Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Ror posted:

Making Patti Harrison a writer for season two was such a fantastic decision. The casting on this show is always outstanding but she might be the person that comes closest to matching the sheer chaotic energy of Tim.

Patti is a pro-follow on Instagram. She might be the all time world’s greatest shitposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Detroiters is so good. Tim Robinson plays a very Tim Robinson character but he kind of resembles a human being. Plus Sam Richardson is there and he's the greatest in general. Too bad it's only on Paramount+ which is the least functional streaming app ever designed.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Khanstant posted:

haha i used my google play credit to buy season 1 to watch on youtube, but didn't have enough for season 2 and have to use that awful website. I also had to lend my friend my account info so he could watch it, can't really share youtube account info, so had to use that and I think he ended up downloading it to add to his plex because p+ so bad.

It was such a headache to watch that show. I signed up for a free week of Paramount+ specifically for Detroiters. It didn't work at all casting from my phone app. Didn't work at all on the app on my tv. The only way it functioned was casting from my ipad to the tv and even then it would randomly skip like two episodes when going one to the other. I don't know how you can gently caress up a streaming app THAT badly. It's like they refused to see how anyone else had been doing it for years and decided to just write all the code from scratch, taking their best guess.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Connor also plays Tim's brother on Detroiters and has some of the funniest bits in the whole show.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

All this mention of Connor and we're missing his greatest bit.

https://youtu.be/yGaXpz8WesI?t=57m08

Time stamp is 57:08 if it doesn't work

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Imagine not watching the Bear smh couldn't be me

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

The sketches are all in offices because the adults are all essentially children in their worldview and it's the closest thing to a classroom setting.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

New season is really good about ending on a strong joke and moving onto the next thing. He says that line and it just ends. Perfect moment.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

The Mr. Show transitions are so perfect and often weirdly seamless that I'm not surprised no one has tried to copy it. They did it first (?) and they did it best.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Her head "fell off" is an all time phrasing

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

The way Patti says "and popcoorrrrn" will live in my head forever

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Oh my loving GOD hahahahha

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Patti Harrison might be the single funniest person working in comedy today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I like that skit because Tim Meadows deepthroating a feather is very funny