Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

JD Drake loving deserved a TNT title match.

He still does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

JFC I haven't been in the thread a few days and didn't realize the NYC presale happened. Just barely got high up hard cam tix whoop whoop.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mons Hubris posted:

With Cody not on the card, will the devious devil man Malakai Black make an appearance tonight???

He's the first face you see in the preview video for tonight's show so I'm hoping he does something and we get to hear what I hope will be a killer loving theme.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jonny Nox posted:

I'll tell you what though, if Yuta does beat Sammy Guevarra, that would certainly be interesting

Yuta's not beating Sammy

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
It's not like Wheeler Yuta is some nobody jobber

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kunabomber posted:

It's not like Wheeler Yuta is some nobody jobber

He is to 98% of the dynamite audience

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yuta is not going to beat Sammy on Dynamite after losing to Angelico on the YouTube show

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Last night's Dark had a segment where Angelico was dismissing Wheeler and Jack Evans was constantly talking him up. He's one of those hottest free agents in indie wrestling.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wheeler Yuta is cutting in front of Hangman for a title shot and will beat Kenny by smashing his head into a steel drum

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

^^^^^^^^
Edit: poo poo beaten like a steel drum

loving sick

https://www.shopaew.com/shida-vs-ca...until-7-21.html

Also available in the Global store!

https://global.shopaew.com/shida-vs...until-7-21.html

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WrestleTix estimated the Queens presale at 7,500~ sold so far, I would guess 8,000+, some people think 8-9K.

After the first full day on-sale to the general public WWE's MSG show was at 6,300. So the most conservative estimate puts AEW up 1,200 on the MSG show before the pre-sale is even over. And that's WWE with pre-sale + general public on sale!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

Cezar and Hot Young Briley both did, JD Drake got a TNT Title match, Bear Country got a feud before they were signed and then lots of people earlier in the COVID era.

oh yeah i forgot about jds tnt shot

fair enough. maybe it just seems more off because its a Named Event not a generic dynamite

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Call me crazy, but I have a hunch the Sammy/Wheeler match will be more about getting Sammy on a Texas show, giving him some momentum after the MJF loss and furthering the Spears angle than anything to do with Wheeler Yuta.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The only way I'd see Yuta beating Sammy is if MJF caused a gently caress finish, but he's already moved on to Jericho (again) so I think this is just a way to give Sammy a good win in an exciting match after the MJF loss.

Edit: what they ^ said!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xbilkis posted:

Call me crazy, but I have a hunch the Sammy/Wheeler match will be more about getting Sammy on a Texas show, giving him some momentum after the MJF loss and furthering the Spears angle than anything to do with Wheeler Yuta.

I suspect it'll also be a nice showcase for Yuta where he gets a little more than one might expect but takes the loss, because they do see something in him, and they tend to book like that. Like how Angels (before he was Five) versus Kenny went down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Some dude I've never heard of will beat Sammy isn't quite at the level of "Suge Dunkerton should beat Jericho", but it's in the same zip code.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Some dude I've never heard of will beat Sammy isn't quite at the level of "Suge Dunkerton should beat Jericho", but it's in the same zip code.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Ethan explaining that he buys all his nerdy toys on Amazon, sends them to RSP's house in the US, and RSP drives up to Canada to deliver them to him is incredibly wholesome. Nice lil change of pace vlog from BTE and Sammy's.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Good e-Vlog, love to see Page also putting over Fuego, and Colt always hustling for money. Also, Starks absolutely killed me;
"I've soft hands, soft feet, soft lips...
soft meat."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ethan Page still owes me money.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I didn't like Ethan's vlog but it's grown on me - hopefully it starts picking up views

3-way ratings war!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yuta shouldn't beat Sammy.

Yuta should beat Cody.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuka should ride Yuta like that cagematch boss from Beyond Thunderdome.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I legit thought RSP was a slimmed-down Bray Wyatt when he first popped into Ethan's V-log. That's the sort of wrestling ignoramus I am.

That said, man, I did NOT project that Ethan Page would start working his way up to being one of my favorite wrestlers when he first showed up at that ladder match. I wasn't familiar with any of his prior work, but I'm really liking his work in and out of the ring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how many times is this dude gonna put the subscribe button on his videos

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So there are now enough Pages in or associated with AEW to do a Pageboys stable. They all get pageboy haircuts or wigs and wear velvet wrestling gear inspired by heraldry.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bryan Danielson is going to erupt out of Taz's chest, I can feel it.

When? Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, maybe ten years from now.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lamuella posted:

So there are now enough Pages in or associated with AEW to do a Pageboys stable. They all get pageboy haircuts or wigs and wear velvet wrestling gear inspired by heraldry.

You know what else has a lot of pages? Books. You know what you need when you have a lot of books? Librarians.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They call themselves the Paige Turners

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

They call themselves the Paige Turners

Because they're led by senior AEW official Paul Turner.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

how many times is this dude gonna put the subscribe button on his videos

as many as it takes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When they go heel they can be the Rage Turners

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

coconono posted:

Yuka should ride Yuta like that cagematch boss from Beyond Thunderdome.

Yuka and Yuta team up with Rula Lenska

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Ethan Page vs MJF when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG3MtIU5Thg

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

April 5th 2019, apparently

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The acclaimed are killing it on the pre show.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vince MechMahon posted:

The acclaimed are killing it on the pre show.

I am legit excited that they might turn them vs. Varsity Blonds into an actual program, I think both teams’ whole vibes mesh real well.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

imma get real het up in this thread when ethan page and jd go eat bbq and yall start talking poo poo on NC bbq, even if it is western nc bbq

REAL HYET UP

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

boxcarhobo posted:

imma get real het up in this thread when ethan page and jd go eat bbq and yall start talking poo poo on NC bbq, even if it is western nc bbq

REAL HYET UP

But Lexington bbq is bad and they put ketchup in their slaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mons Hubris posted:

But Lexington bbq is bad and they put ketchup in their slaw

we can say that

they can't say that