Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Ah poo poo, I was only familiar with the German Black Peter and had no idea it was also tied into that Dutch blackface thing. On second thought, we don't need that lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Malakas Black

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Black Philip

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

black stacey

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ThePariah posted:

You don't need to be possessed by a demon to want to kick Cody in the face.

...But it helps!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hey now hey now malachi black

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
They should have named him "The Spookmaster" and had him wrestle in a Darth Vader helmet imo

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
“I am called Malakai Black now, because the name Malakai is in the Bible and means evil Kai and Black because that is what my soul is now. It was originally Blacks but then it was pointed out that these binders would then be titled the Lore of the Blacks which might cause confusion”

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Black is beautiful!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
KNOW THE LORE!!!!

i'm excited to deep dive this hot topic garbage

i'm gonna write Malachi Black fan fiction

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i unironically enjoy it when wrestlers put way too much thought into their character stories and we've enjoyed sheamus too long for everyone else not to too

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Seams posted:

i suspect he chose this name himself

After his post WWE "MY CHARACTER'S LOOOORE~" talks, I imagine they had to talk him down from 5 names that were goofier than Malachi.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Blaise330 posted:

After his post WWE "MY CHARACTER'S LOOOORE~" talks, I imagine they had to talk him down from 5 names that were goofier than Malachi.

smarxist posted:

KNOW THE LORE!!!!

i'm excited to deep dive this hot topic garbage

i'm gonna write Malachi Black fan fiction

I rest my case

e: hit reply instead of edit

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

My first thought was Bray Wyatt did this idea better, before he stopped writing his own stuff and WWE ran him into the ground

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I see we're at the "this is never going to work and Tony has lost their mind, AEW is doomed" part of the "holy poo poo how did this guy become super awesome all of a sudden" cycle.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I like lore

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i watched the YouTube video most recently with him and his excitement to dive into this stuff is cool so i know the guy will be entertaining

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

has anyone introduced tommy to Digital Devil Saga

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In six months tops this subforum will be filled with screaming Malachimaniacs eagerly discussing the deep LORE OF THE TOMMY.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

I see we're at the "this is never going to work and Tony has lost their mind, AEW is doomed" part of the "holy poo poo how did this guy become super awesome all of a sudden" cycle.

No I like Malachi he’s cool. It’s just bants.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Oh my gods! Hat’s Malakai Black!!’n

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Tommy End being possessed by either a devil or a daemon is fine and I cannot wait for the return of Kobold Cutler to join his adventuring party.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Tommy End being possessed by either a devil or a daemon is fine and I cannot wait for the return of Kobold Cutler to join his adventuring party.

Tommy End is the vessseellllll of Malachai Black, is what you're saying.

Seems familiar.

edit: sorry Malakai

edit 2: I'm only making fun of it because I haven't seen it. I'm ready to help crowdsource the Mallakei Black Lore graphic novel when the time comes.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 8, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
look, not everyone can have such great warlock characters as "a literal raven" and "dark pinocchio"

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkjvMs3t9GE

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Is there a pro wrestler stronger than Malakai Black?

And I'm referring to Rinne Tensei Malakai Black with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Tommy End's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Not a chance

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Malachi Malachi Malachi loving Black!

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

this poo poo is going to really start popping off when he inevitably feuds with broken matt hardy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

malarkey black is the messenger
tommy end is the vessel like structure

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Black vs Omega would be really good. I feel like Kenny would be all about the lore when the devil comes to claim the one winged angel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

Thomas Black would've worked just fine.

His full name is Thomas Ending

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

No we all love it. We just know it's gonna be dumb. But like, Crank 2 is one of my favorite movies and it's insanely dumb. So who cares.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Can't believe he stole the name from the lesser known Buck. Such a cheap shot.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
what's Timmy Beginning doing in the Dynamite zone

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Malachi, Malachias, Malache or Mal'achi (/ˈmæləkaɪ/ (About this soundlisten); Hebrew: מַלְאָכִי‎‎, Modern: Malaḵi, Tiberian: Malʾāḵī, "Messenger", see malakh) was the traditional writer of the Book of Malachi, the last book of the Neviim (Prophets) section in the Hebrew Bible. According to the 1897 Easton's Bible Dictionary, it is possible that Malachi is not a proper name, but simply means "messenger of Yahweh".[1] The Greek Old Testament superscription is ἐν χειρὶ ἀγγέλου αὐτοῦ, ("by the hand of his messenger").

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

My favorite part of the LORE OF MALAKAI is that he's ostensibly keeping up continuity from his time in WWE with the weird gouged eye and poo poo, so this demon possessing poor Tommy End got fired from his day job, then pored over his contract to make sure he wouldn't get in trouble if he showed up in AEW after only 30 days.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I didn't watch any of his WWE stuff building this character up cause lol WWE. Is there a playlist on YouTube or something with all his LORE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Any chance it's a Path of Exile reference?