Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I never posted my pizza recipe but HERE IT IS

I use a stand mixer so YMMV without one
I use a packet of pizza yeast hand mixed with like a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar, 1-1/3 cups of ~90° water. Sit for ten minutes, if it's not foamy your yeast is hosed.
Add 1tbsp of olive oil (this honestly probably impacts the flavor of the pizza the most, get one you like), 3 cups of high gluten flour (I get giant bags from a food service store, and a teaspoon of sugar. Hand mix with the hook until it's ballish, then mix on medium high for 8 minutes. It helps to turn the mixer up slowly, add pinches of flour if the ball starts sticking to the bowl, and stopping and pushing the dough back to the bottom of the bowl if it becomes elongated.
Punch the dough ball down to get some of the larger air voids out, then cut the ball/loaf into four parts with a plastic/ceramic knife. Turn each part into a ball by pushing the middle bottom up with your fingers and rolling the outside down towards the bottom, then roll it into a ball between hands.
I let them rise for an hour on a floured cookie sheet with a terry cloth over top (I also oil the tops of the dough balls with olive oil). I also let them come back to temperature for an hour if I take them out of the fridge

I find the dough handles best by starting by forming the crust first, pushing out rather than down towards the edges. Once the edge is nice and plump, you can stretch from the underside, letting your knuckles pull the pizza around. You shouldn't need to toss it (but you can).
Cornmeal (or semolina) for the peel is a must

Do a flavored crust, you won't regret it (unless you get the pizza stuck to the peel). Margarine melts easier than butter.

And use a pizza stone! They're rad.

TL;DR (I JUST WANTED AMOUNTS YOU WEIRDO)

3 cups high gluten flour
1 packet pizza yeast
1-1/3 cup warm water
1/4tsp sugar
1Tbsp olive oil
Makes four dough balls for 12-13" thin crust pizzas
Cheese is 1:2 mozzarella/muenster
Pizza stone is heated up for an hour at 500°.
Cook time is 4 minutes at 500° and then 3 minutes at 425°

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I always wanna post/read, but I pay too much attention to the show