Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know if anyone else watches everything with Audio Description on but the fact they kept referring to Tim's character in "sloppy steaks" as "The Degenerate" really added to what was already a funny sketch for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just finished the second episode of season 2 and actually that was the whole season all along. Want more now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FalconImpala posted:

I know this is the wrong place to complain but I really want this show to click for me. I love Tim & Eric, I really love Nathan for You, and I'm glad that Netflix is trying non-sitcom comedy. The setups have me laughing pretty hard, but somehow, I'm cold after the first 60 seconds. I can kind of go, "I know where this is going: the other characters in the scene will realistically point out the silly premise, Tim Robinson will go into angry denial, they will point out he is being unreasonable, and he will deny more until he is forcibly removed." It's like an improv scene with every actor saying "no".
I would just suck it up and say I have a different sense of humor, but I've never heard this much lavish praise in the media for any comedy show, ever. My friends are quoting it like it's Borat and 2007. Now I'm wondering if I'm super out of touch, or looking at it from the wrong angle?
Like the Ghost Tour bit, I had enough clues in the first 45 seconds to realize that it would be the same joke for the next 5 minutes, until the other characters get tired of it and kick him out. The Focus Group guy is the closest thing to my sense of humor because everyone hated Paul instead, when I expected it to be the same formula... but then the later sketches go back to the formula.

Seems like anything you don't find funny you can examine and describe it to death, seent plenty of people do that with literally every other show you mentioned as well. At the end of the day you can't think yourself into finding something hilarious if you already don't think it's funny.

My friends aren't quoting poo poo, it's just me going "ohhh that naughty old elf must be a real mean bastard to give us this so eArLY" and cackling to myself

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that sketch needed the old man from focus group. I still liked that sketch because I'm with the dude, it's a stupid game and I'm not paying.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Counterpoint: If they didn't show sloppy steaks, for the rest of your life your brain would need to see it for real, eventually no longer satisfied with the imagined version of it, until your body made you ruin a good steak just to see it for real, finally.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well that's hitting a whole lot of interest points for me, so hot drat I've got something new to look forward to.

The perfect egg bite.

I was trying to remember where I recognized him from. He's also got a tiny role in Shrill, but when he shows up it's 100% screaming chaos energy delivery.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcGgDrS5Gto

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I missed when Tim was on SNL, like, I knew he was a writer but didn't realize he was a on-screen player for a short amount of time. I wish it was easier to identify the main writers for any given sketch, would like to see all the one's Tim managed to get on the show in some form.

Here's some second-hand tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80oHMSruQFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uSWAJd9GE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YXaJUwdsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31mmB8HvZw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmFNYARCeqk

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Well he clearly thrives more outside the SNL environment. Seeing him break so easily on SNL though makes me wanna see ITYSL outtakes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dylan's Burger is one of the most infectious to me. "gimme dat" and "Ii'm joookin', iiiim jokin" are often handy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
to this day, i hate bald boys. i can't stand bald boys. everytime i see them... i think i'm back in the pants.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm not popular at all!!?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MokBa posted:

Detroiters is so good. Tim Robinson plays a very Tim Robinson character but he kind of resembles a human being. Plus Sam Richardson is there and he's the greatest in general. Too bad it's only on Paramount+ which is the least functional streaming app ever designed.

haha i used my google play credit to buy season 1 to watch on youtube, but didn't have enough for season 2 and have to use that awful website. I also had to lend my friend my account info so he could watch it, can't really share youtube account info, so had to use that and I think he ended up downloading it to add to his plex because p+ so bad.

tim's netflix episode of Characters is also worth checking out as a kind of bonus episode of ITYSL.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive only tried on my browser and the most infuriating thing is it will skip to the next episode before the current one is finished, like 2/3rds the way through. just suddenly shrinks in the middle of action and autoplays next episode. The last half of the seek bar is also cursed, and does not match the thumbnail at all, so if you thin kyoure clicking into a few seconds ago actually you're skipping to the next episode. You als ocant just hit back to go back and watch that episode again. you have to renavigate to it, click the episode, then try to quickly rewind it because it remembers to hold itself where you left off, which is at a bizarre point where it autoskips instantly.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They are all killer. Episodes I thought were weak or didn't like, later on laughed harder than I thought possible for a gag I already knew was coming. And then sometimes the true hilarity of the sketch comes in real life when it pops into your head at the perfect or worst moment.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know how to quote this part but there's one particular crazed, frustrated "auauahauuuuugh" he does at one pops into my head a lot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVIQZ7tiag

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
no but i wanna see it, the shot of him zooming out in the car, or widening field of view or whatever was awesome

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh yeah i am almost forgot. he carries a club made of lava!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gonna need a wait mate for this

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what are you talking about? that guy was a liar who nearly manslaughtered someone who gave him a great gift he failed to appreciate

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
His guest star episode of SNL would be fantastic

Edit: for SNL anyway

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I showed the skateboarding sketch with Darby Allin from AEW to a friend and he laughed a few times, so I showed him the fully loaded nachos one (as it’s become a constant in joke between me and my girlfriend) and it was clear that I should have stopped where I was.

I feel like not losing it at the nacho sketch is simply a matter of inexperience. Either you can viscerally recall nacho injustice or you can't

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wait what is the skateboard sketch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
He kept laughing and loving around during the deaths. I think that's sooo cool

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

this tweet is more expensive because the logic is so complicated

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

god bless rebranded micky mouse

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that look the truck guy gives tim like "you loving piece of poo poo, acting like this is some truck, it's a fuckin RAM"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If I had a restaurant we wouldn't need that rule. Every single Nacho would be fully loaded to the exact same degree, each nacho weighing within .0001 grams of eachother with precisely stacked ingredients, perfectly covered and adhered to the chip. The chef prepares them table side, individually constructing, weighing, baking, and faxing a photo of the nacho to head office for quality assurance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look up
At my
Face

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah! They're Stanzos.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Palm tree girls and palm tree guys rushed out like he couldn't contain it anymore gets me too

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I feel like those eyes and eyebrows would be gorgeous on a woman with a symmetrical face.

I keep seeing Santa Claus in other shows now and I bust out laughing every time before he does or says anything, if he even does at all. I just think, drat, they got to pay him 2 more mil even if he does a bad job.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
and popcooorn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'd love to see that. She's been hilarious in everything I've seen her in but shes only gotten supporting or bit roles mostly so far so I need more.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I still think I shoulda won in Tuscon

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

thatfuturekid posted:

Game Night is a personal favorite, if just for Tim really selling the character so hard. Sometimes when talking music with friends I will slip in a "He's no Roy Donk" just to see if anyone picks up on it

I think about the Colgate Comedy Hour more often than I should because I watch a lot of reruns of George Burns and Gracie Allen show and they constantly hawk Carnation brand evaporated milk as it's their primary sponsor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
As an aside y'all should check out George Burns and Gracie Allen show. It's still really funny and I think it's due for a revival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Don't your remember?! I played them for you that night I told you that you could never be a good writer because you don't have a curious mind?!