Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Still the coolest moment in the souls series imo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Control Volume posted:

I don’t recognize that. is that dlc

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

net cafe scandal posted:

DS2 dlc zone, yah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Badass

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

yup

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The ds2 dlc is good enough to make the game worth playing imo

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Rad-daddio posted:

this is rad

Ace Combat is like Metal Gear Solid, but with planes and this makes me really wanna play

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The ds2 dlc is good enough to make the game worth playing imo

Im replaying it and SOTFS by itself makes the game worth playing. It leans more heavily into feeling like a bizarre zelda game, and the early game has cool things like: using a combination of magic, rings, armor, items, and healing to survive walking on lava rocks, using a torch to keep dozens of spiders at bay, a group of enemies that dont aggro until you loot the upgrade materials theyre actively mining, an area that now has several powerful locked treasures that use the same consumable keys as optional side paths, DLC access locked behind obscure side paths whose keys are found in the same level as the DLC entrance, etc. It adds a lot of personality thats absent from the rest of the series.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

ds2 dlc had leaps and bounds better level design than the default stuff but it still unfortunately plays like ds2

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

it's cool but it doesn't make the top 10 even discounting Bloodborne and sekiro

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dark Souls 2 is the best of the 3 games if you ask me. Many people think I'm crazy for this opinion but it has the best hub and the best DLC (overall), and power stancing is badass.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
My biggest gripe with DS2 is that it has far too many underwhelming bosses.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CyberPingu posted:

My biggest gripe with DS2 is that it has far too many underwhelming bosses.

i agree but it has the same number of good bosses as other games so i simply accept and appreciate the mediocre mini bosses getting full arenas unlike the other games

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

i agree but it has the same number of good bosses as other games so i simply accept and appreciate the mediocre mini bosses getting full arenas unlike the other games

Fair. I don't think it's as bad a game as people give it poo poo for. I liked it more than 3 tbh.

There's not a whole amount of memorable bosses and one of the DLCs just reskinned two fights which seemed really cunty.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I kinda agree that 2 was my favorite, I think at that point I just wanted more Dark Souls stuff and 2 gave me more more more! Then by the time 3 came around I had basically had enough Dark Souls

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

1 will always be my favourite, I don't really like the hub style of 2&3, I prefer the perpetual flowing world of 1, felt a lot less linear.

I put off playing 2 for a long time due to the negative atmosphere around it but once I found out about the twin blades I had to jump on that. It's a shame those never appeared in any of the other games.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

CyberPingu posted:

1 will always be my favourite, I don't really like the hub style of 2&3, I prefer the perpetual flowing world of 1, felt a lot less linear.

I put off playing 2 for a long time due to the negative atmosphere around it but once I found out about the twin blades I had to jump on that. It's a shame those never appeared in any of the other games.

Bruh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Not the same. Twinblade in DS2 was a glaive type weapon that had a really unique moveset

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah twin blades were epic. What ds3 calls twin blades is just powerstanced curved and straight swords. Which is an epic move set to be fair but it's not twin blades.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yeah, those are cool looking poo poo in games

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Larry Parrish posted:

Dark Souls 2 is the best of the 3 games if you ask me. Many people think I'm crazy for this opinion but it has the best hub and the best DLC (overall), and power stancing is badass.
you are correct

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah twin blades were epic. What ds3 calls twin blades is just powerstanced curved and straight swords. Which is an epic move set to be fair but it's not twin blades.

*starts doin the pinching while looking through my fingers to make it look like i'm crushing you thing, but im like three inches away and it still looks right*

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

🤏

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04kijk1svbc&t=517s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

*starts doin the pinching while looking through my fingers to make it look like i'm crushing you thing, but im like three inches away and it still looks right*

Lol

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Dark Souls 2 has a tiny yet dedicated fanbase

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SimonSimplex/status/1417583910112747522?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Seems kinda impractical to get the item out of tbh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

Dark Souls 2 has a tiny yet dedicated fanbase

Dark Souls 2 fanbase is very short and loves to say f*ggot in the politics forum. :D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dark Souls 2 fanbase is very short and loves to say f*ggot in the politics forum. :D

Rude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Looks cool. What game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mkvltra posted:

Looks cool. What game?

trying to jack off posted:

*my smile continues to grow bigger and bigger until it looks entirely like a t-rexs mouth*