Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

ZincBoy posted:

What I found when I was looking for enclosed trailers was all of the used ones were beaten to death or were priced close to new. Sometimes both.

The big things to look at were the tires/bearings/brakes. On the trailer I ended up buying, the brakes were not working at all and the tires were at the wear bars. I ended up replacing the entire brake mechanism as they were worn out. On all 6 wheels. Don't buy a triple axle trailer unless you like replacing tires.

Also, if it is an enclosed trailer, go inside during the day, close it up and turn off any internal lights. This will let you see pinholes or other issues with the roof.

Bring a hose and soak the roof too. Especially around any penetration (vents, skylights, windows, etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
They added that awful window. It leaks. It's new enough that there's probably no permanent damage. You could remove it and install it correctly or replace it with a black framed window at the very least.

The V-nose design is nicer than flat front IMHO.

$6500 seems steep to me for that brand.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 9, 2021