Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ok posted:

AEW Dynamite, it's the best show on TV

yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

yea ok posted:

Many are saying it

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

We get to hear from Hangman next week, big yee haw.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That last match was so good I almost forgot how much I enjoyed Dan Lambert's in-ring rant ending with Lance Archer OBLITERATING him while Masvidal and Nunes laughed their asses off :allears:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
death match spots hurt my soul because i'm a little baby

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Callis constantly mocking the others about how in a Street Fight anything goes, only to go,"Oh things are going too far!" when Eddie pulled out the thumbtacks was :kiss:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

yea ok posted:

Your god drat right.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

boxcarhobo posted:

they previously in the show got beaten up by the elite until hangman came out and scared them all off

Yeah, I know that happened earlier. It's just mixed booking when during the HFO fued they were backing each other up left and right, and now they're just kinda involved with the Elite but only in regards to Kenny/Hangman.

Also, I'm being super nitpicky here. I know the Elite will get comeuppance (probably at All Out).

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 8, 2021

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

yes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

COWBOY poo poo

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Evil Badman posted:

Yeah, I know that happened earlier. It's just mixed booking when during the HFO fued they were backing each other up left and right, and now they're just kinda involved with the Elite but only in regards to Kenny/Hangman.

Also, I'm being super nitpicky here. I know the Elite will get comeuppance (probably at All Out).

HFO is all about tag teams, why would they help out the Tag Team champs?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what a ridic good episode

Andrade was the goods, Britt killed it, the Hangman / Omega segment was perfect, incredible main, the only "meh" spot was Cody/QT, but it wasn't bad at all

edit: also PnP/Jake vs FTR/Wardlow~! and the intergender match! :psyduck:

that show was loving stacked

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i spent the entire month probe lobbying tony khan for an aleister black / cody fued and dammit i got what i wanted

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I really wonder how the Team Taz thing will go. The obvious thing is them all turning on Cage, but Ricky has also been getting on the team's nerves recently too. I'd kind of love it if Taz just washed his hands of the whole thing and kicks them both out. He's got Hobbs and HOOK, he'll be fine

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

fez_machine posted:

HFO is all about tag teams, why would they help out the Tag Team champs?

No. When Dark Order was feuding with HFO.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

smarxist posted:

what a ridic good episode

Andrade was the goods, Britt killed it, the Hangman / Omega segment was perfect, incredible main, the only "meh" spot was Cody/QT, but it wasn't bad at all

edit: also PnP/Jake vs FTR/Wardlow~! and the intergender match! :psyduck:

that show was loving stacked

I did like during the Cody/QT match they teased the standard strap match finish (i.e. one guy taps the corners while they're unaware they opponent is doing it too), but didn't use that finish

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's fine. they file down the tacks. mark.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The tacks are put in with CGI later, in real life it's a guy in a green suit in the little bag.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pamela Springstein posted:

it's fine. they file down the tacks. mark.

I was fine with it in the Rosa/Britt match so I'm not sure why this is some hot take people are harping on.

I'd just rather it be the "I hate you this loving much spot" than the "welp it's unsanctioned/streetfight time, look for the regularly scheduled tack spot". Especially in a free TV match that doesn't need it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
im just joshiing

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sticklefifer posted:

I was fine with it in the Rosa/Britt match so I'm not sure why this is some hot take people are harping on.

I'd just rather it be the "I hate you this loving much spot" than the "welp it's unsanctioned/streetfight time, look for the regularly scheduled tack spot". Especially in a free TV match that doesn't need it.

Eddie does hate the Bucks that much, to the point where he called the entire locker room cowards for letting them do their Bullet Club poo poo in AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eddie didn't bring the tacks. The good brothers did.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Eh, they barely focused on it. The tacks in the mouth superkick was fun but otherwise it didn't feel like it added anything to an already good match. I just wish they'd save it for something bigger. It's like how Hell in a Cell used to be a rare thing to end a blood feud, now it's just "it's that time again" so it has really diminishing returns for me. YMMV.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I think tacks should be in basically every match. Change the name of the show to All Tacks Wrestling. Save barbed wire for tame midcard feuds

Now let’s talk light tubes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the destroyer through the table was the spot of the night for me, loving beautiful

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

the destroyer through the table was the spot of the night for me, loving beautiful

Gotta be the double flip moonsault for me OP

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

It was awesome and I enjoyed Penta weirdly groping Matt’s head afterward

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Penta's offense always looks brutal. Even just the kicks.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Penta's offense always looks brutal. Even just the kicks.

His kicks sound like gunshots.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Callis constantly mocking the others about how in a Street Fight anything goes, only to go,"Oh things are going too far!" when Eddie pulled out the thumbtacks was :kiss:

Yeah Callis is a loving treasure.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
put down some stuff in the spoilers thread, that's important stuff but extremely spoilery

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
that sure was a loving episode

yowza

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

hooman posted:

Which reminds me, a few weeks back he did that segment with Eddie Kingston where he mentioned how he had to fire Eddie when he was on Impact and how it was a sad example of how Eddie constantly self-sabotages and can't keep a job etc.... then cue this week, he shows up and the crowd is chanting,"YOU GOT FIRED!" (This happened on Impact, right?) and of course he proudly declares,"REAL MEN DON'T QUIT THEY GET FIRED!" :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

hooman posted:

It's funny, I didn't like him at all when I saw some of the TNA weekly PPV #keepthisalive stuff but, man, he's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

e: didn't see the discussion thread, as you were!

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 8, 2021