Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

For 50 seconds I thought there were monsters on the world

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
The "thinking a monster is going to eat you and suddenly realizing you hate your job" really resonated with me

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What have they done to us?

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 13, 2023

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah that's some legit ennui with which I can identify.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
You sure about that?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

They said that to me at a dinner

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

And it really bothered me

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm at a wake right now, wearing nice pants and had to pee. As I'm going, I'm thinking "worse comes to worse, I just have to really sell Calico Cut pants.... but then I'll need to build a site, and fuckin' EVERYBODY'S gotta give...

.... maybe if Corncob TV were here, it'd take the attention away from me should that happen..." :thunk:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm at a wake right now, wearing nice pants and had to pee. As I'm going, I'm thinking "worse comes to worse, I just have to really sell Calico Cut pants.... but then I'll need to build a site, and fuckin' EVERYBODY'S gotta give...

.... maybe if Corncob TV were here, it'd take the attention away from me should that happen..." :thunk:

the calico cut pants site actually does exist

https://getcalicocutpants.com/

but if you use it...

you gotta give

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Weedle posted:

you gotta give

I saw how you said I spent all my money on the Jim Davis house, how I "wasted all my money" on the Garfield house, and how it's all I talk about.. But you know what you didn't say? How it came fully furnished!!

https://www.panoramiceye.com/garfield-set-from-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think my favorite single moment in ITYSL might be when the kids in the driver's ed class suddenly understand in a flash what the entire deal is with the lady in the video and her tables.

Well no, "55 burgers" might still edge it out

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Data Graham posted:

I think my favorite single moment in ITYSL might be when the kids in the driver's ed class suddenly understand in a flash what the entire deal is with the lady in the video and her tables.

every single patti sketch is a banger

I
DON'T
WANT
THAT

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm so MAD about that. gently caress, they're so DIRTY.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The way Patti says "and popcoorrrrn" will live in my head forever

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Why was there swearing?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Data Graham posted:

I can't explain why but I love the student they only do like one closeup of and she just has this completely neutral/pleasant expression while Patti is screaming about tables, just totally taking in the nonsense in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZBwPmla8QQ&t=188s

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

They didn’t! All they said was ‘shoot’.

DON’T LAUGH

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Weedle posted:

the calico cut pants site actually does exist

https://getcalicocutpants.com/

but if you use it...

you gotta give

I love how it links to an actual charity

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Data Graham posted:

The third Drivers Ed video that just immediately opens with Patti screaming absolutely kills me. There's no lead up at all, she's just already completely dialed up to 11.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Patti is wonderful. I first saw her as one of Aidy's coworkers in Shrill and I love how she brings that same energy and distaste for humanity to all she does.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ror posted:

I can't explain why but I love the student they only do like one closeup of and she just has this completely neutral/pleasant expression while Patti is screaming about tables, just totally taking in the nonsense in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZBwPmla8QQ&t=188s

Same, but the guy who squints in confusion after Patti first calls someone a "loving pig"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I hate little bald boys. Every time I see little bald boys, I think I'm back in the pants.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
IM NOT STUPID IM SMARTER THAN YEW

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Patti rocks so much. I saw her live in February and it was a great show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tell us her jokes I want to hear them

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Khanstant posted:

Tell us her jokes I want to hear them

One of them is a pretty funny knock-knock joke, but you have to start it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Knock knock

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Who's there?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was more long-form tbh but there was a PowerPoint presentation at the beginning with various satirical trigger warnings

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Scholtz posted:

Who's there?
No, Wu's on first.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Did she sing at all?

There aren't many videos of her doing live performances on YT but both of these are absolutely incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JwgqnLA-Mk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yyz7Em3I1s

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Oh my loving GOD hahahahha

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t watch the first video but lmao at the second one hahahaha

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Patti Harrison might be the single funniest person working in comedy today.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MokBa posted:

Patti Harrison might be the single funniest person working in comedy today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZOIpsxfzxw

(I don't disagree, I just had to use it)

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Here's a short she did with Alan Resnick (from Unedited Footage of a Bear, Live Forever As You Are Now, other great weird stuff) and she's delightfully unhinged in it. She's the best.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I like patti a lot but I feel like she’s not well-used in ITYSL. It’s hard to put my finger on it but I’d say that ITYSL sketches work well when everyone’s at a 2 and one person is at a 3 or 4, and gradually over the course of the sketch they ramp up to a 10. patti comes in at like 8-9 from the jump so you don’t get the same gradual disintegration of social norms.

the best patti sketch is the surprise party for the boss, because it does have that ramp, and because she’s mostly doing extremely funny physical comedy rather than shouting and mugging (something I think Tim does a little bit too often as well)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Does that count as our gift..? Because I didn't ask for that

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I like patti a lot but I feel like she’s not well-used in ITYSL. It’s hard to put my finger on it but I’d say that ITYSL sketches work well when everyone’s at a 2 and one person is at a 3 or 4, and gradually over the course of the sketch they ramp up to a 10. patti comes in at like 8-9 from the jump so you don’t get the same gradual disintegration of social norms.

the best patti sketch is the surprise party for the boss, because it does have that ramp, and because she’s mostly doing extremely funny physical comedy rather than shouting and mugging (something I think Tim does a little bit too often as well)

I agree although I enjoy the chaotic from the start Patti sketches enough that I’m glad they exist as is too. Drivers Ed had a bit of a ramp up and is another classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I hate that this song is likely a joke and they didn't make a full version of it. It's been stuck in my head for ages.
https://youtu.be/T3m_pbSzeqI