Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I doubt it will be that important, but if AEW were to win the war and survive for another 20 years, seeing histories treating Black showing up akin to seeing Lex on the first Nitro would be a funny parallel to draw.

Everyone coming into AEW just hates Cody so fuckin' much.

And now there's only one WWE guy who I really desperately want to see free and in AEW, and that's Cesaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Huntman posted:

Sounds a LOT better here than it did on TV imo

1. I think the song should cut straight to that rad fuckin' guitar.

2. Tony still doesn't do the WWE thing of pumping the entrance music into the live feed, but only has what the mikes pick up from the house speakers, and I think that's one of the few major vibe changes AEW needs.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Uno and Grayson (Dark Order are deliberately being put in the Elite's orbit for Hangman/Omega and Uno is getting time on the mic every week and being positioned as a major part of this, we saw Grayson get some shine against Omega tonight) or Lucha Bros (both Fenix and Penta have tried with alternate partners, they have been conspicuously kept apart from each other for a large chunk of this year), imo.

People are saying Proud and Powerful, I don't see it, but there is history there.

I'm holding out hope for dark horse dark order candidate: A returning John Silver and Alex Reynolds.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ThePariah posted:

Tom Budgen should provide real time director's commentary on his creative choices. Black wore a black suit while Cody wore a white suit. What does that symbolize?

Cody is going to get malakai black pregnant and defeat racism? :confused:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope he gets rapidly selected for permanent banning from sporting arenas and has trespass charges put against him. That would be amusing.

More amusing would be if they’d draw and quarter him publicly, but that’s just me

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dark order needs their own YouTube show, malakai needs his own vlog

Get on it, bbt/two paychecks cutler

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Took me a minute, but I found him: Zachariah Gibbs!

https://youtu.be/MKvjB2E5YU8

I FULLY plan to start going to Paradise Alley Pro Wrestling shows this year haha

zach gibbs is real good, PAPW is a fun time

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

its a small point in all of this but lol that he hit the ring during jericho and mjf who iirc are two of the aew folks that c*****te actually likes

They dared to sing

They’re the worst kind of monsters

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They should have shida cane him

Though he might get a boner

CobiWann posted:

I’m visiting a retired family friend in Myrtle Beach this week, and they have a golf cart to get around.

They’ve offered me full use of it. What’s the worst that could happen with a golf cart?

https://youtu.be/_D7IAvRAXng

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

title is very incorrect

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CobiWann posted:

I’m on vacation and decided to watch BTE on the TV. My wife and my daughter’s friend joined me.

The rule was in full effect this week - the ONE time I watch wrestling with other people is the ONE time it’s weird as gently caress and I have to feebly protest, “No, it’s usually good!”

I’m gonna make my escape on the golf cart.

You have my sympathy

I made that mistake and put on an episode of raw once with a friend

Special guest hosts ZZ Top, oh boy, how can it be bad

I wonder what the episode stats will tell them about when people start fast forwarding, because I certainly skipped a good half of the episode

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has griff done anything in other companies with more heft to it than spunky blue chipper, because as of now I feel like he is a less good jungle boy. I would be interested to see his range.

I would be also be interested to see the commentary team trying to call a singles JB/GG match

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Always proofread your tweets, people

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DeathChicken posted:

With the old cast no less. Except the one who died and Bam who hates everything nowadays

If they had gotten Ryan Dunn to be in it, I would be very, very interested in this stealth reboot of pet semetary

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiRW9fdpViw

This is a pretty good video about how well AEW has built the roster. There's a particularly good point made about 7 minutes in about how different the cards are between Road Rager and Fyter Fest, and how it doesn't seem like there's anything missing because of the way they rotate their featured talent.

AEW has done a really, really good job of rotating talent, and I'd be fascinated to know if they have a system for it, or if it's just "We didn't book you this week"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

It's Tony Khan.

What does your heart tell you?

That's why I wanna know. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has an elaborate spreadsheet to help him book who is on and who is off. It's really well implemented, if it is an actual system. He has figured out his booking well enough that Dynamite rarely feels like it is lacking in stars.