Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

xbilkis posted:

To be fair, I think he also hit the gas as soon as he got released took advantage of the opportunity to focus on strength training during his time off

if the gas adds several inches in height too i should look for a hook up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

matt sydal short

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It would be funny if Christian became #1 ranked because he beat a name guy while Hangman has been inactive the last two weeks.

Procrastinated out of a shot would be in character.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

He could also show up for Strong whenever and be a really good veteran to build that show around if he wanted to do more NJPW than AEW without uprooting his family. But yeah, I'd really like to see him in AEW, I think he'd be a great fit and the way AEW schedules and paces its shows would let him conserve himself, like how they're doing right now with Christian.

Yeah, I imagine keeping the more limited schedule in a post-pandemic world also entices him, plus he still wants to prove he can be a major star in a U.S. promotion after WWE completely fumbled him from his first Wrestlemania until… now, really. The former WWE could offer with “well you only have to work TVs and PPV”, but the latter is, well, four plus years now of booking that more resembles a Pollack painting than an actual sketched out idea of where he was going.

Also hearing Excalibur yell “BOMA YE!” would be pretty awesome, Nakamura was long gone when Ex got to call those World Tag League shows in 2018 so he never got a chance.

MassRafTer posted:

If he wants that he could just do limited dates for New Japan they don't care about people doing a few special matches.

I mean, yeah, true.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

on second listen the Andrade theme is Good but goddamn, certain themes you cannot loving hear at ALL and they still have not fixed this, it has been like 2 years.

perfectly fine with the Factory being kicked to the goddamn curb in favor of Black being Cody's next feud. I'd be ok seeing literally anyone else get tv time over QT and Solow. Now's the time to pull the trigger and make sure guys like Ricky, PAC, Miro, Andrade, Black, etc get maximum time---they probably have the best roster in wrestling now, no need to hold back on their shiny new toys they rescued from WWE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Oh, he's 100% doing the "demon who has amnesia" thing that he was talking about on the livestream, and i'm here for it.

Black: "I can't remember why, I just felt the intense desire to clobber Cody in the face with my boot."

Everyone else: "I mean, to be fair,"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i could hear andrade's theme perfectly

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Alaois posted:

matt sydal short
remember when he wrestled a ziggler w/o dyed hair and it looked liked someone facing off against their slightly larger clone

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

coward Andy deleted his Darby allin burn

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

StarkRavingMad posted:

Chaos Project

it sucks theyre never getting tv time

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

It would be funny if Christian became #1 ranked because he beat a name guy while Hangman has been inactive the last two weeks.

Kenny can heel any explanation he wants, do a call he Unamericans and say he only wants to defend against a fellow Canadian. Wouldn’t be the first time a champ got to call their shot against someone not ranked #1.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

on second listen the Andrade theme is Good but goddamn, certain themes you cannot loving hear at ALL and they still have not fixed this, it has been like 2 years.

perfectly fine with the Factory being kicked to the goddamn curb in favor of Black being Cody's next feud. I'd be ok seeing literally anyone else get tv time over QT and Solow. Now's the time to pull the trigger and make sure guys like Ricky, PAC, Miro, Andrade, Black, etc get maximum time---they probably have the best roster in wrestling now, no need to hold back on their shiny new toys they rescued from WWE.

I want to complain about it but I honestly love that the whole thing was QT going "Cody doesn't really respect me and thinks he's better than me" and the entire thing just being a resounding "yes"

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

graph posted:

it sucks theyre never getting tv time
feeling like they main event a rampage before year-end despite me having no idea the format of that show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I want to complain about it but I honestly love that the whole thing was QT going "Cody doesn't really respect me and thinks he's better than me" and the entire thing just being a resounding "yes"

QT rules and it rules that he got his mini push where he got to be a geek for his best friend.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

QT rules and it rules that he got his mini push where he got to be a geek for his best friend.

