Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I think that was from people doing the math about sales vs. capacity but I don't know that it's anything official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

All Out more like Sold Out :smith: Not even the secondary market at this point.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i am not All Out, im instead All Sad.

:smith::hf::smith:

I might keep an eye on the secondary market but the prices are insulting and getting to the arena is a nightmare so maybe I'll just watch at home and sulk about it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I keep thinking about that MMA dude cutting that promo. It was honestly really good. I loved how he grabbed the mic, slowly made his way to the ring, established credibility, plugged the promotion, plugged his OWN promotion, and then tried to say he actually hated it all. It was crackerjack work -- he even faced the hard cam! All from someone who "didn't like modern wrestling."

Good stuff. My wife was shocked that he took that bump but I noted that given his two cauliflower ears and being the head coach for Top Team, Im sure he was fine lol.

He took a Blackout better than some jobbers.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

One of the Everything Elite hosts was at the show and had an episode with his brother where they laid out the DE card but I turned it off when they started to get a little too spoilery than I wanted. That said:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413615192294912003?s=20

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I just hope that these back to back Joshi matches are King's final test before her contract. Her Riho match was excellent and no doubt she and Yuka will have a banger and then we get footage of her getting signed on Tuesday and I will be happy.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

King is like 90% there, she just needs some tweaks to thread it all together. She had some kickass red/black gear she should wear again, and maybe get a bit more heelish, her size/physique definitely supports it, i love the knucklelock taunting spot she does

I think she's where she needs to be in terms of character, not there yet but with some decent foundation to build upon. I like the gear she's got but not the colors, the blue and green doesn't quite work for me, the red and blue would if the colors were a little less saturated. Personally, I like her being a face hoss because it would position her opposite Nyla in terms of power in the division, plus #RSK owns.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Goddammit, why is the Captain back to jobbing after his only win to date? Between All Out selling out and this, it's an insult to all Chicagoans and I won't stand for it.

I mean, I will, but come on TK

Edit:
https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1413673806145757187?s=19

rantmo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 10, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Don't think this one's been posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413631550273556485?s=19

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

edit: i wonder if we'll see a Ricky Starks run in...

edit 2: do you think Ricky needs a second / new finisher? i feel like there are gonna be too many dudes in AEW that he can't convincingly Ro-Sham-Bo

I don't know that he does a run-in but his promo definitely happened during Elevation so maybe we'll see that without the funky edit. And yes, Rochambeau is not a good finisher even if it shows how deceptively strong Ricky is.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's literally a school founded to be a place to get new young talent from.

Kind of but it's also explicitly not intended to be the pipeline to AEW unless they've changed their stance in the last few months.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

I had a dream that Warhorse was in AEW full time and had a talk show segment called Warhorse's Basement and it was basically like a Warhorse version of Wayne's World

I would sincerely enjoy that. Both parts of it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Speaking of Italians:

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1414342852688203787?s=20

Holy. poo poo. Jones.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

BTE was a perfect example of a thing on the internet, in that it is on the internet and something that can be viewed thereon. It's a subtle commentary about how there are videos on YouTube and I for one cannot wait for a real Vlog tomorrow.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Samuel, what the gently caress is your excuse this week? I need the good vlog goddammit.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

They were totally loving high out of their minds during that mcdonalds bit

A wonderful counterpoint to the earlier argument about the vlog being straight edge.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Vlog Cody is absolutely the best version of Cody there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lamuella posted:

So there are now enough Pages in or associated with AEW to do a Pageboys stable. They all get pageboy haircuts or wigs and wear velvet wrestling gear inspired by heraldry.

You know what else has a lot of pages? Books. You know what you need when you have a lot of books? Librarians.