Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

HOLY poo poo

God I love and hate that stupid loving company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

Arn interviewed, lights go out. It's Tommy End, it's not Tommy End, we don't know who it is, it's Malachi Black. Cody has a new opponent. Sure. Excalibur, stop knowing things in advance. Why can't he just be Tommy End?

He released a tiny short film revealing the new name earlier in the day yesterday, so in this case it'd make perfect sense for Excalibur to know about the name.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pamela Springstein posted:

coward Andy deleted his Darby allin burn

Pretty harmless joke but I wonder if superfans being giant weirdos in his replies made him decide to just delete it and not deal with them

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Saul Goode posted:

Something tells me the most complex thing this recapper has ever seen is the MCU.

It wasn't hard to follow at all, but it was kind of weird that it was presented as "Ricky Starks did this before the show, let's take a look". Did they just need to save on the time of not doing an entrance or something? Kind of a strange way to present a segment, but even presenting it in an odd way it was pretty easy to follow.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Do you think there's a longer game here with the Dan Lambert/Lance Archer stuff? The usual thing that would happen is that his MMA people would have jumped the railing to save him/chase Lance off after everything happened but they just seemed to love seeing him get his rear end kicked as much as everyone else. I figured it'd be some sort of Hager tie-in with the MMA stuff, so seeing Archer involved was a surprise.

Think Lambert brings in some MMA guy to wrestle Archer at All Out or something? Was this just a fun one-and-done thing since Lambert is based around Miami?

Unrelated, Ethan Page is going to kick everybody's rear end because of fashion:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1413153911926448137

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shinjobi posted:

Please announce more stuff for Dallas. I'm already going but I'd really like to know if I'm getting more than a 2 hour Britt Baker marathon.

They announced 4 matches for Austin on last night's show, so you'll probably get some match announcements on Dynamite next week. I think the only thing we knew for sure going into last night was Starks/Cage, and now we have Darby/Ethan, Hardy/Christian, Mox/Karl, and Penelope/Yuka.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Grem posted:

I really appreciate that the lights going out to tease Malakawaka Black or whatever was just lights out and not lights out and also weird distortion on the big screen or weird noises or anything like WWE usually does.

Agreed. I know the commentators tried playing it off as potentially being weather related, but I just figured it was some dumb production gaff and I didn't think about it again. Keeping it subtle and not doing a bunch of "WHOA, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!" immediately really helped undersell it to make the lights-out moment later actually mean something.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We all should have known what was happening when they went to the ring for an Arn Anderson interview without any other wrestlers by his side. When's the last time he did an interview by himself and didn't get clocked?

Come to think of it, it feels like any time Cody or Arn are alone in the ring to do some kind of interview someone shows up to either beat their rear end or call them out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a comedy forum

I haven't laughed once

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

graph posted:

you didn't laugh at tommy milkers ?

Sorry I meant I have laughed a lot of times, more than once

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I scrolled through their twitter feed a bit to get past all of the tweets from today and this person is a land of contrasts. Jumping the railing at Dynamite, clearly high on the Cornette "mudshow/cosplay wrestlers" thing, but also calling people out for their racist tweets about Naomi and dunking on Trumpers and conspiracy theorists.

Assuming this clown is already on a list to not be allowed back at AEW shows, so hopefully he doesn't do something even stupider at the next Jacksonville show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I keep thinking about that MMA dude cutting that promo. It was honestly really good. I loved how he grabbed the mic, slowly made his way to the ring, established credibility, plugged the promotion, plugged his OWN promotion, and then tried to say he actually hated it all. It was crackerjack work -- he even faced the hard cam! All from someone who "didn't like modern wrestling."

Good stuff. My wife was shocked that he took that bump but I noted that given his two cauliflower ears and being the head coach for Top Team, Im sure he was fine lol.

