTA. There's... SOMETHING that passes between Wheeler Yuta and Angelico on the way out. I'd be really interested to see what this is. Yuta is an excellent wrestler and a strong prospect. Let's see what he does against a legit honk. Love the Wingmen doing Nemeth's hair in breaks in the action. Yuta does some fun rope stuff including a lovely diving armdrag. Honks try to do his hair on the floor. And then.... Yuta WINS? gently caress, yeah, that's great. And hopefully a sign that Yuta gets to come back.

12) Hunter Knott and Rosario Grillo vs Shawn Spears and Wardlow. The Hunter Knott with Rosario Grillo is the special at the Italian bistro in town. They have matching gear with a matching logo. TFF? Man, Spears is pissed off about something, he is just dismantling Buca di Beppo in the corner. Spears has absolutely found his niche as the heater in a scumbag faction.

13) KiLynn King vs Tay Conti. It feels like a bunch of the Jacksonville Dark crew are getting bigger matches as a sendoff tonight. Really nice fast match here. King breaks out some interesting stuff that she's clearly been working on, Conti really lays in the strikes and the holds. King is doing a good job of working a power style and getting distance rather than trying to go hold for hold or strike for strike with Conti. Conti is trying to close the gap. It should be observed how much better King is now from when she debuted. Conti with a look of joy on her face just doing running boot after running boot to King's face. And I LOVED the wild apron spot from King. This is good as hell. And then an out of nowhere hammerlock DDT for Tay's victory. King went out looking at the lights, but she went out as a winner.

14) Reynolds, 5, 10, and Colt vs... I missed the names of the jobbers apart from Dean Alexander. Fun 8 man but basically a dismantling of the enhancement guys.

15) Jack Evans vs Mike Sydal. Flippy vs Flippy, should be fun. Start off with a lot of traded holds. Mike doesn't know jack apparently. Maybe they'll all play Quiplash later. I have to say, for a guy who was kind of always an also-ran and mostly known for his brother, Mike Sydal has really upped his game since debuting in Dynamite. Is he going to be headlining anything any time soon? Probably not! Will his matches be fun? Absolutely! Hard fought and deserved win for Evans.

16) Red Velvet vs Ashley Vox. Red Velvet needs new intro graphics, her current one looks like she's on That's JPW. Vox deserves a very serious look. Not the longest match, but both women looked athletic and it was well performed on both sides.

17) Chaos Project vs Penta and Eddie. Hate it when they put squashes in the main event. OK, show me Luther and Serpentico demolish these scrubs, then. Alex Abrahantes has absurd drip that gets better and worse every week. The fit is not good, but he really rocks the attitude. Hey, remember like 18 months ago when everyone thought Luther absolutely sucked? Honestly one of the biggest and best turnarounds in AEW was the transition from "Luther is a weird washed scrub who was hired as a favour to Jericho" to "Luther owns, actually, give him and his tag partner all the tag title matches they ask for". It's weird, until I saw that Penta was about to start beating the poo poo out of Serpentico I wasn't actually aware that it was the thing in this world I wanted to see most. I loved this stupid match.

Farewell, Pandemic Dark. You were too beautiful for this stupid world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was thinking it was weird to have no payoff to the Hardy/Johl thing unless they're bringing him on the road, but he's tweeting about being at Dynamite tonight so maybe they're actually doing something with him.