Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

roomtone posted:

does this get better after the first episode?

You’re thinkin’... you shoulda swiped left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Flying Zamboni posted:

There's so much going on in the wife joke sketch that it's definitely one of my favorites from the show. The reveal of the sleeping bags at the end was incredible.

At the VERY end of the flashback, the wife begins to say something like “So when you said...” and it gets cut off. I have been thinking about this for three days. drat you Tim Robinson.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Consummate Professional posted:

I don't get the waiter brothers at the end of it.

no thank you, I get it, I usually love the waiter brothers, but I’m just not in the mood right now, because I forgot to lie

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

triples of the barracuda, triples of the roadrunner, triples of the nova

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EL BROMANCE posted:

I showed the skateboarding sketch with Darby Allin from AEW to a friend and he laughed a few times, so I showed him the fully loaded nachos one (as it’s become a constant in joke between me and my girlfriend) and it was clear that I should have stopped where I was.

He didn’t seem to realize it was the late show and we can say whatever we want.

see that first one strikes me as a way more oddball sketch than the latter. that's the thing! you never know what sketch is gonna trigger someone's love!

which is why you must force them to watch all of it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Khanstant posted:

wait what is the skateboard sketch

I honestly have no idea where it's "from" but it's basically a missing ITYSL sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUazN5Fjv9Q

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zoux posted:

Also surprisingly authentic to his comedy style. Good for him.

I wanted a comment from him at the end about not knowing how to drive a car.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I was pretty amped to see her show up in SheHulk not because she was great in it or anything (it was a smaller side part) but because it definitely indicates her star is rising.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m bored, you guys are boring.

You guys REALLY embarrassed me in front of Howie

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

grobbo posted:

He very briefly plays a child in Stranger Things.

in fairness, I don’t think you can play a child your whole life

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah, Brian Cambridge!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The slow descent of Richard Brecky is art

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s too late for me, promise me you’ll never follow a rule

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Phenotype posted:

ok I feel like I must be missing something

why is it the driving "crooner"? Doesn't that imply that he's singing? and there's a cigar on the window, but it looks like he's pretending to play a trumpet or something? shouldn't it be a trumpet decal on the window?

He’s pretending to look like a caricature of a 50’s lounge singer with the fedora and smoking a big cigar.

He’s Mr. Paradise, you see

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

...so there isn't monsters on the world?

That won’t undo your realizations about your life

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whoever was noticing the recurring side characters bit, I think the guy who goes too far in the mortal enemies skit is one of the Turbo Team…

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

The big guy's eyes when he just starts shimmying is so good. He doesn't say a word but you know he's trying to convey "is this anything? How about this?"

My birthdays in 10 days…

*shimmy*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK DOINK

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I feel like that one and the Jamie Taco sketch are mirror reflections. That one’s all comedy and then there’s this sad and touching moment at the end to shift the whole vibe. The Jamie Taco one is largely just touching and sweet about a dude who loves his wife with the big payoff being that he was at an adult male sleepover the whole time.

He always says he’s gonna stay and never does!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shrimpy posted:

Considering she mentions being unfamiliar with the show when she got the gig, it's funny to read this:

oh my god

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Talking about weird themes, S2 has several of this exact quote: “You shoulda swiped left”

And there is an insane proliferation of R names. Randall isn’t interesting, Ronnie couldn’t get off the zip line, Robert yelled at her for the rats, Robbie Star can’t stop tricking old guys at the mall, I can probably keep going but these came to mind

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zer0spunk posted:

I just..don't want my daddy's head to get cut off

No one’s cutting off this guy’s head

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gonz posted:

Well, poo poo.

no poo poo dude Kim Kardashian died there

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I never quoted anchorman or Superbad with my friends though. This is slander.

Being in a circle of dudes quoting funny movie quotes to one another is no bullshit some of the simplest joy life can know.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

And it really bothered me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Handsome Ralph posted:

I hate that this song is likely a joke and they didn't make a full version of it. It's been stuck in my head for ages.
https://youtu.be/T3m_pbSzeqI

It’s a song by real-band-and-friends-of-Tim, Turnstile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I WOULD HAVE SAID “NAUGHT”