Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I don't love Baby of the Year, either, but it has its moments. Mostly that one heckler who totally nails the delivery on, "I hope you loving die, Harley Jarvis!"

Instagram is probably my #1 because I have the impulse to quote it all the goddamn time. But the Garfield house and Magician skits are excellent. And now the Prank Show one...that demolished me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Chairman Capone posted:

One skit I haven't seen referenced in this thread so far which I absolutely love is Scrooge vs. the Bone Brigade from S1. Makes a good pairing for the Santa action movie from S2.

Also a good pairing for the truly awful The Tomorrow War, in which the tables are turned and Sam Richardson is recruited to pass through a time portal into a dystopic future war.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What are some sketches you didn’t appreciate at first but now consider top tier?

CorncobTV didn’t land for me on first watch and now I love it. “I didn’t rig poo poo! I didn’t fuckin’ DO this!”

Tables was instantly a favorite, though. “I just got yelled at by Freddie Kruger!” Incredible the whole way.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

MokBa posted:

Patti is a pro-follow on Instagram. She might be the all time world’s greatest shitposter.

Her tweets pretending to be the official social media account for Nilla Wafers are exactly that, to such an absurd degree.

“Hello, I am Sia (the singer) doing a social media takeover for Nilla Wafers today! There are only two genders.”

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

The Jamie Taco one is largely just touching and sweet about a dude who loves his wife with the big payoff being that he was at an adult male sleepover the whole time.

S2 had a lot of oddly sincere or genuine moments that pop up in the middle of total absurdity. The Jamie Taco one is at least funny on a concept level, as a comment on Boomer “take my wife!” jokes.

But the Claire’s one is just a bizarre, mournful downer. Even Karl Havoc ends with an anti-joke about how Carmine feels total existential emptiness.

I can see Tim Robinson becoming a kind of Andy Kaufman, whose humor veers hard into anti-humor designed to antagonize or provoke people.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

LifeLynx posted:

"Say whatever you want" guy's mom died and he used the inheritance to buy the haunted house, turning it into a place where you can say and do anything you want which obviously translated into a nightclub. That's ITYSL lore.

The money was actually from his hot dog vacuum startup. He also owns Aqua. He met a contractor at Dan Flashes who looks a lot like him, and hired him to build the big deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Sockser posted:

You wanna walk to the jewelry store? You wanna walk to the house?

Lord of the Rings, summarized.