Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ShakeZula posted:

If nothing else, extending the sloppy steaks sketch was worth it for ~dangerous nights~

Here's a take - I've been obsessed with this dumb beautiful show since it came out in 2019 and probably more than any show I can recall, I have fervently lobbied my friends and family and anyone else to watch it because I enjoy it so much.

There are so many great sketches, or even a really funny line or a weird phrase they will repeat in bad ones. Sometimes I am almost doubled over laughing just READING a summary or article ranking the sketches and just the dumb concepts of some of these. But somehow the thing that has stuck with me the most is the songs that have been featured.

The perfect cut to the theme song after pretty much every opening sketch where Tim or another character did the most awkward thing possible, then doubled down, lies about it, then triples down.

The incredibly bleak old-timey song when his elderly mom wearing a wig picks him up from the adult ghost tour.

“The Day Robert Palins Murdered Me” interspersed with “the guy said ‘gospel isn't selling, gimme something spooky!’”

Explosions in the Sky instrumental song like the end of a CW teen drama tv show playing as Lev succumbs to Jacob’s mudpie.

Sam Richardson pageant-singing “Baby of the Year” with the video montage of toes like tiny curled shrimp.

The perfect Black Keys-esque dad rock song and those middle-aged guys just absolutely jamming out with their TC Tuggers.

Reenacting the Blues Brother song, progressively turning up the volume while the dog goes loving crazy.

Johnny being prompted to sing “Palm Tree” by a sleazy, trying-not-to-break-after-every-line Robbie Star at Superstar Track Records and insisting that “Moon River Rock” IS in his Q-Zone.

Fred Willard as the substitute funeral organ player.

The gauzy, dreamlike “Dangerous Nights” with auto-tuned vocals during the montage showing the baby when Tim used to be a piece of poo poo.

Singing “Fri Day Nite” at his mom’s funeral.

I find myself humming one of these goddamn songs around the house, or wake up and “baby baby baby” theme song is bouncing around in my head. I love this weird show for many reasons, somehow it's the music that makes it perfect.

sticksy fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/mondo_1/status/1522661721558638592?s=21&t=m6SXUAnRcuoPpTPU4-s37g

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Doing a necro on this thread to remind everyone Tim won an Emmy for ITYSL. He didn't rig poo poo!
https://twitter.com/TelevisionAcad/status/1566614944488927237?s=20&t=T-HyvnAZi-S0FbV0rpw3Mw

I'm still very angry that Carpool loving Karaoke won over ITYSL

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I believe the comments in the skateboard sketch on YouTube mention that he did it on behalf of BrainDead which uncool me wasn’t aware of but is apparently a design and fashion brand.

I tried to show ITSYL to my wife and much like Tim & Eric, it seems to make her physically angry so I haven’t even bothered with S2.

The only sketch I’ve had relative success sharing with normal people was the “Brian’s Hat” with a couple of close work colleagues, which definitely hit home since we had someone on our team who was a complete imbecile and we’d unsurprisingly text/message back and forth constantly in disbelief of the dumbass stuff he’d say and do.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Ok I've finally watched every T&J cartoon and he never sniffs any panties.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

George H.W. oval office posted:

I always loved this scene because you can see Conner on the precipice of breaking and it quickly cuts away so you don't see the full break. I'm sure those shoots were hella fun.

Same - both Tim and Connor can barely suppress their smirks the entire sketch and there is shot where you briefly can see Connor breaking when Tim talks about “if I hear about you tricking one more old guy at the mall!!”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

Palm tree girls and palm tree guys rushed out like he couldn't contain it anymore gets me too

Lol, definitely this

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

NOBODY TRICKED ME

I AM A STAR

Don’t know if this is who they were thinking about when they cast/dressed that guy but he always reminded me of “Hard Rock/Big Dick Nick” for similar reasons in terms of his delusion and also general appearance

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Golden Bee posted:

This show is the only thing I still want to watch on Netflix.

:emptyquote:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
gently caress I'm so pumped for tomorrow

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I need to do multiple rewatches obviously but overall, I thought it was pretty good while didn’t quite match the highs of S2, it also didn’t have the lows since last season there were some total duds for me.

It also felt like was at times a bit too indulgent at Tim being “wacky” and talking in weird voices that I didn’t find super funny. All of the guest stars were great, though, although I didn’t think the Connor O’Malley one was as strong as his previous outings, which granted is hard to top.

I also really enjoy seeing no name actors from previous sketches be used again later, especially those from Michigan. Like his girlfriend in the Stanzo Fedoras sketch in S1, one of the women in the Blues Brothers S2 sketch, and was the bride in the sketch with Tim Meadows this season. Lots of others I’m forgetting.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

“The back deck at Aqua collapsed.”

“Was anybody hurt?”

“…………Kim Kardashian’s head fell off.”

The seriousness with which the bouncer said this silly line got me good

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

GateOfD posted:

anyone else feel other than a few skits, Tim Robinson is the worst actor out of the bunch. The rest of the cast is much better. Even the extras that have a single line or two.

Yeah, pretty much but I think that is somehow part of the charm as his style and delivery is so unique so it kinda works. Hell, he even won an Emmy for Outstanding Actor last year lol

Sandwolf posted:

The slow descent of Richard Brecky is art

His distress and anger at how it’s now all frats and bachelor parties had me howling

grobbo posted:

He's leant into the broad gurning and wacky voices a lot since Season 1, and it's made him a lot more obtrusive (for me in a bad way) in each skit. I thought the ziplining sketch in particular would have been a lot better if he'd stuck to the despondency instead of reverting to a funny little voice at the end.

100% - I loved that sketch but the ending to it in that way I felt diminished it

Also FYI

sticksy fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 1, 2023

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I SAID WAS

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/youshouldaffirm/status/1664100391619813376

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

i am a moron posted:

they’re referring to Lady Luck guy getting RUINED AHHHHH

Since watching that, I've definitely screwed something up and screamed I'M A DEAD MAN

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/itysl_memes/status/1668694271564587039

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1671149621404397574?s=20

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Stumbled across these this morning and couldn't find out the source or a full clip?

https://giphy.com/timrobinson

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What the hellll

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

is the gif engineer still here? there's no gif online of "I don't know how to search it" from bozo did the dub and I really wanted two gifs

Not gifs but there’s also this for future reference:
https://www.ithinkyoushouldme.me/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

George H.W. oval office posted:

Saw the ITYSL live show. It was a good time! Cut sketches and extended bits with Tim, Sam, Patti, Conner, and some others all in attendance to talk and riff. There was definitely some good sketches that were cut. If you get a chance go see it!

I'm going on Wednesday in Phoenix - I don't have super high expectations that it won't be much more than outtakes and extended versions of sketches with a few that didn't make the cut, but am excited and should be fun going with a couple of buddies. Mostly just wish it was Fri. Day. night.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

They've got some bangers in there

As a guy growing up in the South with SEC football, this sketch resonated with me (he had a similar bit in his Austin special about "the last white cornerback")

https://youtu.be/HotDJ2FhB84?si=ICv9-ZJK5ZNNXPTe

Shane Gillis' Netflix show, "Tires," comes out in a few weeks and also has Stavvy baby in it, so should be decent.

sticksy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 30, 2024