Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Nakamura and Zayn.

Yeah this is most likely. Nak wants his final match to be with Tanahashi, and that’s clearly much easier to get done without uprooting the family again to move back to Japan by just signing with AEW and making a handshake deal with New Japan and do some of the big shows over there in a Jericho or Mox sort of schedule while doing a more full-time schedule on US TV. It also makes me think the NJPW/WWE on and off negotiations are probably about him more than they were about Bryan as they try to find ways to get him to re-sign.

And Sami’s clearly been done with WWE for, god, a couple years at this point. There’s probably some room in his house where he just notches the days until his contract is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

He could also show up for Strong whenever and be a really good veteran to build that show around if he wanted to do more NJPW than AEW without uprooting his family. But yeah, I'd really like to see him in AEW, I think he'd be a great fit and the way AEW schedules and paces its shows would let him conserve himself, like how they're doing right now with Christian.

Yeah, I imagine keeping the more limited schedule in a post-pandemic world also entices him, plus he still wants to prove he can be a major star in a U.S. promotion after WWE completely fumbled him from his first Wrestlemania until… now, really. The former WWE could offer with “well you only have to work TVs and PPV”, but the latter is, well, four plus years now of booking that more resembles a Pollack painting than an actual sketched out idea of where he was going.

Also hearing Excalibur yell “BOMA YE!” would be pretty awesome, Nakamura was long gone when Ex got to call those World Tag League shows in 2018 so he never got a chance.

MassRafTer posted:

If he wants that he could just do limited dates for New Japan they don't care about people doing a few special matches.

I mean, yeah, true.