Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've decided I'm going to be really into whatever dumb bullshit lore stuff Black does, so please everyone prepare yourselves for that.

Unless it's like fiend level bad. But as long as it's not that I'm gonna call it "the fiend done right" even if it's nothing like the Fiend.

Thank you all for your time.

Oh, he's 100% doing the "demon who has amnesia" thing that he was talking about on the livestream, and i'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Didn't see this mentioned:

Tommy gave an interview post-debut, where he said that he's still Tommy End...just possessed by Malachi Black, and his instagram movie promo thing pretty much spells that out. Also Meltzer and Alverez wondered how pissed off Vince is that Black's return promos on Smackdown pretty much just ended up being advertising for his AEW character.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

Finally caught up, two great Dynamites back to back

But why did Excalibur know Tommy End is possessed by Malakai Black.

I'm going to guess that he watched Tommy's Instagram movie promo thing? It went up a few hours before the show. I get what Excalibur was going for, it was just delivered badly..."That's Tommy End.." followed by the kick to Cody, and then "That's not the Tommy End I knew 15 years ago... Tommy's always been into the occult and used to talk about being possessed... that's Malachi Black!" or something would have worked better.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 9, 2021

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Part of this is a character thing. In the fiction of the show would the character of Excalibur be following the Instagram of recently released psychiatric patient Malaki Black?

it's also for me that I get a bit frustrated with commentators faced with a surprise suddenly knowing everything about the surprise, but that's a personal preference rather than a problem with the story.

The promo video was on the Tommy End Instagram account, so is it reasonable that Excalibur would be following the Instagram of someone he wrestled and appears to have respect for? Probably, yes.