Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Me trying to figure out if a reunited Lucha Bros or Uno and Grayson will beat the Young Bucks for the titles.

smarxist posted:

i think Cage wins and the team rallies around him to beat Starks out of the team and start a long term feud.

i think Starks is way better as a solo act

I worry if Perpetually Aggrieved Taz will work as a face, but it sounds really fun and I kinda want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

This is funny but likely doesn't matter. Even if Black's non-compete was 90 days, he likely could've just asked out of it and WWE would've let him.

boxcarhobo posted:

i think after wwe fired his big homie tyler breeze he doesn't re-sign, i think thats who SRS was alluding to, but that's just me hoping i guess, adam cole would be real fun in aew

Cole is signed through 2024 I think, I really think SRS was talking about Sami Zayn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nakamura and Zayn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Huntman posted:

God the pop and the crowd chanting "TOMMY" is still insane.

I was not expecting this dude for another two months and was anxious that he was gonna roll back into WWE. Just unreal.

I kept trying to tell people. I know the "Vince liked me" stuff was cringe, but the dude showed no interest in going back to WWE and very clearly viewed that as a closed chapter in his life when he got released and was visibly excited to actually be in control of his career again.

When he started getting sponsorships, that was kinda it for the idea of him going back.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Yeah this is most likely. Nak wants his final match to be with Tanahashi, and that’s clearly much easier to get done without uprooting the family again to move back to Japan by just signing with AEW and making a handshake deal with New Japan and do some of the big shows over there in a Jericho or Mox sort of schedule while doing a more full-time schedule on US TV. It also makes me think the NJPW/WWE on and off negotiations are probably about him more than they were about Bryan as they try to find ways to get him to re-sign.

And Sami’s clearly been done with WWE for, god, a couple years at this point. There’s probably some room in his house where he just notches the days until his contract is up.

He could also show up for Strong whenever and be a really good veteran to build that show around if he wanted to do more NJPW than AEW without uprooting his family. But yeah, I'd really like to see him in AEW, I think he'd be a great fit and the way AEW schedules and paces its shows would let him conserve himself, like how they're doing right now with Christian.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Maxwell Lord posted:

I am thinking now it's getting to be time for the Bucks to lose the belts. Not sure to whom though.

Uno and Grayson (Dark Order are deliberately being put in the Elite's orbit for Hangman/Omega and Uno is getting time on the mic every week and being positioned as a major part of this, we saw Grayson get some shine against Omega tonight) or Lucha Bros (both Fenix and Penta have tried with alternate partners, they have been conspicuously kept apart from each other for a large chunk of this year), imo.

People are saying Proud and Powerful, I don't see it, but there is history there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, according to his Instagram video, the LORE OF THE BLACK is

- He spent the last 5 years in a mental hospital.
- His eye got hurt in a fight with another patient named MATTHEW. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So.

Miro, Andrade, Tommy End, probably Matthew Adams too.

WWE botched a bunch of can't-miss prospects, cut them for no reason and AEW quietly raided a huge chunk of what should've been their future right out from under them.

Mox, too! Mox used to wrestle for WWE, remember that?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Regarding AEW bringing up the history of Darby and Ethan, somebody pointed this out. When they do this, they always say the promotion toi.

They have not said Evolve once on AEW.

That is really, really, really funny to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Three way phone call between Jeff, Tony and Tommy where Tommy has to sternly explain to Jeff that Malakai is Tommy End's alter ego and you have to include both names in the tweet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm curious what game 5 of the SCF did, it was pretty drat clear that tonight was gonna be the last game of the season, so I wonder if it did a bigger number than the rest of the series.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, Number next week is going to suck real bad so prepare yourself for that, Number enthusiasts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

What’s next week? MLB all star game? I think NBA finals are scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays now.

Game 4 is next Wednesday at 9.

And Game 6, if it happens is the Tuesday after so NXT might get popped in the mouth one more time too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/1414316562824241154?s=21

New Hardy baby coming, surprised they booked him and Christian this week and not next week, unless Matt is actually taking some time off after this week.

They already taped Fyter Fest. It's why they had to move Moxley vs. Brian Cage forward a week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every Fyter Fest was taped on July 1st and July 2nd, 2020. This is easily discoverable information.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe Miro is going to gently caress the TNT Title live on Fyter Fest Night 1.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah I dunno why I said that, I can too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rotinaj posted:

I'd be fascinated to know if they have a system for it, or if it's just "We didn't book you this week"

It's Tony Khan.

What does your heart tell you?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Some dude I've never heard of will beat Sammy isn't quite at the level of "Suge Dunkerton should beat Jericho", but it's in the same zip code.