Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Felt like tonight really captured the energy those last few pre-pandemic Dynamites had. The opener is what it is, but hearing the crowd getting hyped for the finish was fun at least.

Hearing "COWBOY poo poo" in full form again was awesome. Loved thinking back to those early pandemic Dynamites where they were letting fans in and Tony asked them politely to not chant that because of the TNT censors. Crowd in general was just a lot of fun tonight and I can't wait to hear them the rest of the year like this.

Andrade's debut was a lot of fun. Like that he's got an assistant, kind of fun. Theme music didn't sound too exciting and his finisher needs to be worked on, but everything else ruled and I'm very happy to see him in AEW. Also his arms were massive compared to Sydal's, like holy poo poo. For being the same height (I think?), Andrade looked like a monster.

Britt's promo ruled. Beyond excited to see the reaction she gets in Pittsburgh.

And speaking of promos, Lambert's was a lot of fun too. I remember seeing bits and pieces of him in TNA/IMPACT and always thought he was surprisingly good. And surprise surprise, he cut an awesome promo tonight. Didn't stumble once and honestly came off a better promo than some of the actual roster. Really would dig him hanging around and doing something in AEW. I know NXT is literally doing a MMA-shoot stable gimmick, but it'd be fun to see Lambert do that here with like Leyla Hirsch and someone else.

Black's debut was nuts. Did not expect that in the slightest and it loving ruled. I'm curious how this will play out. I saw he liked a tweet saying that Tommy End and Malakai Black are not the same, that Tommy's a vessel, so I'm willing to give him the opportunity. I've always loved his poo poo since the moment I first saw him in PROGRESS with Michael Dante. I mean, I was literally jumping out of my chair in my room like a complete and total geek from excitement. Just unreal. Also cute lil touch with him in the black suit and Cody in the white suit.

I can't believe how awesome tonight was and then looking at the card for next week, holy poo poo. Mox/Anderson and the Coffin Match alone. Good god. To think we got next week, the week after, and the week after that for shows that will rival tonight, oh my loving god I love AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Sounds a LOT better here than it did on TV imo

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

God the pop and the crowd chanting "TOMMY" is still insane.

I was not expecting this dude for another two months and was anxious that he was gonna roll back into WWE. Just unreal.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Still can't get over how cool it was they had the lights go off during Cody's match and played it off due to the weather to set up Black's debut. Gah. Just so awesome.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Deathlove posted:

I thought I had read something about Miami having electrical problems because of the hurricane, so I basically swallowed that hook all the way.

Same. Also was not anticipating Black being there before his 90-days were up.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

WWE using all these resources to repackage Black's character for his big return just for him to use it in another promotion is p. funny.

Excited to see what this big ol' metal dork brings in for his theme if they don't use Rukus.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

rotinaj posted:

That's why I wanna know. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has an elaborate spreadsheet to help him book who is on and who is off. It's really well implemented, if it is an actual system. He has figured out his booking well enough that Dynamite rarely feels like it is lacking in stars.

This is why I always enjoy hearing TK on the Unrestricted episodes before PPVs, but I'd would love a more in-depth breakdown into his thought process. Especially now that Rampage is coming up next month and he's going to have 2 TV shows and also Dark/Elevation. Listening to Gabe Sapolsky break down stories and angles was a lot of fun, so hope TK can do that one day in the future.

With AEW still in business that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Ethan explaining that he buys all his nerdy toys on Amazon, sends them to RSP's house in the US, and RSP drives up to Canada to deliver them to him is incredibly wholesome. Nice lil change of pace vlog from BTE and Sammy's.