Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I greatly enjoyed the thumbtack match, MALAKI BLACK NOT TOMMY END throwing sick spin kicks, Lance Archer killing some MMA guy cutting a Cornette promo, Idolo looking all cool and doing a double flip, and Britt saying a line just to infuriate WWE stan Twitter

Everything else was pretty good too, AEW owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bard Maddox posted:

the young bucks are the best tag team in the world, I enjoy watching their matches and I hope they both die.

The greatest heel compliment

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've decided I'm going to be really into whatever dumb bullshit lore stuff Black does, so please everyone prepare yourselves for that.

Unless it's like fiend level bad. But as long as it's not that I'm gonna call it "the fiend done right" even if it's nothing like the Fiend.

Thank you all for your time.

I will join you on this crazy lore train and I hope it is utterly incomprehensible and has lots of goo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1412957741526700033

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Oh, some fan rushed the ring to try and attack MJF? :lol:

And Jericho got a shot in on the fan while security was dragging him away :cawg:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Makes sense that QT couldn't beat him. MJF nearly killed Cody with ten strap shots but QT's shots were much weaker, he is less powerful.

And the real killer shot in that sequence was from Wardlow, who is powerful beyond comprehension

Next to that, QT’s shots are a soothing massage

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Maxwell Lord posted:

I am thinking now it's getting to be time for the Bucks to lose the belts. Not sure to whom though.

Chaos Project

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Oh no :cripes:

Probably lucky nobody (including him) got hurt.

https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1412980338687545346

PROTIP: don’t gently caress with Security Sam

Also
https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1412975572242870272
:unsmith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Tickets have been popping in and out so it might not be completely sold out.

That happens with all these, it’s usually people who had a bunch of browser windows in line or had a browser crash or whatever finally getting timed out and the tickets that were held for them released. It’s effectively a sell out but if you’re super fast and lucky (since there’s hundreds of other people doing the same) you can still manage to grab tickets for a couple hours afterward as they trickle in.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

When JR called Ex “Mark” on air this week, I was shook tbh. Didn’t know his real name. JR breaking kayfabe on air smdh

I didn't know his real name either, and my first thought was that JR must be working with Mark Henry a lot helping him get ready to do commentary on Rampage

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/TommyEnd/status/1413492390019563526

WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF BLACK

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/1413492054173405193

He made a friend!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

F4Wonline posted:

Malakai Black took to his wife Thea Trinidad's Twitch channel on Thursday to discuss his AEW debut, offering details on his ideas for his character, ring music and future plans.

Black said that only a handful of people knew that he was set to debut at the Road Rager episode of Dynamite, a fact only made possible due to a WWE clerical error that left him free to sign with another company.

"Once I found out that my contract was a tad different than the usual, I just came up with this idea," said Black. "We made it a thing to make it available to as limited people as possible because that's how you keep it under wraps. Security, Cody Rhodes, and a few others. It may have been five or six total people."

"It was all very last second. I feel like, in modern day wrestling, there are few moments to make a genuine surprise and get people to look your way. For me to sneak in, not be seen, dip and dive so they wouldn't see me, that took some skill."

Black said that his creative vision for his character involves playing a heel, an idea he had wanted to use since debuting in NXT. He said that Triple H envisioned him as a babyface in NXT, so the character was shelved. Black said that he has new entrance music and ring gear set to debut as well.

Regarding the blackouts that teased his eventual debut during Road Rager, Black said that they were his idea.

"I pitched that idea and said, 'What if we do multiple blackouts throughout the show and insinuated the technical difficulties?' Commentary did a great job getting that over and it came off great," said Black.

"It feels good where I'm in a place where my creative mind can be utilized instead of stopped and controlled and knowing that things weren't going to work."

Black stated that his decision to go to AEW was made for a combination of reasons, and that his debut was one of the highlights of his career.

"It was the right move for me to make for me, my family, my career, the state of mind I'm in. It's just a really good company. I can't say enough good things about it. They have a bright future."

"Last night was top three one of my favorite moments of my career... It was the cumulation of months and months and months and having this big payoff was worth the pain, chaos, and perseverance," said Black.

Black also spoke of AEW owner Tony Khan in glowing terms in response to a fan question on the Twitch stream.

"My first impression of Tony is great. What a f---ing wonderful dude. Really nice guy. Loves his company, loves wrestling."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What’s he getting at here

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1413535143160070145?s=20
https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1413546227212369926?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413668040579813380

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

to be fair with the hernia he has and his refusal to go to a doctor I wouldn't be shocked if he just randomly dropped dead at any point

I don't know anything about hernias and what they do so maybe it's not actually dangerous and just hurts a lot or something

Where are people getting Konnan's "refusal to go to a doctor" from? Konnan was in the hospital back in February for COVID and they straightened him up on some health stuff:

Konnan on his Podcast posted:

So let me tell you what happened. I loving was in the hospital, I wake up, there’s six doctors in front of me. An Nephrologist, a Cardiologist, an Infectious Disease doctor and they’re very, very mad. They’re angry with me because I’m not taking my pills, I’m being very rude, I’m not listening to instructions. This is in the hospital.

