Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i think Cage wins and the team rallies around him to beat Starks out of the team and start a long term feud.

i think Starks is way better as a solo act

Ricky with his own personal security would be a real fun gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

For those who were wondering (and I was among you, I assure you) how the former Aleister Black could debut tonight for AEW just a little over a month after he received his WWE release, we have the answer.

PWInsider.com is told that back when Tommy End was moved to the main WWE roster several years ago, the company failed to update his contract from the standard 30 day non-compete that NXT level talents receive to the 90 day non-compete that main roster performers are given. So, what can only be described as a bad clerical error allowed End to be free and clear in time for the first episode of AEW Dynamite on the road and surprise everyone.

HOLY poo poo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This is growing on me a lot after getting a good listen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not that I’m looking forward to 4 Jericho singles matches, hope they bring Cobb back in as one of the opponents to continue to echo he Moxley trials MJF explicitly called out.

They should definitely bring someone in like Cobb was in this situation, but I don't think it should be Cobb.

It should be Suzuki.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This picture someone got is loving great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

I'm really impressed that Ethan Page has managed to turn my opinion on him around completely. Loved his promo with JR

They have such a good dynamic. Even when this feud is over It's something they can bring back at any time and have it feel natural.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elevation spoilers: I mentioned this in the spoiler thread, but according to ICR on the discord (who was completely correct about Tommy End signing) they're bringing Fuego, Baron Black, and Kilynn on the road to see how they do before they offer them full deals.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 8, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://streamable.com/u84fv5

Andrade's entrance is so much better with the theme piped in directly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1413169534752657414

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Akileese posted:

So are they going to setup the card for Fyter Fest Night 2 basically on Night 1? The only scheduled match, last I checked, was Britt vs Nyla. Given that they appear to be doing two title matches I do wonder if the Bucks are defending again but who knows. I have a vested interest since I'll be there but a bit irked that like, three matches I'd love to see in person are gonna be at the Austin show.

I'm assuming a TNT title defense. Miro vs. Fenix?

Pylons fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 8, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Kind of love that Tommy's backstory is that he spent five years in an asylum/WWE and came out crazy-evil as a result.

Can't believe he just stole Mox's debut gimmick. Rude.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

After it was revealed that Tommy End's WWE non compete contract was only 30 days due to an oversight in by WWE, Fightful asked Buddy Murphy about his status. He confirmed that his non-compete is 90 days, but that WWE called him in a panic after his release, thinking that his might also be 30 as a result of what happened with the former Aleister Black. They offered to extend it to 90 days if Murphy so chose, but Murphy checked the details of his deal and confirmed that his non compete is through roughly August 31. Murphy is tending to his visa situation, which he's got the ball rolling on, but will have to have rectified by this fall to stay in the United States.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think all of those things make sense for the kind of character he's portraying but he absolutely needs a better finisher.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Both he and Tay have the hammerlock DDT describing their finisher, why does hers look killer and his look like a transitional midmatch move?

I hope he keeps the Yankee pants cuz Kingston cutting a promo on those pants will be wonderful.

Andrade isn't doing a hammerlock DDT, he's doing a hammerlock STO, presumably because Tay is using the hammerlock DDT. He should really bring back the schoolboy suplex he used to do as La Sombra.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just give Lance the 911 gimmick, honestly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think he might have done some stuff with Tom Lawlor in MLW, too? Or somewhere. I remember seeing him cutting promos before and finding him pretty funny and very good at being an antagonistic jerk.

He did stuff with Lashley in TNA too. If they're building to Lance Archer vs. Filthy Tom Lawlor that'd be a fun match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Dan Lambert cut that exact same promo in TNA at one point, only he had a bag full of vintage title belts he had access to from someone (maybe he owned them). Dude is an MMA guy who gets pro wrestling.

Yeah, he owns a bunch of ring-used belts. I think he was on that WWE Antiques show recently.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413611418490966024?s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Have there been other matches announced somewhere? I'm only seeing that one.

They've all been leaked by people who were there but that's the only one officially announced.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think I missed her Riho match, what show was that on.

I really like King and hope she sticks around, but she still desperately needs to pick a character and commit to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ffw8lyafYM&t=2475s

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Some nerds talking about Zelda

https://youtu.be/GUi0jjUSNE8

Shida should play Wind Waker.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413656716034691077

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

ok wait, did they film ALL these matches in front of that crowd???

Before and after, yeah.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MLW basically pays Lucha Underground money so I don't blame him at all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thunder Rosa has the dog pound, and there are a bunch of Create a Pro wrestlers around but I don't know who runs that.

Brian Myers and Pat Buck I think.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Are MLW guys even allowed to work AEW with the new contracts?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

AEW veteran Danny Limelight appeared on tonight's MLW wrestling Battle Riot tapings, and we can confirm he's signed a multi-year deal with MLW. Limelight is finished with All Elite Wrestling for the time being, and AEW sources confirmed that he was on a tiered contract, and that the door is open for a return down the line. Limelight is permitted to appear on NJPW and select other appearances as a part of the deal, we're told. Those in All Elite Wrestling that we spoke to put over Danny Limelight's work ethic in the ring.

Huh, this is interesting.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've been re-watching the Kenny/Hangman segment from last week occasionally and the biggest standout to me is that the crowd got so loving loud when he was in position for the Buckshot Lariat. It ruled.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elevation card for tonight.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This cream's kinda heavy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1414678448551997442

Griff also got the graphic

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Grem posted:

Cassie Lee is in ROH's women's tournament. So far the biggest miss by AEW IMHO.

Where are you hearing that?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

THATB

Does that still work?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsjotouFAQ Road to premiering now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pamela Springstein posted:

do Bubba or D-von still wrestle? bring one of them in to have a three way with Matt and Christian

D-Von is a backstage guy at WWE and Bubba/Bully Ray is trying to angle for a match with Eddie

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Haven't D-Von's kids shown up on Dark? I'm pretty sure they've had a few matches there this past year.

Yeah, Terrence and Terrell Hughes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Interesting that Machine Gun's been carrying the (admittedly short) build to this match. Not even a selfie-cam promo from Mox in between baby feedings.

He's shaved his head so they probably want that to be a big shock for his return.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yoots on Dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1415143023378411523?s=21

Formal match announcement