Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Even the not great sketches have one or two redeeming moments imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

FalconImpala posted:

I know this is the wrong place to complain but I really want this show to click for me. I love Tim & Eric, I really love Nathan for You, and I'm glad that Netflix is trying non-sitcom comedy. The setups have me laughing pretty hard, but somehow, I'm cold after the first 60 seconds. I can kind of go, "I know where this is going: the other characters in the scene will realistically point out the silly premise, Tim Robinson will go into angry denial, they will point out he is being unreasonable, and he will deny more until he is forcibly removed." It's like an improv scene with every actor saying "no".
I would just suck it up and say I have a different sense of humor, but I've never heard this much lavish praise in the media for any comedy show, ever. My friends are quoting it like it's Borat and 2007. Now I'm wondering if I'm super out of touch, or looking at it from the wrong angle?
Like the Ghost Tour bit, I had enough clues in the first 45 seconds to realize that it would be the same joke for the next 5 minutes, until the other characters get tired of it and kick him out. The Focus Group guy is the closest thing to my sense of humor because everyone hated Paul instead, when I expected it to be the same formula... but then the later sketches go back to the formula.
I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I'm used to having more suspension of disbelief for comedy? There's some long articles about the "political implications" of a guy who's denying something over and over until he gets what he deserves. Maybe people are just laughing at the idea of that guy finally getting owned.

Sounds like you don’t really enjoy it. Humor is subjective and not everything will tickle your funny bond; it’s okay. You don’t have to write essays on it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I actually want to go to Haunted House more than Aqua

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The little dance he does before saying “FRANKENSTEIN’S CHICK” is next level funny

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I honestly cannot tell if the game show host in that sketch is a child or an adult.

It’s Ayo Edebiri, a rising star in the acting/writing world. Was the second lead on The Bear, one of the most popular shows of the last year.