Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's time for another IK contest! Sorry we started a week into July. We'll let this IK go into August or something. Here are the rules:

For this round, at the end of the day, I will use random.org to help me generate a Dragon Quest 3 party from the original classes (no sages or thieves). A DQ3 party consists of one hero and then three companions who can be from any of the six classes (and you CAN double or triple up). No blank spots for this contest; the hero will need all the help they can get. That gives us a total of about 56 possible combinations. I'll pick the party that I think is the closest to what random.org decides. If you don't seem to post in the Imp Zone, I just won't consider your entry.

Your party should look something like:

Hero, Soldier, Pilgrim, Wizard

Feel free to just post your list or to take a screenshot.

But beware!! While one or more merchants/dealers may be in the winning party, there is a possibility your merchant may be jailed by the residents of New Town! One person who selects a merchant for their party will receive a six hour probation.

Happy questing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Okay, 12 hours is probably enough.

My party, after rolling, was:

Hero (free square)

Fighter
I've never played with one of these, might have to try when the remake comes out.

Goof-off
I tried this once because you can upgrade them to Sage without the book but I lost my save file.

and..........

Goof-off again!

Congratulations to Symbolic. I'll reach out to the admins to give you some buttons.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Hero, merchant, merchant, merchant

This was a bold move but it gave you roughly a 60 percent change of being the target for the rowdy villagers of New Town. Fortune doth not smile upon thee, for thou art the loser.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It should take effect sometime tomorrow. We'll let Symbolic keep on until August 9th and still try to do another IK contest at the actual beginning of August I think. No reason we can't have 4 IKs for awhile, until somebody tells me otherwise. I think it's fun to hand people the buttons for awhile.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

*so quietly that no one in this thread can hear it* it should have been a ff1 party

that's 126 possible combinations so it would have been much less likely for someone to guess.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

Congratulations, symbolic! Your buttons are all set up now. :)

thank you! :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think chuck is going to run this sometime this week - sorry i haven't been posting lately. the short version is that i've been in charge of my office's return to in-person work and my wife and i unexpectedly had to move on august 1st. i haven't had a second to myself in like three weeks. i didn't go into a coma this time, i promise, just got insanely busy.

the good news is i'm going to go from having a ton of work and doing nothing at home but unpacking to playing final fantasy in my closed door office and going home to yakuza 5. i'll be back in earnest next week sometime.