[I wasn’t listening to them] because I didn’t want to believe it was as bad as they were telling me. I didn’t wanna hear bad news. Now the bad news mean I can’t work, I can’t make money, as if that’s everything in life which it isn’t and so they’re loving talking to me and one guy just loving gives me a kick right in the nuts. He goes, ‘Well Mr. Ashenoff, since you don’t seem to understand the gravity of this situation, I’m gonna put it to you in black and white. There’s a very good chance, and when I mean very good chance, over 60 percent that your heart is going to stop. What would you like us to do with that heart?’ The other guy goes — I just was in shock. The other guy goes, ‘Obviously, that didn’t seem to illicit a response out of you.’ Well of course it didn’t motherfucker. I’m loving in shock. ‘Your kidneys are failing. What would you like us to do with that? Donate it to science?’ They gave us like three or four loving things. Then another guy walks in, a Chaplain and you know I hate religion, and the motherfucker wanted to pray with me. I almost threw him out the window but that’s real poo poo bro, and you survey your life and you go, ‘Okay, so what have I done?’ Had a lot of fun, took a lot of drugs, traveled the world, told a lot of people to go get hosed. But I did it my way, you know what I’m saying? And at the end of the day, I am not any way, shape or form going to in any way, shape or form cow toe, bend to, kiss rear end, just because people in this industry have money and everybody’s trying to get as much money as they can and they don’t wanna tell them the truth. Some of the conversations that I had with my closest friends were, ‘How did you put up with my bullshit for so long?’ And one of the things they always told me is, ‘No matter what, at least you kept it real with us.’

I was very, very, very — and I’m not a dramatic guy. I’m not, ‘Oh! Look at how much I work, look at how sick I am. Thank you to everybody.’ That’s just not me. It doesn’t make me better than anybody, doesn’t make me smarter than anybody. It’s just who I am, and at the end of the day bro, I just wanna live whatever I have left. If it’s one day, two days, what does it make a difference if at my funeral if five guys are there or 300 guys are there, I’m dead, you know? What did I do while I was here? What did I help do? My inner being is a helpful person like you Disco [Inferno]. You like to help people, so do I. There’s no way I would’ve helped so many guys that aren’t my family members if there wasn’t a part of me that likes to help people, and so, but what are you gonna be known for? For a guy that just went around bullshitting everybody and loving — you know what I’m saying? I mean at the end of the day, I just had kind of like an awakening and that’s all there is to it and I’m very — let me tell you one thing: I am fortunate — and I do not overdramatize this — to be alive.

He also said "I feel right now like a 70 [on a scale from 0-100] and it took me a long time to get here bro, long time. It was very, very, very scary and I have no problems telling you I cried."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gorgolflox posted:

lol darby allin is gonna be in the new jackass movie

yes, they are making a new jackass movie

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1414673812612960261?s=20

SonicRulez posted:

I'm happy Madi is back. Is Big Butch ok yet?

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1413561951838425092?s=20

Mr. Squishy posted:

e: Breaking news: Harlow O'Hara v. Diamanté. I guess her "maybe next time" tweet was about her getting to do something in her home-town of Miami rather than her not getting booked for the future.

She posted "Maybe one day" and people jumped to the conclusion that AEW was releasing her or something, but it could have been about Miami, could have been about wanting to be put back with LAX, or it could have been about coming to terms with her father dying when she was young (which she posted a big thing on Instagram about). Or poo poo, maybe like me, she's waiting for the McRib to come back again.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
cracking up at Sammy and Cody doing terrible cat noises while Sammy wears the Homelander jacket

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

vlogcody loving owns.

he needs to bring some of his aggressive weirdness back onto Dynamite, he has veered too far into Bland American Hero on the main show

he still had it back in the early days, like when he was obsessed with "Make em say uuuh" for about a month for no apparent reason

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

THATB

Does that still work?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For those who have been wondering about Diamante's future with the company but didn't watch Dark (spoilered for those who still intend to watch it): Diamante and Big Swole cut pretty firey promos on each other, so it looks like she at least has a small feud for the forseeable future. Also one of the insults Swole threw out there was something about stepping up to her when "you ain't even All Elite yet," which I don't think is something you put in a promo if you don't expect her to have that reasonably soon.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ganso Bomb posted:

Do they do these for unsigned people?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1389642228885192704?s=20

That's the only other one I can find for someone who isn't clearly signed

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

graph posted:

yuta seems cool and his dark matches were entertaining but hauscome he's getting a rocket so quickly

it is pretty funny that AEW takes development at such a measured pace that a midcard match with no stakes is considered a rocket

I'm not disagreeing, just considering it in the context of other companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

xbilkis posted:

Call me crazy, but I have a hunch the Sammy/Wheeler match will be more about getting Sammy on a Texas show, giving him some momentum after the MJF loss and furthering the Spears angle than anything to do with Wheeler Yuta.

I suspect it'll also be a nice showcase for Yuta where he gets a little more than one might expect but takes the loss, because they do see something in him, and they tend to book like that. Like how Angels (before he was Five) versus Kenny went down.