I think he might have done some stuff with Tom Lawlor in MLW, too? Or somewhere. I remember seeing him cutting promos before and finding him pretty funny and very good at being an antagonistic jerk.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

karmicknight posted:

Dan Lambert cut that exact same promo in TNA at one point, only he had a bag full of vintage title belts he had access to from someone (maybe he owned them). Dude is an MMA guy who gets pro wrestling.

Ah yeah, that's what I was thinking of.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Have there been other matches announced somewhere? I'm only seeing that one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kunabomber posted:

I think people are seeing the list on the spoiler thread, which is something I actively avoid.

Same! I'll wait until more stuff comes out. Seems like people were excited about something happening on Elevation/Dark and I don't want to risk spoiling something fun for myself.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pillman is now officially signed as his MLW contract wrapped up.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I just watched both of those Johnny Silver matches y'all posted: SO good!

Watching AEW has me interested in watching the silly little indie wrestling shows here in CT. I can't wait. One promotion here had a dude whose gimmick was that he was Amish. He'd churn butter in the ring.

Sounds like Levi Everett who I've seen people claim is actually Amish and not just Amish for a gimmick? Not sure how true that actually is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pillman still has room to grow but he's a hundred times better than he was in MLW during the run with Teddy and Davey. He had an absolute stinker of a match with Tommy Dreamer and he hasn't come anywhere close to anything that bad in AEW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I had a dream that Warhorse was in AEW full time and had a talk show segment called Warhorse's Basement and it was basically like a Warhorse version of Wayne's World

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Uh she seems cool as gently caress. Hopefully she gets to showcase a bit and it isn't just a quick squash.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Spam away! I love when people post these graphics in here, they don't always come out at the same time on Twitter so it's easier to know what's going on here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kunabomber posted:

I honestly think it's incredibly cool that AEW gives photoshoots for every extra that has a match - I wonder if they let the wrestlers keep the files for 8x10s

I see a lot of these folks posting the photos on Instagram and Twitter so I assume they have the rights to use the photos in some capacity, assuming they give credit.

I think they all might have the AEW logo in the background, though, so not sure if they get non-AEW'd versions of them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Yoots on Dynamite

God loving drat, I'm so happy that the last wrestling show I'll see in Texas is going to be such a banger

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

StarkRavingMad posted:

For those who have been wondering about Diamante's future with the company but didn't watch Dark (spoilered for those who still intend to watch it): Diamante and Big Swole cut pretty firey promos on each other, so it looks like she at least has a small feud for the forseeable future. Also one of the insults Swole threw out there was something about stepping up to her when "you ain't even All Elite yet," which I don't think is something you put in a promo if you don't expect her to have that reasonably soon.

I only caught bits and pieces of Dark but was super fuckin stoked to see this happening. Assuming it's a Dark/Elevation feud but hopefully it leads to a solid deal for Diamante if she doesn't have one already.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I dyed my hair and I'm ready to see wrestling in public again. LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wintermutant posted:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about being around that many people after so long, but drat if this card isn't doing a great job of smoothing out that anxiety.

Same. We've seen 2 movies and went to Pinballz with a friend who was visiting last weekend so we're slowly getting out and around people, but being in a packed, 100% capacity, sold out arena is still a little weird.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

Did you dye it white like your hero coddy rhode

I used to have gray/white/silver-ish shorter hair not because of Cody, but the last time AEW was in town some kid thought I was Cody as I was walking through the concourse. Now my hair is pink and if Cody shows up with pink hair I'm gonna spin kick Arn Anderson in the face.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I guess maybe Diamante IS signed?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415352616343715845

Do they do these for unsigned people?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so glad they mentioned (and roasted) the terrible t-shirt

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mons Hubris posted:

With Cody not on the card, will the devious devil man Malakai Black make an appearance tonight???

He's the first face you see in the preview video for tonight's show so I'm hoping he does something and we get to hear what I hope will be a killer loving theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The only way I'd see Yuta beating Sammy is if MJF caused a gently caress finish, but he's already moved on to Jericho (again) so I think this is just a way to give Sammy a good win in an exciting match after the MJF loss.

Edit: what they ^ said!