Yeah and I want more of it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ringo Roadagain posted:

there is a video from a better angle where it looks like he was just walking down the ramp after jericho, posing to judas

Oh no :cripes:

Probably lucky nobody (including him) got hurt.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
It kind of got lost with all of the other craziness, but I'm pretty stoked that Statlander finally broke out the Area 451 in AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1412932304817643523?s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, according to his Instagram video, the LORE OF THE BLACK is

- He spent the last 5 years in a mental hospital.
- His eye got hurt in a fight with another patient named MATTHEW. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They took BTE away from The Dark Order, and Hangman Adam Page knew it was time to finally go to war :hellyeah:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
broken matthew

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Show owned.

Didn't know who the old guy was, but he cut a good promo, just don't know why this wasn't during a commercial or some poo poo.

"Persona 5 sucks" sign triggered me, so I'll be bringing a "Persona 5 doesn't suck" sign next week.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does wwe own Black Mass?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That Dynamite owned so loving hard. Just finished it on the West Coast and still feeling great about it.

AEW has missed crowds so much.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Oh no :cripes:

Probably lucky nobody (including him) got hurt.

https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1412980338687545346

PROTIP: don’t gently caress with Security Sam

Also
https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1412975572242870272
:unsmith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So.

Miro, Andrade, Tommy End, probably Matthew Adams too.

WWE botched a bunch of can't-miss prospects, cut them for no reason and AEW quietly raided a huge chunk of what should've been their future right out from under them.

Mox, too! Mox used to wrestle for WWE, remember that?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Show owned.

Didn't know who the old guy was, but he cut a good promo, just don't know why this wasn't during a commercial or some poo poo.

"Persona 5 sucks" sign triggered me, so I'll be bringing a "Persona 5 doesn't suck" sign next week.

You shouldn't spread misinformation like this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Random thoughts on dynamite: boy does QT and the Factory feel dead in the water and congrats to Ethan Page for rendering Scorpio Sky entirely obsolete

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Majinfoose posted:

Show owned.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maffewgregg/status/1123877975324352512

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So Christian beats Matt next week, Kenny uses that to justify giving him atheshot at Fight for the Fallen to avoid Hangman until All Out?

Clearly anyone who might jump the line ahead of Hangman would be obviously filler destined to lose, but I think Christian of all people would be the most... wasteful? Pointless? Not only that but in character if he was offered the spot I feel like after a long promo insinuating he would kick Kenny’s rear end, he’d say he didnt out work Hangman- and that’s who deserves it right now.

They can fight after Kenny loses to Hangman for, I dont know, the TNA belt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Christian beating Kenny for the old TNA belt would actually be pretty funny

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If you have New Japan world and want to see what Karl Anderson can do in a singles match watch his IWGP title shot against Tanahashi. Great match where the crowd is 100% behind Karl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

PROTIP: don’t gently caress with Security Sam

I mean... have you seen the size of most pro-wrestlers! Even the "little" ones tend to be jacked as gently caress. Hell, John Silver's a little kid and he's got arms like oak trees!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jericho decked that guy with a single punch and he's one of the smaller guys on the roster. I can't think of a dumber place to pull this stunt at.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

First wrestler to hit the Squall pose?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Kirios posted:

Jericho decked that guy with a single punch and he's one of the smaller guys on the roster. I can't think of a dumber place to pull this stunt at.

Never forget Jericho beat Goldberg in a shoot fight backstage in WCW.

Note this story may be entirely apocryphal at this point but who cares.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I like Tommy End, don't know how I feel about the demon possessing him though!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
In lieu of security, they should just have Miro patrol aimlessly around ringside and stare at people. :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In my head, it's LUCHA BROS beat yb in a hair vs mask match. Hardy offers his services to the Elite, for a steep fee, since he always liked teaming with them and hates hangman and do. The plan is to help in both matches, but the tag match becomes war. Mox and Eddie square off with good brothers. Kaz kills Cutler. Robo beats up Kaz. Ten and Wheeler run in but pp are there. And th2. Silver, Reynolds and five. Butcher blade and hardy vs colt Stu and uno. Finally, the faces gain the upper hand when hangman gets involved. Lucha bros manage to win clean. Hangman is a bit banged up, but everyone else is practically dead. No run ins for the aew belt, just Kenny and Adam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
security sam vs miro when