Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

For those who were wondering (and I was among you, I assure you) how the former Aleister Black could debut tonight for AEW just a little over a month after he received his WWE release, we have the answer.

PWInsider.com is told that back when Tommy End was moved to the main WWE roster several years ago, the company failed to update his contract from the standard 30 day non-compete that NXT level talents receive to the 90 day non-compete that main roster performers are given. So, what can only be described as a bad clerical error allowed End to be free and clear in time for the first episode of AEW Dynamite on the road and surprise everyone.

HOLY poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

lmfaoooooooo

that is loving beautiful

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

HAHAHA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahahaha that company is so loving inept at everything. I wonder how long the inertia of the late 90s will continue to carry them forward (too long)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

THIS IS AWESOME *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

God I love and hate that stupid loving company

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lmao WWE is powered entirely by hamsters running on wheels

smarxist posted:

give him a weird relationship with Abadon

I'd be into him coaxing BBB away from HFO once Butcher's back. They'd be a good fit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
PWInsider is saying the reason Black had a 30 day non compete is WWE forgot to update the terms of his deal when he went from NXT to the main roster.

Edit: Beaten like poor Rebel was thanks to Blood Money.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Robert Roode and Gangrel should form a tag team called Blood Money

Blood! Money!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVXfofCZ2jI

Andrade's music and tron

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Jerusalem posted:

Catching up on the first half of the show, I really dug that the Strap match ended with Cody just completely destroying QT then striding from turnbuckle to turnbuckle because he knew QT was in absolutely no position to do anything about it
it blew my mind seeing a strap match that didn’t end in The Strap Match Finish :aaaaa:

TK and the gang continue to amaze!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

boxcarhobo posted:

i think after wwe fired his big homie tyler breeze he doesn't re-sign, i think thats who SRS was alluding to, but that's just me hoping i guess, adam cole would be real fun in aew
People will finally stop complaining about Marko Stunt not having any credible opponents

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This is growing on me a lot after getting a good listen.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Sounds a LOT better here than it did on TV imo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Minidust posted:

it blew my mind seeing a strap match that didn’t end in The Strap Match Finish :aaaaa:

TK and the gang continue to amaze!

I appreciated that.

Also, I think Andrade needs a new finisher; Tay Conti currently does a hammerlock DDT, and does it better than him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

This is funny but likely doesn't matter. Even if Black's non-compete was 90 days, he likely could've just asked out of it and WWE would've let him.

boxcarhobo posted:

i think after wwe fired his big homie tyler breeze he doesn't re-sign, i think thats who SRS was alluding to, but that's just me hoping i guess, adam cole would be real fun in aew

Cole is signed through 2024 I think, I really think SRS was talking about Sami Zayn.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I doubt it will be that important, but if AEW were to win the war and survive for another 20 years, seeing histories treating Black showing up akin to seeing Lex on the first Nitro would be a funny parallel to draw.

Everyone coming into AEW just hates Cody so fuckin' much.

And now there's only one WWE guy who I really desperately want to see free and in AEW, and that's Cesaro.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I live for guitar play like this holy poo poo yes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rotinaj posted:

And now there's only one WWE guy who I really desperately want to see free and in AEW, and that's Cesaro.

I'm still holding out hope for Tozawa and Uhaa.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Huntman posted:

Sounds a LOT better here than it did on TV imo

1. I think the song should cut straight to that rad fuckin' guitar.

2. Tony still doesn't do the WWE thing of pumping the entrance music into the live feed, but only has what the mikes pick up from the house speakers, and I think that's one of the few major vibe changes AEW needs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

tozawa and uhaa for dragon gate

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh, some fan rushed the ring to try and attack MJF? :lol:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Realistically how many more great wrestlers and potential stars from WWE could AEW even hold?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe Andrade will be the Aron Rex instead

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've decided I'm going to be really into whatever dumb bullshit lore stuff Black does, so please everyone prepare yourselves for that.

Unless it's like fiend level bad. But as long as it's not that I'm gonna call it "the fiend done right" even if it's nothing like the Fiend.

Thank you all for your time.

Oh, he's 100% doing the "demon who has amnesia" thing that he was talking about on the livestream, and i'm here for it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Oh, some fan rushed the ring to try and attack MJF? :lol:

And Jericho got a shot in on the fan while security was dragging him away :cawg:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Oh, he's 100% doing the "demon who has amnesia" thing that he was talking about on the livestream, and i'm here for it.

same

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Britt Baker just absolutely blasting WWE for taking blood money from Saudi Arabia and she didn't even skirt around it. Maybe she really is trying to have her husband fired

In the words of Ric Flair: "FIRE ME, I'M ALREADY FIRED"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

man the AEW video game's gonna have a real banger of a roster

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nakamura and Zayn.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CarlCX posted:

man the AEW video game's gonna have a real banger of a roster

Can't wait to buy roster packs until I get a high level Cody Rhodes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
can we got confirmation as to whether this malaki guy is moody

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

i hear he's got the moody blues

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

He's Just a Singer in a Rock n Roll Band.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
big fan of how arn flung the mic after being kicked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rqb2uwx_a0

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

qt Marshall is a big fuckin loser

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I just put some real deal spoilers in the spoiler thread. If you're curious, know that you're in for something in the immediate future of AEW.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Regardless of your opinion of Cody... gently caress if the guy isn't always willing to take a strap-shot

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

God the pop and the crowd chanting "TOMMY" is still insane.

I was not expecting this dude for another two months and was anxious that he was gonna roll back into WWE. Just unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I know people poo poo on JR, but I loved his line "You can't win them all if you don't win the first one."

Calling Ex by his real name was an LOL too